Author Topic: Rockbox tutorial: Created by, Ultimate_Binary  (Read 3960 times)

Offline Ultimate_Binary

• BANNED
  • ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Rockbox tutorial: Created by, Ultimate_Binary
« on: August 21, 2009, 05:55:38 PM »
Rockbox tutorial:

installing rockbox on your MP3 player simple as cake really with the new installer added a link so you can instant upload the new installer does everything for you it installs the bootloader, themes, games, voice files, etc....

Link: http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/RockboxUtility

How to Add Game boy and Game Boy color games to MP3 using rockbox:

Plug your mp3 player into usb go to your directory folder where you can see it as a drive from my computer open the drive letter for your Mp3 player it will be pretty much empty besides a few folders you will see the .rockbox folder okay so in the root of the player make a new folder and name it gbc roms put all your GB & GBC roms in that folder...

to access and play games goto file in rockbox and open GBC roms folder then choose from the list and hit select on your MP3 player and Blam it will boot your game with the provided emulator you don't need to download anything rockbox has everything besides the roms!!!

How to setup Video Files:

On root of your mP3 player make a new folder name it VIDEOS and put your converted files into this folder...

What program to use for converting I use winff for my ipod nano 1st gen only one step to get it to convert properly is gotto rockbox.org goto extras scroll down to FM presets download that file there should be a file in there that has FM_presets rename it to presets its an xml document can't miss it copy and paste to winff reboot then Blam when you open WinFF it will have a slide down box where you can apply rockbox settings...

make Custom themes from ones already made:

I downloaded a few such as bliss,green,unbuntu,etc. anyways the way i figured to customized these themes was gotto the backdrop folder in .rockbox and edit each picture with paint if you have windows and open a new paint up get the pic you want to use in the background and edit it so its the same size as the backdrop then copy paste & save Blam custom Themes.....  :tup:

This is all I got for now if you need any help with rockbox just PM me i got that :censored: down pat...

Thanks for reading and enjoy!!!!
Ultimate_Binary

Post Merge: August 23, 2009, 11:32:10 AM
Has this guide helped anyone?? :tup:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 11:32:10 AM by Ultimate_Binary »

Ultimate_binary_hacker  Ultra matic hacks cracks and mods respect the:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal