Author Topic: so i messed up pretty bad...  (Read 7623 times)

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: so i messed up pretty bad...
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2010, 12:21:23 PM »
/thread

move along everyone, nothing to see here
This.

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2010, 12:57:10 PM »
lol kicks and sn!per.  that made me laugh a bit ^_^

in other news, the guy is going to be ok. :censored: ing paramedics didnt know what they were talking about.

FreeK- Guys, watch your language. this is still a family site, and even thought it might not seem like theres kids reading....there most likely is.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 01:05:37 PM by FreeK »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2010, 01:04:39 PM »
see, stupid emo kids just want attention... in all seriousness, glad he's ok though, sucks to have to go through that for any reason...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Kilokk

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2010, 02:29:40 PM »
i have learned to deal with all this kind of :censored: long ago so its not to big a deal for me,.

deda: your wish is my command master.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 02:58:14 PM by dedafmonteur »

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2010, 02:59:30 PM »
aw man i am glad he is ok.

better?

geez.

Offline Kilokk

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2010, 03:05:18 PM »
no dude i am not saying dont think that way or anything like that, but the first time i went through a suicide i was rather emotional and i know that i would have flipped out if you had said it then.  i am just saying that at times like these its best to keep your opinions to yourself and just be supportive.

if you dont have anything nice to say sort of thing ya know?

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2010, 03:13:08 PM »
No dude, this really gets me mad. it's my opinion and i am allowed to say it. like i said in my post i appologize upfront, so i didnt do anything wrong.

ive seen 2 people jump infront of the train.
my cure: move on, you cant help them anymore

you dont see me making a topic because my friend got shot in the head 8 years ago,i have nightmares about it evry single day but you dont see me whining.

kilokk your a nice dude, but i apollogized like 5 times upfront in that one post, you have to understand i was just saying what i think.

and btw, this is spam&chat.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »
no dude i am not saying dont think that way or anything like that, but the first time i went through a suicide i was rather emotional and i know that i would have flipped out if you had said it then.  i am just saying that at times like these its best to keep your opinions to yourself and just be supportive.

if you dont have anything nice to say sort of thing ya know?

being that you're an american, who are you to deny anyone their freedom of speech and their right to their own personal opinion and right to speak it? that's kinda what this country is all about. if you don't like someones opinion then ignore it and stfu about it. if you can't handle it that's your problem not theirs.

that's the kind of hipocrisy that pisses of the rest of the world and makes them dislike americans. "I have the right to say what I want when I want but you don't"?... that kind of attitude is BS

edit in red
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 07:18:07 PM by jrfhoutx »

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2010, 05:32:50 PM »
being that you're an american, who are you to deny anyone their freedom of speech and their right to their own personal opinion and right to speak it? that's kinda what this country is all about. if you don't like someones opinion then ignore it and stfu about it. if you can't handle it that's your problem not theirs.

that's the kind of hipocrisy that pisses of the rest of the world and makes them dislike americans. "I have the right to say what I want when I want but you don't"... its BS
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2010, 07:15:59 PM »
Respect is something that is earned and is given to those who have earned it. No one just flat out deserves respect and they don't get it unless they have earned it. Therefore, if you want people to respect you then you have to earn it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 07:16:28 PM by jrfhoutx »

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2010, 07:33:23 PM »
Erg. Suicide is so obnoxious and redundant. I've got no doubt that all of us in this thread have been through a bad breakup and/or a death and no doubt we are all living (durr). We all have different coping mechanisms which work for us and this has been the same through centuries. For me it's to write a song or create a piece of art based upon the strong emotion I'm feeling and that works great for me. Something has gone wrong along the lines with the Emo movement, from an outside perspective it seems as if they find any excuse to be angry with their life, which is annoying but does no harm, but then they self-inflict because of that. I'm all for personal coping mechanisms but that is disgusting and as bad as running away from your problems instead of solving them. Some of you may point out that there is Emo music but everybody knows it's just as obnoxious as the slitting. You can dislike somebody because of the fad they're in but you can't stop them because it's their choice but when that fad becomes dangerous and could possibly kill them, well that is the time to step in.

I know it may be hard to get over but you can't blame yourself for this, personally I would distance myself from everything for a while and have some time to think. Think about what has happened and then move on.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 07:35:40 PM by VoX »

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2010, 07:38:34 PM »
Disclaimer: If you are a strongly originated person, or enjoy making rude or sarcastic remarks to things you disagree with then DO NOT click on the spoiler. I do not want any drama so if you fall into the above mentioned criteria do not continue to read my post. Understand, I will not be flamed for what has been said below if you decide to click the button. You accept responsibility for and controlling your own reaction and emotions.

[spoiler]Wow after reading this topic it sort of makes me lose a little bit more faith in humanity. It is interesting however to hear such uneducated opinions and terminology. The fact that there are hundreds upon hundreds of factors behind taking that final step and actually attempting to end your own existence. You never and you will never know the whole story behind another persons actions. Perhaps what was going on in the boyfriends life finally became so much for him that he no longer had the ability to deal with his feelings. Maybe he has a chemical unbalance and is really depressed and standard medication hadn't helped any. Maybe he actually cared about the girl. Perhaps as always, there were more factors than any of you know. It is however quite amusing to see such... Blind and well put shortly ignorant responses to something that is actually a serious matter. So if you could all please either drop the topic or go back to talking about lying to girl friends and stop flaming somebody that is obviously in the wrong mental state it would be quite appreciated. Because god knows you'd be very displeased if half the responses which have been made were addressed toward you or somebody close. Now tell me I am wrong that if you did it you would deserve being flamed and not mind. Or flame me for saying god. Because that seems like such a more deserving and important topic than having no human compassion and lacking all possible morals even convicted prisoners have.[/spoiler]

That said, tell your girlfriend you won't lie to her and instead of simply telling her that back it up with action. Tell her you hope she is able to forgive you and that you don't expect her to forget your mistakes and you know it will take time to earn her forgiveness. I hope the other girl's boyfriend is safe and I wish him and his family through this tough time.

-TwisT

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2010, 08:56:13 PM »
No disclaimer other than to say that if you don't like what I have to say then just disregard it.

[spoiler]First off I say what you want about me, it's not going to change my opinion of you or myself and it certainly won't hurt my feelings, let alone make me displeased about the things anyone says, because as I've said before everyone is entitled to their opinion and the right to speak it regardless of what that is.

Now, I'm not flaming you or anything just pointing out the contradiction in what you were saying... but really? after just saying that we have no idea what's going on in someone else's life and head and that we shouldn't make such generalized statements because we don't know these things, and then you are going to make the statement that we are guilty of "having no human compassion and lacking all possible morals even convicted prisoners have"? really? so you're going to say that we are all ignorant,  uncompassionate souls just because you disagree with our personal feelings on the matter? and let me get this straight, you know that all convicted prisoners have compassion and good morals? if that's not a sweeping generalization I don't know what is. last I checked most (and I say most because this does not apply to all) convicted prisoners have been convicted because they are guilty of a crime which has shown that they have questionable compassion and morals... [/spoiler]

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2010, 08:59:35 PM »
JESUS, NO ONE UNDERSTANDS WHAT /THREAD IS?!

/cruise control

/post

/thread
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2010, 09:12:12 PM »
no, I totally understand what it means... I'd have locked or deleted the thread a while ago if I were able, but I don't have the authority to do so, so instead I simply speak my mind...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:18:27 PM by jrfhoutx »

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2010, 09:26:09 PM »
Your response was interesting jrfhoutx although my statement wasn't directed toward any one individual. I've been on the other side of the fence. Half of what people are saying is messed up. If they'd take more than twenty seconds to rethink what is going on from various points of view they might not come off as heartless. Although half of what has been said in this topic does belong here in spam & chat because over half of it is trash. I'll even include my opinion in that. Who am I? It isn't as if I am magically special or that what I say matters. I don't care how what I've said is right or wrong. Nor do I think what I said matters to anybody besides myself. I am not asking or expecting anybody to magically agree with me. It isn't for my sake that I said anything in this thread. If everybody that has posted before me PMs me and asks I will happily delete what I said.

-TwisT

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2010, 09:49:28 PM »
don't delete what you've said regardless of what others think, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and everyone is entitled to their opinion of that opinion, and so on... at least that's how I feel about it...

I was not saying that it was directed at anyone in particular, or that it's right or wrong.  I was just pointing out the contradiction in saying that people shouldn't make generalized statements without knowing the circumstances but then making generalized statements without knowing the circumstances.

yes most of this discussion does belong here in spam and chat because it's garbage and that's why it's here.

yes most of it sounds really harsh, but the reality of the situation is that this is a touchy subject and feelings on the matter run strong. therefore people word things strongly and are usually quick to react without thinking about the things they say. and some people just don't care what they say or how others feel about what they say. and because all the interaction between people is through writing it is much more difficult to infer inflection.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:50:04 PM by jrfhoutx »

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2010, 01:08:16 AM »
I am verry commited to opinions. over here evryone can say what he wants as long its not discriminating. that is what i was trying to do here to but within 5 min. i was called harsh and cruel because i said maybe it was better for the dude to die. its my opinion, i mean what is wrong about that?

I allways say how i feel and what i think. sometimes its not good to do that, i know but it just happends. if peope cant respect the way i am/act than why feel sad for them if something happend. it needs to come from both sides (like they say over here).

i agree with twist, some people need to think before they act, i make loads of retardish posts to but thats how i am, but when i need to be serious i will.

so yeh....

Offline Kilokk

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2010, 01:13:08 AM »
sorry deda i didnt mean to offend you man... i was only saying that SOME would find it harsh... sorry i wasnt clear about it.  you are right, its your opinion and no one can say ANYTHING about it.  sorry deda.

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2010, 01:16:29 AM »
sorry deda i didnt mean to offend you man... i was only saying that SOME would find it harsh... sorry i wasnt clear about it.  you are right, its your opinion and no one can say ANYTHING about it.  sorry deda.

it's ok, blame canada:P

Offline Kilokk

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2010, 01:17:47 AM »
done. i feel better now XD

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2010, 05:12:38 AM »
LOCK?

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2010, 05:13:34 AM »
lock:)

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper