Author Topic: High fan use?  (Read 851 times)

Offline Venom_762

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
High fan use?
« on: May 28, 2009, 09:56:41 PM »
I went to watch a Net Flicks movie for about an hour and got sick of and went to play some WaW. I am on the hardest at the level where you have to crawl through the building on fire. As soon as that mission starts the fans start to howl. Never heard this before. Is it just because of the graphics used to make the flames? Then I rebooted and went to play some Online and it was fine. Went back to the mission and boom the fans kick up higher. Is it just me paranoid the ROD is coming?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: High fan use?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 12:44:49 PM »
That has nothing to do with RRoD. You're perfectly fine.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »
as kicks said, what is happening is the graphics prosessors is under an extream load with all that moving on the screen at once, therfore creating more heat, thus kicking in the 12v fan speed. this is normal, and infact it is a sign that your xbox is functioning correctly.

I got up and run here, I shot the first two guys in the window with a head shot and keep moving for the stairs.

Offline Venom_762

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 07:41:15 PM »
Yeah I got through it and is went back to normal. I think the I did not hear it the first time because I was not running the game off of my HDD. Since then I got the 120GB HDD and all of my games are saved on it and its as quite as a mouse, one with bad gas :rofl:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 11:18:10 PM by Venom_762 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal