Author Topic: Rapid Fire Question.  (Read 2702 times)

Offline jago171

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Rapid Fire Question.
« on: November 30, 2009, 02:34:57 PM »
Hi all,
Whats the best way 2 do the rapid fire mod for both ps3 and xbox 360 controllers?
Asking this because i have seen 2 tuts for the ps3 version one with a pre programed chip you have to buy in a kit and the other using a 555 timer chip and resistors. I wanted to know what's the best one because i have heard that some don't work online because of patches to the game. Asking for both consoles because my friend has an xbox 360 and wants me to do it for him. :)
Thanks

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Rapid Fire Question.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 02:57:58 PM »
the best is somthing you get from a kit...for xbox get a instafire kit, for ps3 try cheapestmodz.com..

or you can build one with a 555 timer. not as good, but works in most games

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 03:03:20 PM »
well to start  my opinion the two best chips out there viking's and intensafire. However there are others other like myself who like to make our own chips for own use. like you said there is the 555 timer. this is a little outdated and is with installing switchs. A tutorial on the 555 timer can be found here by Moddedmatt. https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=25338.0

Now there is the Pic  version.  This involves a pic chip most open codes on the site use 12f683 chips. These are much more preferable because you can set the speeds yourself if you are making  a chip yourself. You can install the Pic in the controller in several ways. You are able to cycle through modes that you set as i said earlier.  Heres a guide on this aswell. https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=29999.0

In general it is up to you on what you want to do. Buy a chip  or make it yourself

Offline jago171

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 03:22:44 PM »
Thanks for the help man
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:50:54 AM by jago171 »

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 04:02:08 PM »
steal? now thats somthing that you should not be doing just go out to the store and buy it its very cheap. if not ill be happy to  send you the parts. i have some laying around.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal