Author Topic: (56k)[2x 360s][PhenomenalDesigns] Twins (UPDATE 22/7/09)  (Read 2246 times)

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
(56k)[2x 360s][PhenomenalDesigns] Twins (UPDATE 22/7/09)
« on: August 14, 2009, 09:35:50 AM »
I did not 'cheat' by starting early, i did a ROL as a mod, and took a photo of it, you can see the stock white plate on the ROL then the next picture was it removed with my new leds in, I didn't take pictures in between, so i took another photo of another one to make it easier to get what i did.

Got 2 360's, gonna mod them both to be near identical, not directly identical though, then sell one of them. Then use the other one for myself. I will also try a little experiment, im 90% it has never been done before, however im not entirely sure.

Each 360 I bought broken for about £20 delivered. I fixed them both and flashed both DVD drives successfully, now to mod it, sell one for profit (To get some more stuff like 120GB HDD lol) and keep the other one for playing.

Well, here we go!

I am adding a the same clear window onto both, just waiting on my drill bits to arrive (All mine are now broken or lost) and my plexiglass to arrive. The core is the one I will be selling. It has a badly damaged case and it has a damaged thermistor, where it thinks it is constantly hot (Not too hot for RROD) but for the fans to be on fall blast constantly. The other one is almost perfect.

Both these 360's have x clamp, i fixed them both, ressurected them from the dead, this shouldn't count as modding though

« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 01:56:44 AM by PhenomenalDesigns »

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 04:22:02 PM »

My fake dremel lol, hand wired to a PSU (Hated it being wireless, like 2 min full blast)

You can see I urgently need some wet and dry, my current sandpaper is too coarse and will badly scratch it (Also its not waterproof)

After sanding quickly with a dremel, its now not sharp, but nowhere near smooth, I did it mainly to get rid of those big blobs of sharp plastic

Update: Now waiting for plexi, picking it up tommorow (21/7/09), drill bit has arrived and I have used it to cut window hole. Also waiting for some fibreglass, wax, 800G, 1500G and 2000G sandpaper, 2 controllers and a power brick. NEED CASH! lol
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 01:56:53 AM by PhenomenalDesigns »

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 01:52:45 AM »
Turns out it wasn't the plexiglass... The plexi should be coming anytime soon, so should the sandpaper, hopefully all today, heres what I did yesterday because I was so bored and felt I had to do something for the mod off

I taped all the screws because they kept badly scratching my desk (Like, really badly)

Now im going to create some lightbars out of scrap plastic from the 360 hull, the part i cut off for the window will do fine

Now you can tell that the peice of plastic isn't huge, its actually quite small, and also the shape im cutting out for the lightbars

I made  HUGE mistake, oh man im retarded, i accidently put the leds in series (5 LEDS), with a total of 470 in resistance, obviously they ain't going to light up, so I had to quickly remove the resistors, one of the leds and cut off the excess board. Suprisingly that was quite easy even with all the hot glue (Hot glue diffuses leds)

Just waiting for my plexi and sandpaper to arrive, then I have to order a controller, maybe a powerpack. Com'on royal mail, thought you were better than this! I need to paint the shells and have an actual window instead of a huge hole

UPDATE: BOTH 360s RANDOMLY GOT RED RING WHILE I WAS AWAY, that sucks
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 01:57:05 AM by PhenomenalDesigns »

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal