Author Topic: ps2 firmware  (Read 6455 times)

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
ps2 firmware
« on: December 18, 2009, 01:10:19 AM »
I got my hands on a ps2 slim and I want to install a hard drive on it.  I don't care if it's usb or hardwired although I would prefer a usb one.   What's the best way to go about this?

and is there such a thing as custom firmware for the ps2?  I've seen some videos but I'm not quite sure.

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Re: ps2 firmware
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 08:14:34 AM »
i remeber hearing things about something called memento32 which was a custo firmware for the memor32 saved game manager and lasti heard they were getting ready to release version 1.3 which allowed for hdd booting.
also i rember a long time ago there was a sort of custom firmware for a modchip called toxicOS by i think teamtoxic that allowed for HDD booting etc i was going to get the modchip and install etc but then my ps2 died and i moved on to a ps3

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 09:48:14 AM »
yes with most modchips you can direct boot from HDD... I have a DMS4Lite (uses the ToxicOS) and it loads from HDD, it's a little messed up right now (I think I had a solder connection come loose) and non working, but it is possible if a little expensive...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline eddieluu

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 05:47:18 PM »
to run off a usb just get the usb extreme disk. http://www.hdadvance.com/hd_xtreme_USB_how-touse.htm

for hard wire get  hdcombo but it is expensive. http://www.modchip.ca/store/product.php?productid=16282&cat=268&page=1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal