Author Topic: Dual analog may be more simple than we thought!!!  (Read 3356 times)

Offline fire3element

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Dual analog may be more simple than we thought!!!
« on: October 26, 2009, 09:23:37 PM »
Sorry. I know I have another topic open, but I wanted to go in a different direction in this thread.

It seems that Sony had originally planned on making the GO with dual analog from the start. But through their super uber duber R&D, scratched the 2nd nub at the last min and planted the start and select buttons there like a little weed. End Result? Sony FAIL/ unhappy customer.

Now I know that everyone here is contemplating relocating those annoying buttons, but limited space seems to be a major issue. However, I think there is a much easier way to solve our little problem.

Look at the pic in the link below:
http://img202.imageshack.us/i/dsc01286.jpg/

Do you see how much wasted SPACE that there is on either side of the screen? I'm thinking perfect place for a analog stick or TWO!!!!!!!!!!!
By adding a Nub on either side of the screen you make the PSPgo what it was meant to be.

Now you can map the D-pad to your right nub and the X O [] /\ to the left nub. Now not only do you have DUAL ANALOG, but you also can customize in-game controls to your liking. Plus you can now control the XMB while the unit is closed. (well you will have to disable the slider switch)
If any of you that own a PSPgo now have played on it for more than an hour or 2 know that the existing location of the analog is too uncomfortable for extended play and make holding the Go a chore. Hold the go in your hands with the screen slider up and place your thumbs directly under the speakers. Feels Good er GO, NO?

Let me know what you guys thinks.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:39:31 PM by fire3element »

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: Dual analog may be more simple than we thought!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 11:24:42 AM »
I still there is more then enough space where the start select buttons are to add a second nub.   it would probably be easier (and look nicer instead of two nubs) if we moved the start/select buttons to the screen. 

Offline N.W.A4LIFE

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 11:47:46 PM »
I think what triedge said would be better.
Still a good idea though!

Peace

Tk2144

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 04:59:54 PM »
yeah that would be tight to have dual analog nubs and the start and select buttons under the speakers. it kind of reminds me of my old ps2.

Offline pspwxp

• -FINAL FANTASY-
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 03:45:40 AM »
I think there is enough room there for a CHOTTO mod.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 08:24:21 PM by pspwxp »
MODS
TBC: PS3 Slim Laptop, PSP de Dualshock modde.
DONE:

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 08:48:07 AM »
The problem with that dual nub idea is that you would need to have to completely re-arrange START SELECT and add more support for the nubs... but ill see what I can do... I was hoping I could make a mod where the second nub have a switch where it can also be used as a DS3... but then I'd need the DS3 battery, the board a lot of space would need to be required... *sigh* I guess I will have to wait... but I'm gonna get 2 black PSP go's and try to make like a solder-less kit for them!
relocating start and select would not be hard, it would be as simple as drilling 2 holes and adding 2 tact switches. If I ever buy a PSP Go thats my plan

All Sigs Made by ME!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal