Author Topic: Back after an Absence  (Read 7333 times)

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Re: Back after an Absence
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 09:09:55 AM »
hmm, I see. so Acidmag will be a monthly .pdf that is available for members to dload.  I still see a lot of overlap with the news team.

Im not trying to be critical of the news team, I just know that people get hot on certain things for a while, and then cool down.  I know the news lately is pretty weak, but by no means is there a lack of news, just lack of effort/interest.  I think that anyone here could take advantage of the blogging potential of this site, and make a great name for themselves.  Tec_ made and a few others have made some good contributions so far but I think lack of other contributions has made it less attractive for him/them. Tec_ probably could be a paid blogger at computer oriented site.  thats right I said PAID BLOGGER, as there is such a huge need for them in todays media.  Blogging is one of the best ways to make $$$ on the internetz, I am suprised more people havnt stepped up to try and make a name for themselves.

So I guess there is a need for Acidmag, but I propose it is lumped into the news team, maybe change the news team to blog team and have the teams responsibility be both news page and monthly magazine with overlap on eachother. (like teaser articles for the mag in the news)

I am going to look into ways that we can pay you guys for your work, however it will be easier for us if we have a good blog going that is already generating revenue.  If we had a store I could offer you guys products or credits towards modding stuff, but unfortanately we dont so advertizements are our only source of income atm, and we are trying to cover server fees with those.  Robin and I both see a need for paying people for their work, and believe me we are both looking at every possible way to do that, but until we get a busy site, we cant make any promises. (BTW everthing I do here is volunteer unless my products are being sold in the shop)

I am just thinking out loud here and am not trying to point fingers at the news team, i just want dialog about these things as this site is just as much yours as anyone elses as we are a community forum and without community the site is just 1s and 0s.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 09:13:09 AM by 802Chives »

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2009, 10:40:49 AM »
yes i think that making the news team also responsible for the mag will be a sensible decision. As for my contribution to the front page , i have some really serious issues going on right now, but gimme 20 days more and i'll be the most active news team member :) payment is secondary , consider it only after you work out some way to cover the expense till then i would wholeheartedly work just because of my love for this site.

About increasing the site popularity, i seriously think that the forum and the site itself needs improvements. We have some incredible coders and artists here , why can't we have a really professional looking awesome site which actually looks like it means business. Don't get me wrong, but seriously the site really doesn't look professionaly run. I am seriously planning to come up with some good material for the front page but as i said i'm really really busy right , i'm going around applying to colleges and stuff and its a living nightmare.... I know you didn't point it at me directly but being part of the team i feel directly responsible for sorta dereliction of my duties.....
Oh n penny, i'm really really interested in joining up for the acid mag, if it matters a lil bit , i have experience covering the Pirate Bay court case in a National Newspaper here in India....           
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 11:36:08 AM »
I know you didn't point it at me directly but being part of the team i feel directly responsible for sorta dereliction of my duties.....
you are right, and I respect that you feel a bit of ownership in the news team, really that is what I want everyone in your position to feel.  I realize that everyone has a lot going on in real life, so I dont want people to feel like it is a job, what i do want is you guys to realize AM is a medium for professional development, and that what helps AM can ultimately help you.

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 12:00:22 PM »
what people here are not understanding are that they have control over one of the most famous modding websites in the world !!! I really appreciate the post given to me and am really givin it some thought to come up with interesting material. 
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2009, 03:09:41 PM »
actually if you look around , there really isn't much news worth posting. I'm interested in the mag mostly because if i'm not wrong   that it will have full length articles instead of just small headlines followed by a few lines of text. The mag should in my opinion be a monthly downloadable pdf document involving the art team as well as people willing to write full length articles on the latest happenings in the world of technology as well as feature a mod of the month section among other stuff. Now that would make a kick ass magazine....
I rember one version of the acidmag was for the PSP and was downladable .html files that was like a magazine for the PSPs internet browser while on the go ill see if I can find the .zip file
EDIT: I found it Here
And it IS for the PSP internet Browser.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 03:13:25 PM by Slim Hacker »

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2009, 03:50:27 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:49:51 AM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

Offline P3nnyw1se

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • AcidMaG
    • Myspace
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2009, 03:56:32 PM »
News is well...news about mods, new consoles/developments, interesting finds (BenHeck) and stuff like that, the magazine is about mods, game reviews, interviews, what's been going on for the past few months, stuff like that!

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2009, 04:02:44 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:50:02 AM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2009, 05:24:51 PM »
lol I rember when people were making AcidMag beta pics and I got bored sooooooooo here ya go...

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2009, 05:31:18 PM »
Yeah I feel guilty about the lack of news too. Thing is, school's been really busy lately, with my teachers trying to catch up on stuff they need to teach us, before the school year ends. That means they're giving us projects on projects all the time, and tests are coming in pretty fast now too. During the summer, I'm gonna have LOADS of free time, so I'll hopefully try to contribute more.

As for the magazine, sounds AWESOME! I can try to help, but no guarantees as my plate's pretty full atm.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal