Author Topic: dont know whats wrong!!!  (Read 1025 times)

Offline dice888

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
dont know whats wrong!!!
« on: September 15, 2009, 04:49:59 PM »
well I just got a broken elite for $50. the only reason I really made this deal is because he included the 120gig hdd which i thought it was an awesome deal but I also want to fix the xbox. now the problem with it is every time I try to eject the drive it blinks once and never ejects. my suspicions points to a bad flash by some amateur. is this symptom of bad flash and if it is what can u do to fix this bad flash if I dont have the original key. please help. I will consider every option cause if nothing works it will go straight to the garbage

Offline scott

• U.S. Army
  • Registered BST
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: dont know whats wrong!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 05:05:50 PM »
Even if its a bad flash, you can still extract the key from the flash thats on there.

Did you try out of the case? It might be stuck on the case.

Offline dice888

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 05:10:59 PM »
Im happy u asked cause I tried to take the dvd dive motherboard and switch it with a working drive I have and still the same problem.

ps. both drive are the same so Im not that stupid

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 05:31:09 PM »
Possible short/Crushed in eject switch?

Offline injungleist

• Club AM VIP
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • mod your face off.
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 06:38:39 PM »
i fixed a box like that, i took apart the drive and cleaned the gears and the bar that goes across the front to make the laser go up and down. then when opening it dont put the xbox vertical.
also try when pushing the button push the front of the drawer toward the button.
thx gamerdude767
trades w/ blazinkaos
purchases from sniper (fast shipping)

Offline dice888

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 09:06:01 PM »
the mystery is that I switched it with another hitachi driveand does the same thing and the supposed broken one works great on another xbox. again I doubt its mechanical problems and I think its firmware problemm but I dont want to be poking at the wrong problem just to end up messing up cause thats not the problem. the symptoms are... when I try to eject it only blinks one time instead of continues blinks. it says reading but never reads anything. when I manually open it it blinks continous everytime. if anyone has anymore suggestions please help. Im going to try cleaning either way.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 06:19:30 AM »
sounds like a bad motor? so you reflashed this when you swapped it brom xbox to xbox? because your cant just swap them out, I assume the opening function may work, but it wont play the disk, without being flashed to match the new console.

strange??

lets be clear,

1) drive wont OPEN when you press eject

2) you put in a new drive (did you flash the new drive to match your xbox?) and it wont open either.

3) you put the origional drive in a new xbox and it opens the trey??

4) what is this about manually opening? never heard that term used in this context.

there is a sesor that tells the drive to close when pressure is applied to the trey, if you have a working xbox, place something in front of the trey and open it. when the trey opens and hits this obstruction it should close and start reading, this is the same action as closing the trey by hand and not pressing the button. I have never heard of this issue, but if it was me I would start there, seems like the drive is picking up some kind of restriction and it thinks you are pushing it closed. therfore reading the disk, but your drive key dont match so it cant read the disk..

I am curious to know what you mean by opening it manually

Offline dice888

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 10:11:05 AM »
simple manual eject is when u put a small screwdriver in a tiny hole in the front and the drive pops out and with your hand you can push it out and in. I did change the drives but I didnt flash it all I did was change the motherboard of the drive from one dive to the other so I dont need to go trough the flashing hassle. so the motor works on the other xbox but not on this one. and the working one from the other isnt working on the elite

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal