Author Topic: Acidmag  (Read 8589 times)

Offline P3nnyw1se

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • AcidMaG
    • Myspace
Acidmag
« on: May 24, 2009, 09:43:45 AM »
I've been looking at the acidmag html pages, and I don't have nearly enough experience with html coding to do that, so we will need a coder, aside from that I need people who are willing to find interesting topics/rumors and write about them for the magazine while we attempt to find a coder who can put it all together, x.x

Post here if you want to join the Acidmag, I'll be the chief editor and oversee the articles/reviews and be a game reviewer for the magazine, so all the other spots are open!

If an Admin sees this, could we have a board just for the magazine like we did before Barshalen left?  That would be great!  Get back to me on that via PM please!

Let Acidmag once again, be ressurected!!!!!!

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
Re: Acidmag
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 10:03:20 AM »
yes i would like to be a part of the Acidmag. I have a lot of experience writing for local newspapers and have even helped prepare a segment for a national tech show.
I'm great at writing articles and am very vocal about technology.
On a side note, i'd prefer if possible , a position above a writer. How about setting a hierarchy system here ? I mean something like assistant editor and the sort. As you will ofcourse be the chief editor, i'd like to formally apply for the position of assistant editor , if such a position is being set up.
Thanks.
-Dhruv   
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 10:09:17 AM »
I would very much like to help out with acidmag :D

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 10:21:44 AM »
yes i would like to be a part of the Acidmag. I have a lot of experience writing for local newspapers and have even helped prepare a segment for a national tech show.
I'm great at writing articles and am very vocal about technology.
On a side note, i'd prefer if possible , a position above a writer. How about setting a hierarchy system here ? I mean something like assistant editor and the sort. As you will ofcourse be the chief editor, i'd like to formally apply for the position of assistant editor , if such a position is being set up.
Thanks.
-Dhruv   

LOL for what reason would he give you a higher position than anyone else? O_o...

I MIGHT join, but not anytime soon. Been swamped with school work. I would be willing to help over the summer though. I mostly centralize myself with PSP modding.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 10:43:46 AM »
LOL for what reason would he give you a higher position than anyone else? O_o...

I MIGHT join, but not anytime soon. Been swamped with school work. I would be willing to help over the summer though. I mostly centralize myself with PSP modding.
Maybe because he has more experience then most people here..

@p3nny- Is it going to be a monthly thing?

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 10:49:41 AM »
@Justin - as Jumbo just said, i do have a lot of experience with this sort of stuff. Also if you really think that i'm lying and insist , i can come up with some sample articles.... 
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline P3nnyw1se

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • AcidMaG
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 11:05:05 AM »
Samples won't be needed, I have trust in your abilities!  Anyway, as far as a hierarchy goes, I'll have to work on that a little bit

@ Jumbo - I'm thinking every two months, monthly can become too much/or too little to write about!  So I figure that a two month gap can allow us to have enough time to get new ideas/concepts/articles/mods to write about.

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 11:21:38 AM »
@ Penny- thank you. Btw i think that the duration of the magazine should be adjustable depending on the amount of news but should be at least once every two months with special editions in between.

Also, i think that we should start up quick as e3 , wwdc, etc are gonna take place very soon and will give us a lot of news to cover...   
  you look like a carrot.

Offline P3nnyw1se

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • AcidMaG
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 11:25:42 AM »
That's true, good idea!  I like the special edition plan, now what we need it a board for the magazine, an html coder (Anyone know of someone that could do this?) and more staff!

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 11:34:05 AM »
hmmm ... Well the board won't take time , just message Robin or someone. But why do you need an html coder ? I thought this was going to be a downloadable pdf magazine so that people can carry it along on portable devices to read and also so that it can be easily shared.... We already have three people, we should get to work as soon as the boards are up.
  you look like a carrot.

Offline P3nnyw1se

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • AcidMaG
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 12:00:39 PM »
It's meant to be built upon a series of webpages so that people can view it on their PSP's without any homebrew application, and so that they can also view it on their stand alone PC's, that's why we need an html coder, lol

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 12:05:25 PM »
ok , but i suggest that we also have a pdf version. I'll convert the html pages to pdf for us , if you're interested.  Btw decided on when to start ? I'm eager to start on the mag. It'll be a phenomenal start for the magazine as we'll have a huge amount of stuff, it can be like a bumper inaugral issue :) covering e3, wwdc, etc...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 12:08:27 PM by dhruvrock2000 »
  you look like a carrot.

Offline P3nnyw1se

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • AcidMaG
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 02:03:38 PM »
Can't cover E3 until it's started, xD
PDF doesn't sound too bad, so I'll dwell on that, we'll probably end up doing that to try it out, for now, let's get some ideas together for articles and such...like the rumored Ps3 remake, xD

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 02:43:24 PM »
The news Team Should Be Worrying about the News Page Not The Acidmag. Don't take more than what you can handle.

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 08:02:18 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:43:25 AM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 08:06:54 PM »
@psychotic- i can handle both. I'm already taking care of my responsibility in the news team by covering the latest news in the assigned field.   
  you look like a carrot.

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 08:37:16 PM »
You know, I was the One to make the Very first Acidmag and it was Images you would load on to your psp and view it on the go. Anyways Sure Dhruv I Understand. I'm just talking about The News Team in a whole not just you.

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline P3nnyw1se

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • AcidMaG
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 08:40:40 PM »
Hm, alrighty, looks pretty good.  Coding would help a lot, I don't know all that much in html, x.x

Psychotic, any help with coding would be great, =D
I know you're busy though!

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2009, 08:45:41 PM »
No problem, but even then you should realise that there really isn't much going on at the moment. My last post about the leaked ps3 slim was the last interesting piece of news i saw.....
  you look like a carrot.

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2009, 08:54:05 PM »
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:47:27 AM by W-Gaming5 »

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2009, 10:08:44 PM »
we can even use frontpage or some other WYSIWG editor...
  you look like a carrot.

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2009, 11:08:36 PM »
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:42:42 AM by W-Gaming5 »

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2009, 11:22:52 PM »
well that settles it , we can make do without a html coder :)
  you look like a carrot.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2009, 11:32:10 PM »
Eh, not really. Pennywise hasn't even given his opinion about this. I don't think an HTML coder is absolutely necessary, but it'd be better.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2009, 11:43:56 PM »
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:42:48 AM by W-Gaming5 »

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2009, 11:48:59 PM »
i was just kidin around, but i'll do the compatibility stuff.... Btw you mean ipod touch or the hard drive models ? For the harddrive models we can have a text only version...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 11:51:40 PM by dhruvrock2000 »
  you look like a carrot.

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2009, 11:54:56 PM »
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:42:45 AM by W-Gaming5 »

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 12:56:04 AM »
i too have a hard drive model only so i too would like a text version. I can make it into all the diff versions...
  you look like a carrot.

Offline P3nnyw1se

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • AcidMaG
    • Myspace
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 10:07:59 AM »
Front page and that would be good for PC Browsers, but not PSP's, which is the problem, but I'm for the idea of it being on Ipods taking we can find a way to put them on there!!!!!!  Let's do it!

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 10:17:13 AM »
i'll handle the ipod stuff , don't worry about it.  On the psp browser , we will need to have scrolling because the comparatively low resolution won't be able to display much of text at once... Ur comments ? Oh n when are we formally sorting out all the positions, setting the boards and starting up !!!
  you look like a carrot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal