Poll

should I get it?

yes
4 (100%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Should I get this?  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Should I get this?
« on: June 04, 2009, 08:40:54 PM »
I got some money for graduation and I saw an archos 605 wifi 80gb on craigslist. The problem is he's asking a $170 for it and I'm not sure if I want it that badly. I would like a media player to keep all my movies on so I can watch entire seasons of movies without having to lug around a computer.  You can also plug it into a computer regularly and just drag and drop the movie without any special software (a la psp).  The thing is it is the previous generation and is already out dated.  I bet I can talk him down to $125 but I'm not sure, I already talked him down to $150. 

So do you guys think I should get this?  I'm going on a long plane ride in the next couple of days and this would be nice but I don't know if it's worth it.  I know I would use it like everyday.

EDIT: He also bought the cinema and web browsing plugins for it already too.
EDIT2: it turns out it can take stuff off of my mom's dish dvr so I can take tv shows too.  it sounds like I should buy it but I don't know for sure.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 08:44:45 PM by Tri-edge »

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
Re: Should I get this?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 08:45:40 PM »
ive always wanted an archos. just never had the money lol

i say go for it

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 08:46:44 PM »
It really depends on what you already have and how convenient you want it. If you have a PSP, and you don't mind converting videos, then I would just stick with the PSP. This thing sounds like it requires no conversion, so if you like the convenience more, go for it. 150's a little expensive for an outdated, used video/music player with wifi IMO.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 08:53:29 PM »
It really depends on what you already have and how convenient you want it. If you have a PSP, and you don't mind converting videos, then I would just stick with the PSP. This thing sounds like it requires no conversion, so if you like the convenience more, go for it. 150's a little expensive for an outdated, used video/music player with wifi IMO.
even though it's outdated it still does much more then a lot of stuff on the market. It has a dvr station for tv/vhs/dvd/whatever recording.  it and also put stuff on the tv.  With the web browsing plugin (which it has) it can download movies from youtube, dailymotion, and veoh.  With the cinema plugin (which it has) it plays all the popular movie formats.  It also has a touch screen, built in kickstand and a bunch of other stuff.  I know all this because I have research the subject of pmps in order to try and find the best one for me.  But I'm too picky and want everything. 

BTW this can be used as an external HDD for the psp  :cool: I just don't know if I want to spend $150 (of my $250 in my bank) for it.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 09:03:26 PM »
okay that thing sounds sweet... try to haggle to 125.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 09:05:02 PM »
if you have a job, or another steady income, i would say get it.  you sound like you really want it... like justin said, try to get it for $125

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 09:13:11 PM »
if you have a job, or another steady income, i would say get it.  you sound like you really want it... like justin said, try to get it for $125
I don't have a job but I will soon.  that's the whole reason I'm going on a plan in a couple days.... to work for my sister at minimum wage.  But I'm probably only going to get $1000-2000 this summer so I don't know if I want to save or not.   Anyways I'm leaning to yes right now. I'll call him back tomorrow and haggle him some more and talk to my parents.  If he goes $125 more then likely I will get it and post a review on it.

Offline Kilokk

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 09:21:16 PM »
lol 1000-2000 dollars isn't anything to laugh at.  If you save it, you can get a car with that dough. (provided you don't have one already). if not then think of the mods you could do with that cash.

btw minimum wage isn't too bad.  i make 3o cents over, and i get a decent amount (provided target gives me the friggin hours)

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 09:37:34 PM »
 :fear: I just realized that I can use this to record my gaming sessions  :fear: I am so getting this now to prove how much of a better gamer I am now. :D

Offline Kilokk

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 10:04:53 PM »
dude... GET IT!

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 11:21:14 AM »
BUMP:  I couldn't talk him down to $125, he still wants $150.  I don't know for sure because I would have to buy one plugin someday (to play .mp4 videos) but other then that I don't really have to buy anything else for it.  It already comes with the dvr so I don't know what else I would need to buy. 

Do you guys still think I should get it? Please don't be afraid to post nobody here is going to bite!   :laughing:

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 11:41:18 AM »
It sounds like you would benefit from it.  It doesn't matter that it's outdated. It still works and it's usable in many ways. I say go for it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal