Author Topic: PSP lcd problems  (Read 1414 times)

Offline FlashArts

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PSP lcd problems
« on: July 24, 2009, 02:56:36 PM »
I recently tried to attempt the led sound reactive trigger mod and everything was gong fine until my psp slid of my bed, i caught it in time before it cud fall, however, the lcd was still connected at the time. long story short, my lcd is whitish, for example a picture is there but is hard to see, almost black and white, i tried a second lcd and  i got the same thing, second while trying to position the lcd and flex cable to get the screen working correctly, i broke the black clip for the lcd display... i tried different thing, ductape, ect to keep it in place and working, however no luck, so my question is how to i fix this?

ps. ( different positions did fix the screen however i kant get it to stay permanent, if i turn it off, then back on, it reverts to square one)

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PSP lcd problems
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 04:06:04 PM »
well you can cut up a index card and slip it between the ribbon and pins and when you put the screen back in try to keep the ribbon straight i had the same problems before.

Offline FlashArts

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 07:54:15 PM »
I read that in another form, but i cant seem to get it inbetween the pins and the ribbon cable. is it suppose to go on top between the pins and the cable ( the card is visible) or beneth the cable and the pin (the card in unseen), idk if u understand what i mean.

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 08:15:20 PM »
the second way

Offline FlashArts

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 08:51:57 PM »
i just tried it. first i tried puting the notecard in first then plugd the cable on top of it, i got only a black screen, is that the right way how to do it ( forgive my noobiness, im nt retarted, i just have bad luck with psp's)

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 12:33:20 AM »
yea that sounds correct make sure ur back light is properly connected too.

Offline FlashArts

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 09:35:28 PM »
ugh, the backlight works but still no picture if i use notecard

Post Merge: July 25, 2009, 09:45:32 PM
i need a tut or something, i wanted to start modding my psp, but it makes no sense if i cant see nething. i went 3 years without i psp after i briked my first one and now this

Post Merge: July 25, 2009, 10:21:29 PM
after trying and trying, my connectors are officially :censored:ed up, twisted, broken, ect
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 10:21:29 PM by FlashArts »

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 02:41:55 PM »
oh ok i can make a quick little tutorial with pictures for you but if your connecters are really that bad then i wont you can get a a psp for like 30 bucks off ebay but you need to change out the screen.

Offline FlashArts

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 06:45:56 PM »
yea its that bad now, i got a friend with a broken psp, im see if i can get that from him and if not i can buy a replacement connector and find someone who can solder it for me

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal