Author Topic: PSP 1000 help  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Nausicaa

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Abu Ja'far
PSP 1000 help
« on: July 06, 2009, 10:03:18 AM »
Hello, I am new to modding PSPs, I have acquired a broken one, an would like some help. The problems:
The D-pad as you all know sucks. So I planned to do this: http://ufighterx.com/guides/videogame/pspdpadfix/pspdpadfix.htm
Is there a better way you know of? Please say so if you have any comments!
The start button is gone. The home buttons underneath are still working, but I would like the button or something similar. Anything you know of to use? (The button broke off, but the input is still there. So I would like to know of a good physical device to wedge in there so I don't need a pencil every time I press start).
The long connector (right) under the screen has come off. I do not know how to put it back on. Is it necessary?
The analog doesn't work because I no longer have the silicon rectangle. I heard about 30 gauge wire, but I was hoping to cheap out and use the cable inside a cat5. Is it safe, or would nothing bad happen? My original topic https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=31035.0
Also thinking about installing a second nub, as I am putting in cables, I was thinking, why not just solder the pads from the left to the right, and back to the left side one? It would just be the same as the one on the left, no reason it shouldn't work right?
The wifi switch seems broken. Its loose, do I just buy a new one?
I was also thinking about putting in an SDHC slot in the place of the MS-Pro. What do I need for that, can I buy an OEM part or should I buy a broken player?
And since LEDs make PSPs go faster, I was thinking about purchasing some of those too. What is a good site, mouser charges ridiculous amounts!
Thanks!
If Abu dies without regenerating while participating in an attack or defense, all creatures Abu is blocking or being blocked by are also killed and may not regenerate.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: PSP 1000 help
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 08:29:06 PM »
whooa a lot of questions there in a big block of wording. Haha okay let's go top - bottom.

1. The dpad idea sounds cool. Never heard of anyone else doing that so I don't think there's a better way already done.

2. You can buy a new homebar that replaces all your homebar buttons. What color is it? I'll find you a link.

3. What long connector?

4. Cat5 wire could work, but I don't know how thick it is. 30 gauge wire is ideal.

5. Why would you want a right nub connected to your left nub? You'd have two nubs with the exact same functionality controlling the exact same thing. It'd probaby screw it up if you used both at the same time anyway.

6. What do you mean "loose"? If you take out your motherboard, and push the actual wifi switch with your hands, and not the plastic thing in the trim, does it feel loose? If not, then yeah buy a new wifi switch.

7. You could probably buy an OEM part but idk where. a broken player would work fine if you can desolder. You will need an SD-ms pro duo adapter (or the other way around... Whichever one converts an SD card to work with ms pro duos.), some wire, the sd card slot, some patience, and something to cut out a slot so you can actually use the sd card slot.

8. Finally, good places for leds: ebay.com phenoptix.co.uk unique-leds.com

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Nausicaa

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Abu Ja'far
Re: PSP 1000 help
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 10:47:49 PM »
Sorry about the tl;dr.
2. I don't care about the homebar color, as long as its cheap. I tried to look on DX but their search is terrible.
3. The one one the right. Its a little black hinge thing, and it came off.
4. Okay, I'll try it. Should I hook the pad to both of them or hook it to one, and have the other hook up to the next one?
5. REMAPSP would allow me to turn it into pretty much anything I wanted, and I don't think I would ever use both of them at the same time.
This raises a few other questions...
5a. How exactly does the Razor X work? It looks like a basic board to me, and theres no electronics like caps or resistors attached to it. How does it convert digital to analog?
5b. If I were to use a switch to allow it to switch from one to another, (ie analog 1 and the right side buttons) I would need one that allowed switching of all four connectors, correct?
6. Just the plastic. I think the internal switch might have broken off.
7. An adapter?
Thanks!
If Abu dies without regenerating while participating in an attack or defense, all creatures Abu is blocking or being blocked by are also killed and may not regenerate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal