Author Topic: Got my Kindle DX  (Read 987 times)

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Got my Kindle DX
« on: December 12, 2009, 09:51:06 PM »
I got my Kindle today from Amazon. It is pretty awesome granted it was a gift and I didn't need to spend 500$ on it.

The basic web browser isn't the best out there. However I find it quite entertaining that I am able to use use on acidmods. I am actually able to get on here it's pretty cool.

-TwisT

Offline ModderDmo

• Straight Cheddar
  • Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • If you can't open it, you don't own it.
Re: Got my Kindle DX
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 10:15:59 PM »
At first I was confused at what a Kindle DX was, but then I went to Amazon and there on the front page it was. It's a cool looking gadget, but way to large for my likings. I hope you have fun with it and make a review on it, maybe you'll convince me to buy one too if it's good enough.

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 03:57:11 AM »
i want a kindle but we can only get the small one over here. also does it have pictures in the books or is it just the text

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 03:25:12 PM »
i want a kindle but we can only get the small one over here. also does it have pictures in the books or is it just the text

If the ebook you put onto the kindle has images, like the cover or any in the book it does show them in fair detail. It is still black and white and gray but it really doesn't effect anything. You can also get blogs, news papers from like any country, magazines and all sorts of books sent to you. It has it's own email address that you can email your own documents too if they are not in the right format and the kindle will convert it for you. The email is whatever your amazon email is but @kindle.com. It also plays mp3, audio books, and has a text to speech option that reads too you, and although it isnt as nice as a audio book would be it is acceptable if your driving or something.

At first I was confused at what a Kindle DX was, but then I went to Amazon and there on the front page it was. It's a cool looking gadget, but way to large for my likings. I hope you have fun with it and make a review on it, maybe you'll convince me to buy one too if it's good enough.

The kindle dx is the biggest one they have. It has a 9.X inch screen. You could also check out the regular kindle or the kindle 2. they have a smaller screen and over all size. I have mechanics fingers though and opted for the larger device.

Over all at the current price unless you read a lot I would not recommended this to you. If you have a lot of documents for work or school or anything like that and you need to be able to carry them all and have them well organized this is very good for that. I've had it for a day and I've already gotten 53 books on it... Then again I do read almost 200 books a year >.>;;;;...

So if you read a lot or must collect one of every shiny electronic device out there this is for you easily.

On a side note, I want to make a push button back light for it. For reading at night. I am afraid to open it though XD

Give me a little more time and I'll write a full review for it.

-TwisT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal