Author Topic: Adding a 'flash' to the DSi  (Read 2561 times)

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Adding a 'flash' to the DSi
« on: November 13, 2009, 11:54:51 AM »
I have not opened my DSi up yet but I doubt what I intend to do is doing to take up much room so I should be in the clear.

I intend to take my DSi apart and drill a third hole in the lid, across from the purple led. I am going to put a push button flash there. It'll just be a really bright white led but it'll serve it's purpose. I have not decided on where I am going to put the button, however I do have the button sitting here, it matches the start and select buttons on the DSi. I might try to get a power button instead and put the button for the flash right above the power button.

I want it to look as original as possible, and although a push button led is in no way an original mod is has nothing to do with originality nor whom did it first. I need functionality and a flash on my DSi so if I accomplish that, that is all that matters. 

-TwisT
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 11:56:52 AM by TwisTtheTwiTcH »

Offline deconstructor

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Adding a 'flash' to the DSi
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 02:52:57 AM »
I was just browsing the threads and came across your post about the dsi camera. This is probably a bit late, however if you haven't done the mod yet, I have a suggestion. Why not wire a switch or button to enable this LED to be activated when you press the A button to take a picture. That way the LED and the camera sync up, and with the added button or switch, pressing the A button only makes the flash work when you want it to. Haven't checked to see if people are already doing this, but that's my 2 cents.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal