Author Topic: Would sony fix a droped ps3  (Read 1768 times)

Offline IA-Bornkiller

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Would sony fix a droped ps3
« on: May 12, 2009, 07:42:50 PM »
would sony fix a droped ps3 my warrenty expired  a year or two ago but im willing to pay for the fixing im just wondering if they would even fix it for me and how much it would cost and i wasnt the one who broke it i miss it so much  :cry2:

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: Would sony fix a droped ps3
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 08:15:40 PM »
They will.  Just tell them you have an out of warranty ps3 that you need fixed and send them the $150.  Don't bother telling them what broke it unless they ask.

as long as the serial sticker is still on there and it wasn't dropped in water they will fix it.

here's their number 800-222-7669   

Say agent; at prompt say agent; at prompt press 1; at prompt press 1.
^from http://www.gethuman.com/
that's how to get to the rep instantly  :cool:

your set

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 08:24:10 PM »
Yes as Tri-Edge stated they will and it will be around $150 butthey wont actually fix yours they will send you a replacement refurb.

Also before you send it in how badly damaged is it describe in detail what happened and we may be able to help you.

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 12:30:03 PM »
Yes as Tri-Edge stated they will and it will be around $150 butthey wont actually fix yours they will send you a replacement refurb.

Also before you send it in how badly damaged is it describe in detail what happened and we may be able to help you.
Most times they give yours back, I got mine back.

Offline IA-Bornkiller

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 03:10:10 PM »

well my cousin was helping me unplug it so i could take it downstairs to my other tv and he accidently droped it it wasnt even from a high height but the chrome strip on the bottom where the usbs are came off and some internal damage happened like you can hear like a small piece or something moving around in it the ps3 still turns on but it has a similoar problem like the ylod it does the same flashing and beeping and than it goes back to the red standby light

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 04:25:24 PM »
That sounds like it would need a new mobo or you just knocked some connection loose.

With that much damage I think Sony will just give you a refurb....Say good buy to all your saved games :(

Offline IA-Bornkiller

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 05:38:45 PM »
That sounds like it would need a new mobo or you just knocked some connection loose.

With that much damage I think Sony will just give you a refurb....Say good buy to all your saved games :(

i was thinking of just backing up all my stuff from my hdd to my pc sumhow or even taking out the hdd b4 sending my ps3 to sony it really dosent matter much i can just re download my games and other stuff i had as for the game saves it aint no biggie its old game anyways as long as i get to play a ps3 again lol

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 05:46:16 PM »

i was thinking of just backing up all my stuff from my hdd to my pc sumhow or even taking out the hdd b4 sending my ps3 to sony it really dosent matter much i can just re download my games and other stuff i had as for the game saves it aint no biggie its old game anyways as long as i get to play a ps3 again lol
Well each hard drive is specific to each console ex PS3 a dies u keep the hard drive and put it into PS3 b. PS3 b will tell you to reformat the hard drive.

The games as long as you havent already downloaded them 5 times your ok but if you already dled them 5 times u have to rebuy them.

The reason why I aked because I was thinking you might have just messed up the Hard drive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal