1 (16.7%)
smartparts ion xe
3 (50%)
smartparts vibe
1 (16.7%)
other. post below
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: anyone good with paintball stuff? i need help  (Read 5929 times)

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • www.MactasticMendezisawesome.com
anyone good with paintball stuff? i need help
« on: December 13, 2009, 08:44:59 AM »
ok, so i might get a paintball gun for xmas. i have two im looking at. http://www.spyder.tv/section/products/kits/emr1_military_kit.html and http://www.smartparts.com/#/ion-xe/home/ i need one that's kinda cheap and has a good resale value. if anyone else has a suggestion i would prlly play speedball (i think it is. with the bunkers) and some woods ball maybe. i would need hopers and tanks.

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline alman101

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • high as a mo fo
    • YouTube Channel
Re: anyone good with paintball stuff? i need help
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 08:52:44 AM »
Look into the Smart Parts Vibe, best sub $300 gun period. the ion xe is garbage, and spyder stuff just sucks

'09 summer mod-off winner

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 08:54:40 AM »
ya i saw that but blackburn said get the ion. i love the look of the vibe tho

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 08:57:52 AM »
the spyder is a desent  gun, I have two,that I let my friends use. you must replace the seals yearly, but no thats no big deal..now, if you can afford them, look at the tippman guns IMO they are the best.

http://www.tippmann.com/usa/product_guide/markerDetails.aspx?category=a5

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 09:05:43 AM »
i like tippmans, but they dont have duel triggers and are kind big and expancive

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 11:18:01 AM »
All of this depends on if how often you will play woods. But one thing: Don't get a Tippmann. I've owned two, everyone raves about them, but I ended up selling mine to get different guns in under a year. Bad purchase Idea. Smart parts has by far the best lineup in arena guns, like the ion or vibe. For an intermediate player, I would recommend a ion. I've used it and from what you plan on doing, It would last for quite some time and be a good gun. I play more woodsball, so I use the tactical counterpart of the ion, the SP-1 with a blackheart board (I <3 it). Guns like the Ion and Vibe aren't as durable as something like the SP-1 or SP-8, so take that in mind.

As for Spyders, They are a good beginner-intermediate gun, but frankly they need to be repaired to often and aren't always the most lasting investment. (They aren't meant to be abused even a bit)

So, to make a long story short, go with a Smart Parts. Lots of parts available, awesome customer service, a HUGE variety of guns. Pretty much the Ion is the Vibe on steroids, so a vibe would be a waste of money. It would be also a good idea to invest in a CO2 tank and an HPA tank, because HPA normally has free refills at indoor places.

Look into the Smart Parts Vibe, best sub $300 gun period. the ion xe is garbage, and spyder stuff just sucks
LOL!!!!!! Wow, you have NO idea what you're talking about. The vibe has almost the same body as the ion, and the ion has a a blackheart board, which is the best board you can get without spending $500 on a marker. And the higher end spyder gear is nice, but fitted to a different kind of user than he is.

the spyder is a desent  gun, I have two,that I let my friends use. you must replace the seals yearly, but no thats no big deal..now, if you can afford them, look at the tippman guns IMO they are the best.
Yeah, the A5 is a good, solid marker, just overpriced. It would be awesome if it was the same price as the 98 custom is now, which is overpriced also. It needs a new board IMO, and it can get really loud if you don't have a well-ported barrel.

(FYI I've been paintballing since I was 11 sooooo...)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 11:31:19 AM by alentris »

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline alman101

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • high as a mo fo
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 11:40:58 AM »
FYI the ion does not come with a blackheart board stock, and with the ion you can't use CO2, and the vibe can use either CO2 or HPA. Although I would never run CO2, he may do to cost. The Vibe also has a great clamping feedneck, the ion still has the same dumb o-ring feedneck from the 1st gen. And lastly, the vibe has the exact same regulator on the $1600 LUXE, and for a gun costing $200, it blows anything in the price range out of the water. Get your facts straight before the next time you call someone an idiot bud.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 11:42:08 AM by alman101 »

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 11:56:02 AM »
is it bad to buy a used gun? and how is the spyder electra or vs3?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 11:59:09 AM by buickgnx »

Offline alman101

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • high as a mo fo
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 11:57:54 AM »
is it bad to buy a used gun?
Its fine, just have some air and paint to test it before you pay

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 12:17:26 PM »
i rlly need to go tp a place to c if i like paintballing

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 03:28:36 PM »
FYI the ion does not come with a blackheart board stock, and with the ion you can't use CO2, and the vibe can use either CO2 or HPA. Although I would never run CO2, he may do to cost. The Vibe also has a great clamping feedneck, the ion still has the same dumb o-ring feedneck from the 1st gen. And lastly, the vibe has the exact same regulator on the $1600 LUXE, and for a gun costing $200, it blows anything in the price range out of the water. Get your facts straight before the next time you call someone an idiot bud.
looks like we have a fanboy!

Ion XE > Vibe

Beam break eyes, a true spool valve gun, not capped at 11 bps, able to be purchased with blackheart installed, runs on HPA reliably.

Trust me dude, I've played with them all.

is it bad to buy a used gun? and how is the spyder electra or vs3?
The VS3 is comprable to the ion, it's only meant to be run on HPA, it has eyes, and it works well straight out of the box. I bought my first gun used also, and it worked perfectly after a good cleaning. If you can get a good price on a used vs3, and it works well when you test it, then i would go with that. Otherwise, I would buy an Ion XE from the manufacturer.

i rlly need to go tp a place to c if i like paintballing
how would you NOT like paintballing? lol.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 03:29:35 PM by alentris »

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 04:51:52 PM »
how would you NOT like paintballing? lol.

idk might not have time or somthin. might hurt to much idk lol. my dad has told me stories, but that was when they used 1.00's or worse stuff.

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 04:54:38 PM »
idk might not have time or somthin. might hurt to much idk lol. my dad has told me stories, but that was when they used 1.00's or worse stuff.
It's really not that bad. And its worth it, because I know that I'm dealing out that much pain whenever I hit someone.

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 05:02:18 PM »
It's really not that bad. And its worth it, because I know that I'm dealing out that much pain whenever I hit someone.
or more depending on how many times u hit them. hopefully next week ill go to a place by me and see if they have a ion xe for me to feel maybe test.

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 05:24:36 PM »
or more depending on how many times u hit them. hopefully next week ill go to a place by me and see if they have a ion xe for me to feel maybe test.
places like wal-mart/target/ a regular store probably won't let you test one. If you have a pro shop near you, they will most likely let you hold it, try it out, and even give you advice on which type of gun to buy.

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 05:38:46 PM »

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 05:54:56 PM »
http://www.wackywarriors.com/stores.html thats where i would go
I'm assuming that they would do that to make a sale, considering they are a paintball specializing location.

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 06:14:39 PM »
I'm assuming that they would do that to make a sale, considering they are a paintball specializing location.
u would hope

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 07:24:38 PM »
ok, i used to play paintball professionally (speedball)
I own an ION (before the changed to the XE series) with a:
-Virtue PRO board
-Virtue Laser Eyes,
-Smart Parts Ultra-Sensitive Flatline Trigger
-Freak Short Barrel Lower with either an All American mid-length upper or Freak short upper. (Inserts really just depended on weather and paint)
-Max FLO Micro Regulator
- HALO hopper with aftermarket synthetic feeder and RED series Victory Board
-Quick Release Hopper Feed Tube System

as well as a Smart Parts SP-8 in Tan with 16" Barrel or a Custom Made Silenced Barrel and Blackheart Board(horrible board, makes me disappointed with Smart Parts on that board)

The ION is a great gun once you put a little money into it. Its very compact and light and with the virtue pro board, would out perform one of my team mates shocker... The SP-8 is great for messing around and play a little woodsball, and it is much heavier, but still keeping that balanced feel and still having the same inner performance of the ION. I wouldnt play SpeedBall or anything similar with it due to it's size and weight but overall Ive been happy with it.

Conclusion:
Are there better options out there?      For the price? Yeah there are better options, but be prepared to spend close to $1000 on a damn paintball gun for nothing but a name.
Is smart parts the best?      In my opinion they're one of the best. Maybe not top dog, but I have been VERY happy with all of my Smart Parts stuff.

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009, 05:36:20 PM »
im going to see if some peps on cregilist will trade my psp for there
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 05:39:53 PM by buickgnx »

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009, 06:18:03 PM »
ok, i used to play paintball professionally (speedball)
I own an ION (before the changed to the XE series) with a:
-Virtue PRO board
-Virtue Laser Eyes,
-Smart Parts Ultra-Sensitive Flatline Trigger
-Freak Short Barrel Lower with either an All American mid-length upper or Freak short upper. (Inserts really just depended on weather and paint)
-Max FLO Micro Regulator
- HALO hopper with aftermarket synthetic feeder and RED series Victory Board
-Quick Release Hopper Feed Tube System

as well as a Smart Parts SP-8 in Tan with 16" Barrel or a Custom Made Silenced Barrel and Blackheart Board(horrible board, makes me disappointed with Smart Parts on that board)

The ION is a great gun once you put a little money into it. Its very compact and light and with the virtue pro board, would out perform one of my team mates shocker... The SP-8 is great for messing around and play a little woodsball, and it is much heavier, but still keeping that balanced feel and still having the same inner performance of the ION. I wouldnt play SpeedBall or anything similar with it due to it's size and weight but overall Ive been happy with it.

Conclusion:
Are there better options out there?      For the price? Yeah there are better options, but be prepared to spend close to $1000 on a damn paintball gun for nothing but a name.
Is smart parts the best?      In my opinion they're one of the best. Maybe not top dog, but I have been VERY happy with all of my Smart Parts stuff.
I 100% agree. But what's so bad about the blackheart?? Definitely a step up from the stock board on the Ion/SP8, and I'm very satisfied with mine.

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 08:23:49 PM »
im going to see if some peps on cregilist will trade my psp for there
not going to happen.

Yeah the blackheart has stuttering problems when i "walk" the trigger. Because the blackheart was really made for Rebounding, but in Professional Paintball you are only allowed Semi-Automatic unless you play in a rebounding bracket. And if you get caught using rebounding, its BAD news. The virtue also as Quick Switch mode (allows you to switch modes on the fly by pressing the power button and holding the trigger in certain combinations), as well as a reset mode. Not to mention the BPS is faster on the Virtue, than the blackheart.

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 05:08:49 AM »
not going to happen.

Yeah the blackheart has stuttering problems when i "walk" the trigger. Because the blackheart was really made for Rebounding, but in Professional Paintball you are only allowed Semi-Automatic unless you play in a rebounding bracket. And if you get caught using rebounding, its BAD news. The virtue also as Quick Switch mode (allows you to switch modes on the fly by pressing the power button and holding the trigger in certain combinations), as well as a reset mode. Not to mention the BPS is faster on the Virtue, than the blackheart.

im talking to osmeone who wants to trade for my ds

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009, 05:34:45 AM »
im talking to osmeone who wants to trade for my ds
listen. no one is going to want to trade a hand held for paintball equipment

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2009, 06:09:49 AM »
I have a plastic gun, that takes two C02 carterdges. I could trade. but its not worth it for you. they are like $20 at wallmart. I bought for the kids to play with while the adults play real ball. but I had to take them away as they still pack a good punch.

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2009, 01:46:20 PM »
not going to happen.

Yeah, I kinda miss the original board on my sp-1 just from changing between 3-round and full auto, but my blackheart is still nicer than the stock. I plan on keeping this one for some time, so maybe I'll upgrade sometime.

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2009, 05:25:12 PM »
Yeah, I kinda miss the original board on my sp-1 just from changing between 3-round and full auto, but my blackheart is still nicer than the stock. I plan on keeping this one for some time, so maybe I'll upgrade sometime.
yeah, dont get me wrong, the Blackheart is much better than the stock board, but Im just saying the the Virtue is much better than the blackheart lol

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline lol-russ

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • This ain't no armageddon
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2009, 07:57:33 AM »
virtue and blackheart has its own disadvantages and benefits (virtue slightly expensive)
(note: both tend to stutter for many reasons) n e way
the tippman is one of the best when it comes to its customisability so you can assemble one to fit you
but you still cant always expect it to best the others (but still for a begginer i suggest it)

the T68 has been my life long friend
its easy to aim and shoot with it and also has some good customisability
unless your freaking rich i wouldnt recomend it because it took me like 8 months worth of babysitting

(remember you don't need the best gun to begging with)

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2009, 05:16:05 AM »
ya but blackburn, i'm going to sell my DS lite for 100 and buy a used 98

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal