Author Topic: just got the best deal ever LOL  (Read 2135 times)

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
just got the best deal ever LOL
« on: December 16, 2009, 08:17:15 PM »
i just picked up 2 xbox 360's today or $35 one had the rrod and the drive jacks on the mobo were dead the other had rrod and the drive gears were striped got the power supply and a/v cable (both had samsung drives in them   :hifive:) so i did the rrod fix to the good mobo and swaped drive boards and put it back together and now i got me a 360 for $35 and got a 60 gig harddrive coming from a friend this weekend for $10 LOL planning on painting the case and putting a window and some L.E.Ds in it will post pics when its done  :tup: :tup: already flashed the drive with iextrememe 1.61 don't plan on going on live with it so i'm not worried about the ban hammer hitting it LOL

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
Re: just got the best deal ever LOL
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 08:21:40 PM »
Dam that isa bargin......  :#1: win for you....

my first xbox repair was something similar.

a freind of mine. ( hadnt seen ina while) saw my modded pads and stuff and said "hey mate i've got a old 360 it died so i cut the disk out of it".

i had a look and took it off his hands. free (worst case scenario i had a few spare bit, rf module and fans. and some junk for the bin)

when i got home i took the remains apart the the pcb in the disc drive was still intact. and it was the same drive as my old dead e74 console. so did a simple case and disc drive swoop and had i perfect console.

wait he said it was dead so he cut the disc out......
lmfao it wasnt dead his power brick was dead. tried it first on his ,nothing, tried it on mine ,nothing, then tried my spare power brick on his and bang it worked

get in for me a free console....
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:31:26 PM by spurgurgle »

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 12:33:00 PM »
Nice find, sounds like how I got my 2nd 360... Co-worker had one that got the 3rlod after the warranty ran out but before MS extended it and just bought a new one. told me about it when he heard I repaired PSPs and said I could have it if I wanted it since he was just gonna throw it out... $10 in parts later I had my second working 360... gotta love great deals like that :tup:
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 04:42:06 PM »
oh yeah and the best part is having a whole intact 360 to play and the 2nd leftover case to mod and paint LOL to put on it later LOL

just a quick question does anyone know a good tutorial for adding the L.E.Ds inside the 360 like where to place them and where to connect them to the MOBO and stuff like that wanna do that mod to this 360 but never did it before LOL and all im finding in the tutorial section is for controllers thanks in advance
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 04:57:19 PM by krazyone2006 »

Offline pigoesfar

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 06:24:12 PM »
Yeah, literally JUST snagged a 3RROD broken console for $10.55 plus $10 shipping!  I'm not sure which fix I should use first.  Should I immediately do the rrod x-clamd and thermal compound fix or should I do some diagnostic stuff first like the ANA scaler chip?  or is that just for the E74?

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 06:30:47 PM »
I got my 1st xbox last year, nov 2008. This lady heard I fixed electronics, so she asked if I could fix her sons xbox. It wasn't rrod, but no video. I couldn't Fix it, so I offered her $25 for it. She said ok. I convinced the xbox to rrod, sent it to M$, got it fixed free. Came with all cables, a white wireless controller, and a copy of PGR 3 to boot :tup:

Oh and a 20 gb harddrive that's for sale, if anyones intresred. $25?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 06:31:59 PM by SN!P3R »
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 07:09:38 PM »
just do the rrod of death fix if thats what is wrong with it follow the tutorial on here i use it for every 360 i do and have not had any come back or hear of them red ringing agian cost like $6.50 at lowes for the screws and washers and $13.99 for the thermal paste at Radio shack $20 total and you might be good to go LOL
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:10:16 PM by krazyone2006 »

Offline pigoesfar

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 09:23:48 PM »
Thanks.  I am not totally sure what to expect.  The auction said 3RROD so I am assuming that is what  it is, it also said may be some missing screws or other misc. components.  Sounds a bit disconcerting but I figured, hey, for $20 shipped, I can always sell the extra components if it turns out to be crap.  I also wanted to make sure that I was getting a 3rrod rather than an E74.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 11:36:56 PM »
ANA or HANA is the E74 and it can show 3RROD, but if it is 3RROD what you need to know is what the secondary code is...

check HERE and follow the guide to diagnose the issue (find your secondary code) your unit has before you possibly waste time doing any repair method, even with 3RROD the x-clamp fix may not actually fix your problem (though most 3RROD issues are fixed by it some are not)... that link is the same as the thread here, except it's the original thread and is updated, ours is a mirror, kind of...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 12:04:22 AM by jrfhoutx »

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 04:50:25 AM »
I get the off ebay, 3red lights, no error, and unopened, otherwise Its not worth wasting my time. everyone I ever got already opened, turned out to be so far gone there was no fix. if they wont give the info I need I dont buy, that simple.  E74 can be fixed with a heat gun, but it is highly likely you will dammage the hana chip in the process. you have to heat it enough to reflow the pins, but not enough to over heat the chip. lol its about 50/50 success rate.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 07:43:56 AM »
3red lights, no error, and unopened

no error? you mean as in Exx?

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 06:40:10 PM »
There's this one guy on eBay who will sell 3 systems opened for 30 bucks a piece
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 09:04:30 AM »
There's this one guy on eBay who will sell 3 systems opened for 30 bucks a piece

seller link?

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 06:56:15 PM »
Seller is ccn-electronics. And I just checked he has a coue auctions for xbox's with various problems, 79.95 buy it now, free shipping.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 09:15:52 AM »
nice, thx sn!p3r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal