Author Topic: Logitech playlink Review  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Logitech playlink Review
« on: August 14, 2009, 04:10:23 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Play-Link/dp/B0006FQ50I
The product: Logitech Playlink
The price: $30-50 online
The final review: 4 stars

Description:
The Logitech Playlink is a niffity little device which allows you to connect one wired network device wirelessly to the internet from up to a 100 meters away.  It can also be used in conjunction with a router to attach more then one device.

Review:
I actually got this at a yard sale for $4 so didn't have to pay the full price that it usually retails for online.  This device is about 2-3 years old now but it still works perfectly for it's purpose.  I use this for my xbox 360 and it works really great with one exception (as told later in the review). 

My Xbox 360 with the Playlink adapter hooked up

You can't see it very well but the light is on and it is working

Playlink Box #2 hooked up to my router 

Here's how it works, you hook up Playlink box #1 to whatever network device you want connected to the internet (in my case it's my Xbox 360 but you can do it for an older computer or anything else) then you plug in box #2 to your router, power them both on and your set.  No programing, No second computer, nothing else needed it's as easy as that.  You do need an extra outlet for each box however.

Performance wise it works great.  I have had it on for nearly a whole week without any heat issues or breakups.  It connects my xbox 360 to the internet and I play online matches with others without lag at all.   It works great that's all there is to it but with one exception.  It takes FOREVER to download large files but other then that it works perfect.  It takes about an half and hour to download a 400mb file.

Pros and Cons
+ No programming needed to get going, plug and play
+ Works great, no heat issues
+ Can be used with a router to support multiple devices

- Must have extra outlet
- Large files take a long time to download
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 12:53:52 AM by Tri-edge »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal