Author Topic: [Idea] DS Lite Batteries in PSP  (Read 2319 times)

Offline dd409

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • Lockerz Invites
[Idea] DS Lite Batteries in PSP
« on: October 24, 2009, 10:37:49 PM »
Ok, this was an idea I had earlier today.  Not sure if it would work or how well it would work, but I thought I'd throw it out there.  There is a 3.7V 1600mAh battery for the DS Lite, and two of them stacked together are about the same width as a Slim battery.

http://www.nintendo-shop.co.uk/index.php?c=acc&n=560800&i=B000VO6W5M&x=Nintendo_DS_LITE_Replacement_Battery_Double_Capacity_1600mAh

If you took two of them, you might be able to remove their cases, glue them together and solder them into parallel, and put them in the battery slot of the PSP.  I'm not sure if they could fit together inside an empty Slim battery shell, but it would be nice if they did.  This would make a 3.7V 3200mAH battery with about 2.6x the capacity of a regular Slim battery, and 1.7x that of a Phat battery (If they are soldered in series, you'd get a 7.4V 1600mAh battery--not what you'd want)

Also, two more of these batteries would fit easily into an empty UMD slot (where a CR-3100 would normally go).  With a total of four of these batteries, you'd have 6400 mAh--a little over 5.3x as much capacity as the original Slim battery, or 3.5x that of a Phat battery.  Not necessarily 5.3x/3.5x in battery life, but in capacity.  Your battery life would increase, but I'm not sure by how much.

Like I said, I haven't actually tested this, it was just an idea I had earlier today.

Offline dd409

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • Lockerz Invites
Re: [Idea] DS Lite Batteries in PSP
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 12:21:35 AM »
So does anyone know if this could be somehow put to use to make a longer-lasting PSP battery?  If it sounds like an even remotely reasonable idea to anyone else, I might give it a try.

Offline Travisweet3

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 06:50:04 PM »
yes this would work fine! I took out my umd drive and have wired an LG Chocolate cell phone battery in parallel with my psp's battery. I don't know off the top of my head, but at full screen bright and gaming at 333mhz the psp lasts a hell of a long time

Offline Vlad

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • PSP 1001 and PSP 2001 5.00 m33-6
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 01:17:59 PM »
Very interesting concept
┌∩┐(◣ _ ◢) ┌∩┐

Offline dd409

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • Lockerz Invites
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 02:28:11 PM »
If I ever get the time and a little extra money, I'll play around with this then.  Thanks guys!

Offline Flying_MashedPotatoes

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 08:46:07 PM »
It's only 0.1V more than the psp's battery so i bet you could put it in with out even needing a resistor..

psp: 3.6

DS: 3.7

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal