Author Topic: Wierd 360 Controller Status LED Problem, Any Help would be good  (Read 1818 times)

Offline joecrack57

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
ok i modded it like 20 times and once i finally thought it was working and done it looked like this:

now after 20 min they all started turning off 1 by 1. i resoldered everything like 20 times and still nothing i checked for broken traces i found none, tried just laying the led flat on the contacts and soldering 1 side so the other side still makes contact still nothing. well i hope u guys can help me.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:55:49 PM by joecrack57 »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Wierd 360 Controller Status LED Problem, Any Help would be good
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 05:42:34 AM »
post a pic of the board. 20 times whats left of it LOL...the player three is dim? this sometimes happens with cheap leds that dont have the best contact. I would first drop new solder on each side of the led. if that dont work test the solder pads to see what voltage they are getting with a meter. if you got power you have bad leds

if you damaged the led during install, burnt the lens, or slightly overheated it, they will light once and fail, sometimes not light al all!!

Offline joecrack57

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 09:09:42 AM »

post a pic of the board. 20 times whats left of it LOL...the player three is dim? this sometimes happens with cheap leds that dont have the best contact. I would first drop new solder on each side of the led. if that dont work test the solder pads to see what voltage they are getting with a meter. if you got power you have bad leds

if you damaged the led during install, burnt the lens, or slightly overheated it, they will light once and fail, sometimes not light al all!!
i'll try wat u said. i took a pic of the board but the pic looks really bad i don't know if u still want me to post it, and thanks for helping.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 09:41:23 AM by joecrack57 »

Offline joecrack57

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 06:27:43 AM »
tried it did not work still have the same problem.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 08:05:15 AM »
you do know that the lights are not all on all the time right. only the player one led is allways lit. (sorry dude just putting that out there, no offence intended)

I dont know that is a wierd 360 controller problem

Offline joecrack57

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 12:35:01 PM »
you do know that the lights are not all on all the time right. only the player one led is allways lit. (sorry dude just putting that out there, no offence intended)

I dont know that is a wierd 360 controller problem

i know they are not on all the time. but still they turn off even when ur on player 1,2,3,4

Offline injungleist

• Club AM VIP
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • mod your face off.
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 02:08:40 PM »
i would say test the leds. i had this prob with my psp trigger. it was on and off for a while/ i thought it was a short so i took it out and it was a bad led. and 20 times i think it might have been damaged in the process.
thx gamerdude767
trades w/ blazinkaos
purchases from sniper (fast shipping)

Offline joecrack57

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 06:56:13 PM »
i would say test the leds. i had this prob with my psp trigger. it was on and off for a while/ i thought it was a short so i took it out and it was a bad led. and 20 times i think it might have been damaged in the process.
i tried i solder for like 1 sec then take off most i solder for is 2 secs

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 11:33:32 AM »
Hey where'd u get your LEDs? Some of the cheaper ones from eBay are crap quality...

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline joecrack57

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 03:38:48 PM »
ok the controller led pads are F%*#@& up. but the controller still works i tried fixing it but i just ended up taking another contact point off. i still solder to the traces with kynar but now the leds just go crazy lmfao jajaja, so i took them off. anybody interest in this controller im willing to take 10 bucks for it or watever offers u have. it could be a good test dummy or u can use it for parts.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 03:49:50 PM by joecrack57 »

Offline fiveten

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 03:45:49 PM »
OK, when you first turn it on and it is synced on your console to #1 controller....all the LEDs are on? Is it a matrix controller? Let us know

fiveten

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal