Author Topic: first pc build help  (Read 1418 times)

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
first pc build help
« on: August 01, 2009, 02:22:07 PM »
ok so in the 5 weeks left of summer i'm gonna try and get the money together to build my first gaming machine. i need some serious help picking parts out though. i want a quad core for sure, and a mobo with decent ocing potential. i'm fine with using onboard video and audio at first, cuz i'm really not made of money. but i want to be able to play cod4/ WaW and fallout for sure, eventually i want to be able to play Crysis. i really don't need more then a 500gig hdd. need suggestions for ammount and type of ram, power supply with room to upgrade, and case. i was thinking antec twelve hundred and a core 2 quad. and remember, i'm 14 and jobless so this can't be too amazingly expensive, with the exception of the graphics card cuz i want crazy good quality once i upgrade from onboard. i'm pretty new to pc stuff but i think i know the basics, thanks for the help

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
Re: first pc build help
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 03:11:47 PM »
What your range of how much your willing to spend.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »
under $1000. if theres something pricey that i can live without and upgrade into later i'm fine with spending more after that, but the most i can make in 5 weeks is $1000

Offline loganbyers07

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 05:46:57 PM »
Okay, well the first thing that comes to mind for me is the 790gx series mobo. It is an amd chipset but is very affordable and it has really good onboard video. I would get one of those boards (I have a foxconn one) and maybee like a phenon II 940 processor.

Thanks for the sig dhuvrock2000

The best way to get cool gaming stuff for free!

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 07:08:06 PM »
Well in that you can but ur stuff separately or you can check this out.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4948134&CatId=332

Thats a really good deal it may come with a ASUS motherboard but i heard some good stuff about them. But other then that comes with a nice graphics card 200 dollars worth 750gb hard drive. Processor AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition with CPU speed of 3.20GHz. 4gbs of RAM. Thats one heck of a deal for under 900 bucks. Your choice.

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 07:16:05 PM »
i could but i really wanna be able to say i built my own. not quite as impressive if you say "hey, check out this beast pc some guy built for me". looks nice though. and im looking at those mobos on newegg now loganbyers07. my grandparents said they would buy me a case as an early birthday present. looking for good air flow, tons of room, and good style for under $200

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 07:25:20 PM »
You do build that it all comes in a bundle read on it. It says "Are you ready to build a dangerously powerful quad core computer?".

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 07:49:48 PM »
by building it i really meant picking out the parts, finding and buying them, and then actually building it. i could have done a barebones kit too, but whats the fun in that. i'll consider it though. anyways, anyone have monitor suggestions? or suggestions on anything else for that matter?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal