Author Topic: multiple sensor bars  (Read 3373 times)

Offline ColdSoldier

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
multiple sensor bars
« on: May 24, 2009, 03:08:19 PM »
has anybody ever tried useing two or more sensor bars to surround a tv?

im wondering if multiple sensor bars would help the wiimote respond better, or if it would cause interference?

im gonna try it any way but i was just wondering if any body has already tried it.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: multiple sensor bars
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 03:43:34 PM »
All it would do is confuse the wiimote.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 09:06:22 PM »
has anybody ever tried useing two or more sensor bars to surround a tv?

im wondering if multiple sensor bars would help the wiimote respond better, or if it would cause interference?

im gonna try it any way but i was just wondering if any body has already tried it.
it would just make the wiimote(S) confused on where the tv is.  If you want be response just make sure nothing is surrounding the sensor bar and put it in a place with a clear view to the wiimote

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 09:55:32 AM »
wii motes only designed to recognize the 6-8 leds in the wii mote, 3-4 on each side so adding more would make it trippy and give you a jumpy cursor.
It's been a long time

Offline ColdSoldier

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 07:32:37 AM »
okay, thanks for the heads up.

since the wimote is designed to read a maximum of 8 ir leds would it possibly be benificial to place two ir leds at each corner of the display?

im so persistant about this because no matter where i place the sensor bar i still find that i have dead spots where the wii mote doesnt read as well.

its usually but not always when the bar is on top i get less responce on the bottom of the screen and when i put it under i get less reponce on the top of the display.

if i put the bar in the dead center of my display it works perfect but then it makes it difficult to ignore a sensor bar sitting square in the center of the display.

so to re-cap, thank you for your advice but i still must find a solution to my "dead spot" issue or i just cant enjoy my console.

i guess because of the 8 ir led limit i must set up my display so that it spreads the ir lights around the display

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 06:44:07 PM »
No no no it's not designed to read leds. Spreading them around the room just won't work.
You don't have a dead spot, you've got too much interference between the wiimote and the sensor bar.

Offline ninjamonkey

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 07:43:20 PM »
What if you made a senor bar to go around the tv? Like one in the top left corner, top middle, top right corner, right side middle, bottom right corner, bottom middle, bottom left, left side middle. That would add up to 8 LEDS. It might make the wii mote more responsive. Could work. Does go above the limit of LEDS, since its reall just one big sensor bar that goes around the outskirts of the tv screen.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 03:56:23 AM »
Omg. The wiimote doesn't read leds, it sees the IR light and relays it's position back to the wii based on where it is in 2d space in relation to the IR light. Spreading them around, in theory, will.not.work. It will be displaying a different position for each LED.
WON'T WORK.

By the way, stop breaking rules by bumping old, dead, solved threads like this one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal