Author Topic: Battery drains faster after replacing DS lite case  (Read 1688 times)

Offline jule_brianne

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Battery drains faster after replacing DS lite case
« on: December 30, 2009, 04:56:52 PM »
Can any of you guys help me?...   :help:

So, I replaced my DS lite's case with a translucent black one (the ones from DealExtreme...) and failed miserably.. I can't seem to get that flatwire from the upper screen through the case and I thought that I totally screwed it up..  :cry2:

Then, I went to an electronic shop here hoping that they can fix it and they can just replace the upper screen with a new one..
But then the guy who fixed it says that the flatwire is not broken so he asked me if I still want to replace it with a new one, but I said no.

So he was able to fix it, and I checked if everything is working normally.. and all is...
BUT when I got home, after playing for about an hour, the LED went red.. I just thought that I haven't charged it yet. So I charged it and when i used it again, it's still lasted for about an hour.. Then I used a timer and charged/played my DS for 3 more times.. I always get approximately 2.5 hours. I replaced my battery with a china-made battery just to see if the battery is the problem.. Knowing the quality of china-made replacement batteries, I still should get at least 4 hours.. But it did worse! I got about 2 hrs!! (I timed it 3 times like my old battery) Back when I haven't changed the DS's case, I always play with my DS's speakers at max and the brightness set to lowest and always get a playtime of 10-12 hrs... So why do I get 2.5 hrs?...

But I noticed something funny when I took my DS with me to work..
When I used my DS with my earphones plugged in, the battery lasted for about 8 hrs!!...  :fear:
Then I remembered hearing static sounds coming out from the DS speakers when I was using my DS after I got it fixed...
That's really strange.

Does anybody know what's wrong with my DS lite?... I'm guessing that it has something to do with the speakers but I don't really know why it does that......

Sorry.. My post is so long.. PLEASE HELP!! :beg:

Offline aZiZ1

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Battery drains faster after replacing DS lite case
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 06:42:59 PM »
i would almost believe that u have a short with the speaker.

BTW china made batteries are NOT better. They have a very large tendency to LIE on the ma(milli amps)

Offline jule_brianne

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 10:53:09 PM »
Oh.. So how do I fix this? I'm not really good at fixing stuff..  :wacko:
And my last DS surgery kinda gave me phobia with disassembling electronic stuff...
I just tried to replace my DS's case myself because there are a lot of electronic shops here who fixes game consoles if I ever screw up.. (and the results were.. yeah..)

I might just go to one of those shops again..

Yeah, china-made things have horrible quality. That's why I said that if my battery was the problem, the china-made battery that I bought should at least give me 4 hrs of battery life.. (on the lowest brightness settings.. forgot to include that.) versus a normal original battery that can give you 10+ hrs.. (again, on the lowest brightness settings.)

BTW, thanks for the reply!   :yess:

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 12:13:33 AM »
in my experience the ds lite is a pain to take apart compared to anything else I have taken apart.  I would rather take apart a psp instead of a ds lite just because of the way it's made.

Offline jule_brianne

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 01:30:01 AM »
Yeah... It was kinda easy at first. But that damn flatwire..
I've read in a lot of forums that the upper screen's flatwire is where most people fail because it's so freakin' sensitive.. I even thought that I already broke it after 2 hours, then I gave up, desperately pushing the thing hard inside the case out of frustration. But I guess it's not THAT sensitive, as it turns out that I really didn't break it.

It was pretty sad. I even surfed the net for about 2 weeks just to get all the tuts out there that I can find before I start, looked in forums for successful and failed attempts and some tips from the ones who have already tried it.. (Even got my PSP to help me out a bit... lol. Placed all of the tuts in my PSP so I can read it there instead of printing it.  :laughing:)

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 09:52:27 AM »
it's the wire under the card slot that gets me.  I've never had a problem with the FFC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal