Author Topic: am i spoiled for this?  (Read 6849 times)

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
am i spoiled for this?
« on: June 06, 2009, 01:43:59 AM »
ok so my friend says i am spoiled because my mom said she would pay for my unlock sim and my first month t-mobile flexpay payment.  She wants me to have it in case i am out and need a ride (or something like that).  she also wants it paid back in full when i get paid (so i think i can wait for a week lol).

this guy says that i am spoiled because of this, and that my parents pay for everything.  I paid for my 360, my wii, my guitar (they bought my bass, though i had wanted one for years and it was before i had a job.  AND it was a birthday present) my second PS2, 2 of my three psp's (no clue where the broken one came from @_@) every game i own,  my old lappy, all my games ect.  i will even be paying my own phone bill.

this kinda stuff pisses me off.  his parents paid for his lappy, his 200 dollar sidekick 2 (that he broke within a week)  his phone bill (that he doesn't care if overages or anything else happens to.)  his 360,  hiis games, his guitar, his... everything.  He actually has the nerve to complain that his parents wont give him their camero (sp?) even though he has to go to summer school for the 4th year in a row. 

sorry acidmods, it just really pisses me off to hear i am spoiled >.< i pay for my own :censored:.../rant

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
Re: am i spoiled for this?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 02:24:09 AM »
hmmm i really don't think that you are spoilt... With all the stuff you told us, it is he who is spoilt ! 
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline Kilokk

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 02:29:37 AM »
HUZZAH! thank you!  i used to get whatever i wanted from them, but after i got my own job i said use that money on bills (though it is usually used on booze >.<)

its kinda like a big smack in the face to hear that from him though...  i mean, the last thing my mom got me was guitar strings (broke high e, it was between payday's, you know how it is). he sold his guitar (a BIIIIIIIIG no-no in his family) and now he wants the b.c. rich warbeast (the same one i want >.<) lol he will probably get it before i do >.<

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 03:49:57 AM »
awesome guitar choice there :) he'll probably get it first but he wont appreciate it as much as you do , because you would have bought it from your own money.... Ur makin me wish , i had a job !!!
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 06:05:33 AM »
maybe alittle, even though you pay it all back, you still get whatever you want when you want it. I presonally think, you should learn to go without untill you can afford to take care of it yourself. basically it sounds like you have a free unrevolving no limit credit card, and the name on the card is "mom" I think that if they stop this, and you learn to save money, because you obviously make decent money, I think you would be much better off in the long run.

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 06:27:11 AM »
Nah your not spoilt, hes just being a hypocrite, people think I am a hypocrite, but I have a lot of stuff because I have a job, I dont even get an allowance when they all do, I pay for my own clothes, i have 6 laptops, £2000 in modding tools, 2 desktops, 1 gaming rig in the making (Just ordered the parts, putting it together very soon, QUAD CORE BEAST),2 360s, 3 PSPs, did I mention designer clothes? However, I got it for cheap, lol, designer clothes, I get them when they on sale, modding tools, many are from my dad (To encourage me to get into electronics, like ocsilloscope, weller etc), 6 laptops (one I bought for only £300, another one a friend gave, and the other 3 I found, I actually found 2 that somebody threw out whilst I was doing newspaper rounds, the other one I found, it was at a car boot sale, I made a little deal, I said if I buy that shirt for £10, you throw in that laptop for free? muawhuawh)

But yeah, your not spoilt, your not spoilt if you earnt the money yourself (Or ur just lucky with deals)

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 06:29:40 AM »
@ Phenomenal - Dude what are you doing for a job !!! How much r u earning !
  you look like a carrot.

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 06:39:52 AM »
Rich Kids Like Him Are Dumb Kids That Go To Summer School ahah

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 02:04:19 PM »
@ Phenomenal - Dude what are you doing for a job !!! How much r u earning !
I do newspaper rounds, earns me £20 a week

Fix computers, earns £15-£100 a week

Graphic Design, usually never, but twice i have been paid £300 and £400 for it

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 02:20:23 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 08:28:51 AM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 08:31:57 AM »
hypocrite huh? I dont think so. I work 50-70 hrs a week, every week. I have alot of nice stuff that I paid for. and I am able to pay for such things because I when I was raised, I was brought up completely differently then the kids today. If I wanted something I earned it,  bought it myself, or did without. something I wanted was never bought for me and given to me on credit, which no minor has. I was taught the only way to get the things you want was through hard work and determination, and it is these same morals that have extended in to my adult life, I am now 28 up for partner in my firm (a $3 million dollar company)

hypocrite, huh....I bought my first car at 15...I left home and supported myself at 16. I funded my own way through college. I worked my way up a corporate ladder I had no knowledge of or relation to, working two jobs in the mean time.

LOL I think you should read this article

http://micheleborba.ivillage.com/parenting/archives/2007/10/got-a-spoiled-kid-take-my-test.html

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 08:52:01 AM »
*** Post deleted ***
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 08:54:15 AM by ~:Dhruv:~ »
  you look like a carrot.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »
hypocrite huh? I dont think so. I work 50-70 hrs a week, every week. I have alot of nice stuff that I paid for. and I am able to pay for such things because I when I was raised, I was brought up completely differently then the kids today. If I wanted something I earned it,  bought it myself, or did without. something I wanted was never bought for me and given to me on credit, which no minor has. I was taught the only way to get the things you want was through hard work and determination, and it is these same morals that have extended in to my adult life, I am now 28 up for partner in my firm (a $3 million dollar company)

hypocrite, huh....I bought my first car at 15...I left home and supported myself at 16. I funded my own way through college. I worked my way up a corporate ladder I had no knowledge of or relation to, working two jobs in the mean time.

LOL I think you should read this article

http://micheleborba.ivillage.com/parenting/archives/2007/10/got-a-spoiled-kid-take-my-test.html

I wasnt calling you a hypocrite, i was calling kilokks friend a hypocrite

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 12:23:04 PM »
your definitly NOT spoiled,
every single person at my school thinks I am,
they come over and are like, are your parent rich? and then I ask why and they ALWAYS say because they buy you all of this stuff, then I have to go on a rant about I had jobs and earned enough money for my: xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 24" tv, mac mini and all of my psps...~5?

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 01:27:48 PM »
well i think if your friend is calling you spoiled he isnt much of a friend as if he was he would understand what you do and how you earn your money. and i agree with matt in part you shouldnt use your parents as a credit card and it feels so much better buying something using your own money to buy things, when i do it it give me a sence of pride and indipendance.

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 02:25:52 PM »
Yeah I totally agree with Matt. I honestly can't wait until I'm old enough for a job... It's nice having your parents buy you things and all, but you gotta learn to support  yourself eventually... Better to start sooner than later. I'll admit I'm pretty spoiled, but I hope throughout high school when I get my own job I can finally stop relying on my parents for everything.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Kilokk

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 03:15:42 PM »
lol guys, i am not going to use the credit card mom thing.  I said in the post that "i think i can wait a  week" meaning i am not going to do that.  the only reason she was going to do that in the first place was because i do not drive yet ( i am saving up for a car though ^_^)  and she drinks a lot (especially when i am at work) so if she is drunk i can still have a ride home when i need one. 

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 03:25:25 PM »
I buy everything I got. Like the new 40inch tv i bought yesterday that I am typing to you on. Some people just are jelous of other peoples things so they try and make you feel bad about it.

Offline Kilokk

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 04:33:07 PM »
lol 40 in. tv as a monitor? AWESOME!

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 08:11:26 PM »
wow u guys.  ppl think i'm spoiled but i don't really think i am.  The only big thing i have is my n95(about $700 but I don't have a connection for it so i can't call, text any such thing.) which my dad bought me and a crappy guitar ($130).  I have no huge freaking screen tvs, no ps3, no xbox not even a good computer but a 3 yr old laptop (which sucks), no huge sound system.  Not even a proper BED i sleep on a mattress on the floor.  I have 2 psps one of which which i bought.  I get the best grades ever, all 90% +.... work at a restaurant and dump all the money i earn in my bank (haven't even spent a single $ out of that), fix ppls computers, unlock/jailbreak ipods and iphones and all that kinda stuff(i do most of that for free).... and still ppl think i'm spoiled...
ps: i have never ever had a birthday party either(just once when i was like 5)
 ppl are just *very bad word* ... everyone who lives a happy life seems spoiled to them...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 08:13:21 PM by Bhawan »

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009, 08:13:21 PM »
Yeah Bhawan you're definitely not spoiled. I think it's true that people who have nothing just hate everyone who's got more than them and just automatically call them spoiled.

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 09:42:56 PM »
killok, i don't think ur spoiled either .... so what if you have parents that love you and want to provide you all they can...

ps. simlocks are gay... i hate them there just another $10-50 for cellphone repair dudes...

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 04:55:17 AM »
I wasnt calling you a hypocrite, i was calling kilokks friend a hypocrite

sorry I misstook that statment..my bad.

lol guys, i am not going to use the credit card mom thing.  I said in the post that "i think i can wait a  week" meaning i am not going to do that.  the only reason she was going to do that in the first place was because i do not drive yet ( i am saving up for a car though ^_^)  and she drinks a lot (especially when i am at work) so if she is drunk i can still have a ride home when i need one. 

I think thats the best thing you could do. I also think you have a very good head on your sholders, just due to the fact that you realize the situation and you seem to not try and take advantage of your parents kindness. I firmly believe that this is a large problem with society today, however most of you guys and most kids interested in what we are doing are not the spoiled ones, LOL its the ones buying $200 premods that are spoiled. JK

and @ justin.. I love the fact that you can admit that your are spoiled..that is great.... enjoy it for a few more years... I have to keep in my mind most of your ages (no offence intended)  but realize these are advantages to being young, just remeber, those times will pass.

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2009, 06:00:16 AM »
wow u guys.  ppl think i'm spoiled but i don't really think i am.  The only big thing i have is my n95(about $700 but I don't have a connection for it so i can't call, text any such thing.) which my dad bought me and a crappy guitar ($130).  I have no huge freaking screen tvs, no ps3, no xbox not even a good computer but a 3 yr old laptop (which sucks), no huge sound system.  Not even a proper BED i sleep on a mattress on the floor.  I have 2 psps one of which which i bought.  I get the best grades ever, all 90% +.... work at a restaurant and dump all the money i earn in my bank (haven't even spent a single $ out of that), fix ppls computers, unlock/jailbreak ipods and iphones and all that kinda stuff(i do most of that for free).... and still ppl think i'm spoiled...
ps: i have never ever had a birthday party either(just once when i was like 5)
 ppl are just *very bad word* ... everyone who lives a happy life seems spoiled to them...

Wow Bhawan , it seems like i'm looking at a mirror !!! I live the exact same life. I have an N82 instead of the N95 though....  I have a 6 year old computer , no laptop , 1 psp which my dad has taken away... :(
My dad didnt get me a connection for my phone and he doesnt know that i have a connection. I pay for it from all the money i can scrounge... i dont even get an allowance.....
  you look like a carrot.

Offline Kilokk

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2009, 12:48:16 PM »
lol The only time I don't mind when my parents get something for me is christmas.  I would say my birthday also but since it is so close to christmas I don't really like getting anything big (as long as I get some kind of cake XD)  That isn't to say that I don't accept it, but it makes me feel weird, you know?  Though I guess my mom feels weird when I add money to her rent account (a desk drawer lol) my parents don't know I do this, but they know they have more money in there than they should ^_^

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2009, 02:01:32 PM »
@killok - thats a really nice thing you do ....
  you look like a carrot.

Offline Roldy

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2009, 02:10:21 PM »
hahaha he wants a car and cant even pass a simple grade (lmao @ his 4th try)  sorry for being mean but i just think he is jealous of you and you should rub it in his face everytime u get paid

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2009, 02:43:45 PM »
and @ justin.. I love the fact that you can admit that your are spoiled..that is great.... enjoy it for a few more years... I have to keep in my mind most of your ages (no offence intended)  but realize these are advantages to being young, just remeber, those times will pass.

Yeah being an adult might seem cool, but being a kid is something you should enjoy while it lasts... And hey, it's better to be spoiled and realize it, than to be spoiled and not realize it, right? =D Like whenever I tell my mom I wish I could get a job, she always says "you're just a kid... enjoy it while it lasts. You can work for years and years after you get out of university, but you won't be a kid forever."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 02:45:37 PM by bustinthejustin »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2009, 02:48:54 PM »
justin, you are absolutly correct. you are a good kid dude I like the way you think.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 02:50:38 PM »
Lol thanks :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal