Author Topic: pic axe  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
pic axe
« on: March 11, 2009, 08:55:26 AM »
anyone have any experiance with the picaxe controller? I saw this over on x-s and I think this will be my next project. this seems very simialr to the spitfire, but its force programable inside the controller using a sterio jack. here is the shcematic they are showing

any thoughts??

Offline Ghost In Black

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: pic axe
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 12:04:30 PM »
I was also really interested in this. Unfortunatly I don't know too much about programming but you can always learn! What code are you planning on using? One more thing: what's force programming and what's a stereo jack?
P.S. I know killer skittle posted another schematic that's a little different.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 12:43:21 PM »
a stereo jack is like a headphone jack.. this is very similar to spitfire, but spitfire uses an external chip. with picaxe, you can reprogram the chip inside the controller. the only difference is the stereo jack was added on his schematic.  the one I posted you use cable 1&2 to the stereo jack.

I will do a tut as I go along. I think I have most of the info I need. will deal with coding later, no big deal. Just want to be clear this is not my idea nor my schematic. but i am going to do the work. I must order all the parts today. I dont like that site, and skittles slightly immature. so I brought the idea here. its not his idea or drawing either though.

Offline Ghost In Black

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 03:49:59 PM »

Offline iwantaspitfire

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 07:15:13 PM »
hey could either one of u guys make one of these for me?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 07:21:49 PM »
Probably not, and don't bump old/dead topics. It's against the rules.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 04:36:10 AM »
I hit a dead end and moved on rather quickly from this project. the only one I can find that did this is a young kid and I could not get much info out of him. I  could not find a place I trust to order the picaxe 14 chip from either.

try the viking mod, its hot right now, and will have very similar functions, however, the down fall is you must wait for the owner to write new code, and cannot change things on the fly yourself as you could wityh this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal