Author Topic: Display Issue  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
Display Issue
« on: November 16, 2009, 05:14:33 PM »
Hey guys about few days ago i started having issues with my xbox av cable its not displaying picture but sound is coming out. So i disassembled it was modded to swwitch between Computer screen and TV. I unwired all that and wired it just for the TV and it shows these dots crossing from the top left to the bottom right its very weird never seen something do that like as if the signal isnt pushing all the way through. Any suggestions.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline Travisweet3

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Display Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 05:43:35 AM »
If they're gray or dark gray gray dots aligned in a grid pattern across the screen, you may be on the verge of an e-74 heating issue with your HANA or ANA (depending on what mobo you have) scaler chip. if that chip overheats and starts pulling off the mobo, you will see dots across the screen before it e-74's on you. Try using a heatgun at 400 degrees celcius and move around the chip for 20 seconds. just google images HANA chip to find it on the mobo. if that fixes your video problems then you're xbox is having some heating issues

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 05:52:12 AM »
If they're gray or dark gray gray dots aligned in a grid pattern across the screen, you may be on the verge of an e-74 heating issue with your HANA or ANA (depending on what mobo you have) scaler chip. if that chip overheats and starts pulling off the mobo, you will see dots across the screen before it e-74's on you. Try using a heatgun at 400 degrees celcius and move around the chip for 20 seconds. just google images HANA chip to find it on the mobo. if that fixes your video problems then you're xbox is having some heating issues

i have to agree its early e74......
if it was still in warrenty i'd leave it runnning for a week lol so it gets e74 then send it to m$
but if not try adding heat sinks to the hana /ana or the heat gun trick (that didnt work for me.
also there is the over heat it and put som weight on it.....
then let it cool. i found this to worked for a while but after a few days of light use it did it again... and again and again and then went e74 and got kick across my room....
lol

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 04:48:33 PM »
Is this what your referring to cuz if it is i had a heat sink on this chip for awhile.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260378180058

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 06:51:04 PM »
yeah i imagine that'll do the job...

but the problem is fixing it before putting the heat sink on....

i dont really know im no expert....
but some form of DIY re-flow on that chip should have som effect n "fix" the problem... (if it's fixable....)
 if it is fixable and is fixed it would be best to add some cooling to that chip. and yeah that heat sink will do the trick i guess lol

i had the same problem on my first xbox... like days after the warrenty ran out....
this is when i tried the heat gun on it to no sucess but overheats it (taking the fan out) then letting it cool with some weight n the chip worked.. but it was only temperary and kept comming back quick each time.....

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 05:37:50 PM »
See whats funny is i have heatsink on that chip already for the last 7 months or so. So i was having the E74 then and didnt have it after that heatsink was placed on it. So idk i may be wiring chords up wrong for all i know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal