Author Topic: Did I screw my controller up doing the a parid fire mod?  (Read 3921 times)

Offline Antioch216

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Did I screw my controller up doing the a parid fire mod?
« on: July 25, 2009, 11:23:25 PM »
So I'm doing the home made push button mod (first mod I've ever done). Got my button all wired up and good to go, and have a D21 controller. So I soldered it to the middle RT pin, and the place where this website says for D21 (http://www.hackingfever.com/x360rfmod.html)

So The solder never stuck to the circuit board and I think I may have burned the socket too much :/ So, where else can I ground the wire?

Also, if it's working correctly, should the first player light be on? Before I soldered things down, I went to test if the connection worked. It seemed like it only worked when the first player L.E.D. came on...but my friend who did this, his L.E.D. never came on (he had a D1 if that matters)

Need help guys, I dont want to have to scrap this project :/

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: Did I screw my controller up doing the a parid fire mod?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 06:25:57 AM »
The light should still work, if his didnt he messed up the led.

What you could do its get a sharp knife or xacto knife and CAREFULLY, scratch the protective green off the trace and solder the wire to the copper.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 07:52:55 AM »
forget the hole they are showing you ned to solder to the led just above the whole they are showing the left side of the led..or solder to the red wire of the rumble pack..

as for the led, it should work as normal if it donet you may haveburnt it out. the controller will still work, but you wont know its on

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 07:54:33 AM »
Don't go to that site. It looks to me like it's the no chip rapidfire...which WE came up with, but I'm not sure.
Either way, that tutorial is absolute crap.
If it's what I think it is, it's using the PWM on the led to drive the rapidfire. In which case, yes the LED must be on.

Don't use that method, though, it never works properly. I suggest buying a chip from our own Ghost In Black or Ack Like You Know.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 07:56:29 AM by PspKicks316 »

Offline Antioch216

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 11:51:54 AM »
alright, I tried soldering to the L.E.D. and it still hasnt worked. I took some pictures of my controller for reference

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/yy206/antioch93/
(here you can see some of the damage I did to that point I was talking about. Sorry for the quality if its bad)

I read something about using R21 as a grounding point. Is that a possible point that would work?

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 12:21:52 PM »
It looks like that orange wire is touching another pin... resolder that.

And does the controller even turn on?

Also you kinda made a bad choice with that kids tut. He calls every component a resistor and he wrapped the wire on the button. He didnt even solder it.....
He says you can solder a hole in the plastic. He calls the motherboard a chip. He doesnt know what hes talking about really. He's just copying tuts. And finally he didnt even give AM the credit for the mod. I loled.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 12:27:51 PM by Jumbo »

Offline Antioch216

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 12:43:57 PM »
hahaha, yeah, I really wish I had found this place sooner :/ This is an awesome website :D

Alright, Ill resolder that and make sure all the other connections arent touching anything else. And yes, the controller does turn on, just the 1st player L.E.D. doesnt, turn on. So it looks like the controller isnt actually on, but it is

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 01:00:09 PM »
th led is burnt no discharge. fix the led or use the rumble wire. use the red one.

Offline Antioch216

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 01:26:37 PM »
So I re-soldered the orange wire like suggested, and now the L.E.D. BARELY turns on when the momentary button is pushed. Then, The further I pull the trigger, the brighter the L.E.D. gets. (idk if that means anything)

also, I was in a private match in CoD4 just seeing if it was working, and it seemed like it would do rapid fire, though only for a couple bullets or something, like 10 from the G3 at the most. SO it does, work, just not all the time...

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 01:55:36 PM »
its not a very good rapidfire. The best way is to get a PIC from one of our members. Ack Like You Know, has a great kit and its cheap too. Id say hit him up for a undetectable rapidfire that works in COD5, COD4, Gears, And almost any other game.

This method only works with a certain amount of battery and it doesnt work with a recharge one.

Offline edgar862

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 06:05:43 AM »
i have a rapid fire from viking360, and its nice. try that one.
www.viking360.com

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 07:32:50 AM »
I can vouch for Ack Like You Know, I have one of his 360 chips.
Our own global moderator gameroms has a viking360 chip also, so they're definitely another reliable site to buy from.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 07:44:33 AM by PspKicks316 »

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 08:05:05 AM »
i have a rapid fire from viking360, and its nice. try that one.
www.viking360.com

I have one and love it....

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 10:15:42 AM »
the viking is a creidtable site I have one. very fast shipping, but if you had this much trouble with the two wire mod, you will not want the viking. it is a 15 wire mod with lots of via solder points. (the little holes as you described) I just got act like you knows chip in last night, this would be more up your ally. (5 wire, no vias. $15)

go to the top of the main forum, third board down is or official acidmod reviews.

back on topic, the led is not completly conected, drop some solder on both sides of it. its drawing power from the trigger thats why it gets brighter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal