Author Topic: Patch is now live on Call of Duty 4 to fix rapid fire mods  (Read 15425 times)

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Re: Patch is now live on Call of Duty 4 to fix rapid fire mods
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 08:31:51 AM »
so I have tried out my code at all different speeds, and with my code i agree with mike that about 6 SPS is as fast as you can shoot and get consistant fire rate.  10 SPS still works, just it is choppy which is not an issue if you dont use the "spray and pray" method.  My code has a 50% duty cycle, I am going to play with using a constant fire pulse and vary the release pulse lengths as that may give the more favorable results that Ack and Hazer are getting as I suspect that is how they have it coded.

Normally i dont use rapidfire at all when I game... I test it when i write it and that is about it.  When it comes to single shot weapons I have a faster then average trigger finger and I definately noticed the new limits when i use the G3. When firing fast it sputters just like with RF but not as severe.  It is noticable, and I think basically it just makes the single shot weapons a little more difficult to fill up all your challenges (which the were harder then the autos before).  I dont see it having as severe of an effect on game play as I suspected, most everyone wont even notice and those that do, will adjust as it is no different then going back to Halo.  The weapons really do act more realistic as i dont think there are too many machine guns hitting 20SPS in real life, not to mention semi-auto rifles.

Rapid fire may never have made it to point it did if Infinity ward had put more effort into their weapon simulation in the first place.  However its hard to blame someone for focusing their efforts the gameplay of concievably the most popular FPS of all time, rather then being a stickler for realism.  I might even compare COD4 to like Burnout which is very fun to play but not all that realistic... had COD4 been produced how say GranTurismo was made, the gameplay would have suffered as it does on GT for the average gamer.  Lets hope IW can still walk the line of fun and not realistic, if they start putting gun jams and overheated barrels into the game we are all in trouble. :laughing:

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2009, 09:03:56 AM »
Lol at gun jams. I mean i like they are making it more real, but theres a certain level that separates a good realistic game from a game so realistic it sucks to play.

Offline Bullet Pulse

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2009, 01:05:33 PM »
I can vouch for him. I have the same chip as him. It's fast and works fine.
I asked for a video, not your agreement.
I want to see, rather than hear from someone how fast it is.

Vouch Fail

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2009, 01:52:30 PM »
I asked for a video, not your agreement.
I want to see, rather than hear from someone how fast it is.

Vouch Fail
MOV00394

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 03:33:01 PM by 802Chives »

Offline xbl2000

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2009, 03:29:32 PM »
its not that clear.  M14 and a silence pistol doesn't help.  Would be great to see a G4 and standard M9

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2009, 03:40:20 PM »
its M21. Ill take another BRB.

I dont have G3 and cant get into brothers account. Im only 19 in COD4 because of new account.
m21 and reglular m9

MOV00395

Speed is 8.33 SPS on 4 round burst
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 03:51:59 PM by Jumbo »

Offline milko002

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • One day is yours . The rest of the week is mine
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2009, 06:36:39 PM »
Ok - I had to update COD 4 earlier today, but I haven't got any controllers with mods :/ so I cant tell if any patch is active, i seem to be able to fire quite quick with my pistol, but thats about it.

My rapid fire controllers work but al lot slower.
You Kug-FU Strong but mine Kug-FU stronger

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2009, 08:28:53 AM »
So they finally coded the game correctly, as they should have done in the first place.

I can only speculate that this is a test run for the upcoming MW game. I am surprised they didnt push it on WAW yet.

Still, In my opinion, they screwed the pooch again. There should be a maximum cap on each weapon, but not what they decided to do on COD4 here. It should have been faster, but this is what they should have done more importantly: That faster hte single shot weapon is fired, the more 'random recoil kick' effecct would come into play. I am not a big fan of this series. To me, it doesnt come close to the fun I had playing counter-strike (actually, I have no fun playing FPS on a console period, they were meant to be played with a mouse). In counter-strike, I could take the duallies and assign the fire button to the scroll wheel and dump all 30 rounds of those pistols in 2 seconds. But the game had recoil programmed in so that after the first 3 bullets, your 'target reticle' would begin moving wildly, just like what would happen to a normal person if they tried to pull the trigger too fast. You cannot possibly aim, so the code 'moved' your hand away from where you were aiming at. They should have done this for a patch instead.

Anyways, I cannot help but notice that the entire rapidfire world has mostly revolved around these 2 (and as of yet third) games. A whole driving market was due solely on the WAW patch. Without the driving need for RF on these games, I dont see people spending that much money on these things anymore. I imagine that the cheap <$10 chips and open-source solutions will be what will dominate the market from now on.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline corby7

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2009, 08:56:08 AM »
They finally coded the game right? Who are they to dictate how fast a persons ability to shoot. An FYI, the G3 is full auto in the campaign !!

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2009, 09:49:50 AM »
Nobody can pull a trigger faster than 5 times a second. And I am not talking about a controller trigger. Stock option on most firearms are speced to have a certain amount of ft-lb pull. This is to keep the wepaon from 'double-shotting' and help increase control.

Even the most trained professional will keep his rate of fire to a certain maximum (like 2-3 shots per second) in order to keep control of the weapon.

And before the response of "Too realistic ruins the fun" arguement is mentioned again, why are you not selecting the full auto weapons in the first place? They have more rounds. Or do you just preffer the fact that RF makes what is considered a useless rifle into a non-recoil death-stick?
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2009, 09:57:41 AM »
Are you gunna stop making your chips then Hazer?

Offline xbl2000

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2009, 10:36:03 AM »
here's a speed test for different rates.   The game is not as fun now  :sadno:

COD4 Rapid Fire speed test (post 3-Sep-09 patch)

Offline OxEpicOwnagexO

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2009, 06:23:00 PM »
so wtf.... i dont really play cod4 hardly at all but doesnt mean cod5 isnt next, hopefully treyarch and activision aren't discussing things....

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2009, 07:25:11 PM »
Nobody can pull a trigger faster than 5 times a second. And I am not talking about a controller trigger. Stock option on most firearms are speced to have a certain amount of ft-lb pull. This is to keep the wepaon from 'double-shotting' and help increase control.

Even the most trained professional will keep his rate of fire to a certain maximum (like 2-3 shots per second) in order to keep control of the weapon.

And before the response of "Too realistic ruins the fun" arguement is mentioned again, why are you not selecting the full auto weapons in the first place? They have more rounds. Or do you just preffer the fact that RF makes what is considered a useless rifle into a non-recoil death-stick?
ok first off, as being an owner of A LOT of guns this information is false. I go gun ranges almost every weekend, there are quite a few people that can fire at VERY fast rates and still be accurate! With a little practice its not that hard. As for triggers with trigger pull and trigger drag, ever heard of adjustable triggers, or aftermarket springs and hammers? You can set trigger pulls differently fairly easily as I have done to a Glock Model 40. Ever heard of bump firing? You can shoot semi automatic weapons from the hip at VERY high rates of fire just by using the weapon recoil to bump the trigger with your finger. And lastly, last I knew the COD series was a Competitive FPS video game, not a Real Life Warfare/Weapon Simulator used to train soldiers.....
VID:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7DpCellB_UQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7DpCellB_UQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QMoIocLvPSA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QMoIocLvPSA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline OxEpicOwnagexO

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2009, 07:39:42 PM »
^^^ DAYUM! that old sucker is fast lmao

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2009, 04:27:49 AM »
Ahem:

Stock option on most firearms

Any weapon can be fully automatic with aftermarket parts. What has that got to do with anything?

And lastly, last I knew the COD series was a Competitive FPS video game, not a Real Life Warfare/Weapon Simulator used to train soldiers.....

Actually, I thought it was a game to pretend your part of a military outfit, performing military operations, with military issue equipment. I also know for a fact that the military does not allow custom hardware since everyone gets trained on standard issue and if someone were to become a casualty thier weapon needs to be the same for everyone in case a teamate needs to use it (and they dont have to worry about how it got customized).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 07:09:27 AM by Hazer »

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2009, 09:33:02 AM »
Ahem:

Any weapon can be fully automatic with aftermarket parts. What has that got to do with anything?

Actually, I thought it was a game to pretend your part of a military outfit, performing military operations, with military issue equipment. I also know for a fact that the military does not allow custom hardware since everyone gets trained on standard issue and if someone were to become a casualty thier weapon needs to be the same for everyone in case a teamate needs to use it (and they dont have to worry about how it got customized).
In the military you can tinker with your firearms to a certain extent, but you can bump fire on a standard trigger with nothing done to it. There are more talented people with firearms then you may think....

And no, that would just be lame if you really pretended that you're in a official military situation  :rofl:

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2009, 10:30:26 AM »
OK.

Your right.

I'm wrong.

You win.

Offline OxEpicOwnagexO

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2009, 11:01:53 AM »
 :drunk:

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2009, 12:24:58 PM »
OK.

Your right.

I'm wrong.

You win.

Thank You! I'll drink to that!  :drunk:

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2009, 12:54:38 PM »
This thread turned from being informative to being downright pathetic.

Offline KB24

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2009, 03:44:29 PM »
Here is some info.
8 sps 2.4
27 sps 2.6
25 sps 2.3
26 sps 2.6
28 sps 2.7
30 sps 2.5

I did some test and this is what I have come up with the first numbers would be sps and the 2.whatever is the seconds the clip was emptied. 20 rounds of the G3.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal