Author Topic: t0pFire - Fully Loaded Rapidfire System [FREE-RELEASE][*2.0 Revision 7*]  (Read 133762 times)

Offline Frankie.R

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: t0pFire - Fully Loaded Rapidfire System [FREE-RELEASE][*2.0 Revision 7*]
« Reply #150 on: March 07, 2010, 09:30:22 AM »
  how would that be better.........it more important to turn rf off quick then it is to change modes quick.......

such as gears 2 i only use mode 3...... so never need to change mode.... but need to turn it off quick as posible if i switch gun.........

and on MW2 i only really change mode before a match when im setting up my weapons.........

i dont understand why every1 wants to change mode quickly..... u only really need 1 mode per game/ weapon setup......so instead of changing modes set ur weapons up beter before games!!!!!!

just my opinion........

(i only ever really use 1 speed of RF and thats 7.7sps..... it work best on all games.... bar halo... but only idiots want rf on halo....... use a BR instead u fools)
I did not mean substituing the quick on/off feature, i ment adding and extra feature that speeds things up a little. For example your on MW2 on mode 3 and your putting halo 3 in and on halo 3 you use mode 1, instead of having to cycle through all the modes you can use a sequence of buttons such as hold lt + press tacticle to get back to mode 1.
This is not substiting any feature that t0pfire currently has just adding one to make it the best code possible. Its just a possibility and whilst having used teh code for a little while thats my opinion on it.
Thanks anyway.  :tup:

Post Merge: March 07, 2010, 09:32:06 AM
I understand the confusion i phrased my first post wrong stupid of me. I didn't meen to say quick push of the tacticle sorry for the post. :(
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 09:32:07 AM by Frankie.R »

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2010, 09:46:16 AM »
frankie look at the quote in my post.... that wasnt at you... it was at squeck!!!!

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline Frankie.R

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2010, 09:48:38 AM »
Ohhh sorry last night was a bit of a late one  :drunk: Sorry.

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2010, 10:19:34 AM »
I think the code is perfect the way it is.  I honestly cant think of any changes i would want to it.  Lol i think alot of you are just getting greedy. :eyebrow: And alot of the complaints i have seen about the code not working for certain games or not working right....  It ends up being the modders fault in some sort of way.  Some games shot rates are set up different than others and may not work as good as your cod games.  I think the code needs to be left alone, and a entire different project should be started.  Tops this code is awesome!! :tup:

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2010, 11:39:53 AM »
I think the code is perfect the way it is.  I honestly cant think of any changes i would want to it.  Lol i think alot of you are just getting greedy. :eyebrow: And alot of the complaints i have seen about the code not working for certain games or not working right....  It ends up being the modders fault in some sort of way.  Some games shot rates are set up different than others and may not work as good as your cod games.  I think the code needs to be left alone, and a entire different project should be started.  Tops this code is awesome!! :tup:
agreed!!!!! +1 crazy.....

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Programmer / Security Expert
    • http://milw0rm.com/author/1141
« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2010, 03:17:04 PM »
  how would that be better.........it more important to turn rf off quick then it is to change modes quick.......

such as gears 2 i only use mode 3...... so never need to change mode.... but need to turn it off quick as posible if i switch gun.........

and on MW2 i only really change mode before a match when im setting up my weapons.........

i dont understand why every1 wants to change mode quickly..... u only really need 1 mode per game/ weapon setup......so instead of changing modes set ur weapons up beter before games!!!!!!

just my opinion........

(i only ever really use 1 speed of RF and thats 7.7sps..... it work best on all games.... bar halo... but only idiots want rf on halo....... use a BR instead u fools)

Have to agree with spurgurgle here, Also crazy-modder, thanks for the feedback!  :victory:

Im not gona lie, Heres the only changes that i see in 3.0 right now.

LED Swap - So mine and hazers code's are interchangable. (requires current t0pfire mods ROL LED wiring to be swapped over)
Pulse Timing - Pulses will be refined
Customisable Burst Mode, Or even the normal 3/5 shot bursts. 2.0 does have it but its kinda automatic.

I really cant see no cosmetic changes being made, As i said before, t0pfire is currently in a position where it serves everybody happy, im not adding jittermod and such just for the cod players. Ill be creating other code for mods like these, just keep a eye out. belive me things are getting done behind the scenes.

Although i dont want to put people off suggestion, I really love reading suggestions and it sometimes springs other ideas into my head, So post your suggestions what YOU think should be added, Your not gona get flamed, you would actually be helping me out. For t0pFire 3.0 i wana take things even further.

Peace
-t0pP8uZz

Offline psyko_chewbacca

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2010, 05:53:55 PM »
Thanks t0p for the informative post. I can't wait to get my hands on that 3.0 version.

I've been banging my head over and over again trying to figure out what's the problem with my modded CG controller when I play battlefield games. I've redone the installation from scratch, tried 2 different PICs. Nothing seems to do it...

One odd thing I noticed is that the two bottom LEDs emits a faint light when when the rapid fire on a trigger is turned OFF. This only happens to the faulty modded controller.

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2010, 08:25:26 PM »
The faded led is not really a big deal.  I have that problem also when i use leds other than the factory green ones.  Its because different color leds run on different voltages.  It does not bother me, but it might help if you try different resistors.

Offline psyko_chewbacca

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2010, 04:48:29 AM »
Thanks for the explanation! I just find it strange that my other CG isn't doing this.They all have red leds. The leds are all the way OFF with the same resistors value on my other CG.

I know there's a possible 10% variation in the resistors value but I don't think that would be sufficient to make the difference between lighted LED and all OFF.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 06:50:34 AM by psyko_chewbacca »

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #159 on: March 08, 2010, 03:46:17 PM »
The faded LED is because the diffrent LED's and when the LED's are off, the PIC output is left as tri-state (HI-Z)

Offline psyko_chewbacca

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2010, 09:20:15 AM »
Maybe the switched power source on the faulty CG is a little higher than my other CG making the LEDs gets a little power from the PIC. That would possibly explain why I have trouble with some games: A higher voltage at the input of the potentiometer of the trigger will certainly cause a higher output voltage that goes to the controller processing unit, making the controller think I'm holding the trigger. I might try using a little resistor on the trigger signal to see if it's doing any good!

I don't think the variation of the value of the components such as the LEDs and the resistors could be what's causing the problem. It would be an extreme coincidence that I used 2 LEDs that light up at a lower voltage and 2 resistors with slightly lower values than 100ohms in one controller while in the other I used 2 LEDs that light up at a higher voltage and 2 resistors that have slightly higher values. It's not impossible but the odds of this situation happening are somewhat low. If I had only one LED that lights up even if the RF mod is OFF I wouldn't be wondering what's the problem.

I also tried 2 different PIC chip to make sure I did not have a faulty PIC. The two were programmed without erros and tested in my 100% working CG controller.

Anyway not that it bother me, I don't really look at my controller extensively while I play. I just thought it might have something to do with the problems I'm encoutering in some games.

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2010, 11:24:45 AM »
Its been said before that the potentiometers are not ALL calibrated at the same value. its pretty dumb.

ill be working on bug fixing stuff like this in 3.0

Offline psyko_chewbacca

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2010, 12:26:11 PM »
Its been said before that the potentiometers are not ALL calibrated at the same value. its pretty dumb.

ill be working on bug fixing stuff like this in 3.0

That's good to know! That explains why only the left trigger is stucked and I'm not firing like a redneck on the fourth of july. I just got in this controller modding thing. I still have alot to learn.

I guess I won't try to fix it by myself if you tell me that it can be done by coding bugfixes.

Offline Frankie.R

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2010, 10:17:11 AM »
I just your code on a CG2 i got, everything works perfectly... untilll you plug the usb charge cable in. When it is on charge it randomly shoots and when changing weapon it shoots twice. It also some how disables the sprint. I will recheck my wiring but i think everything is good. Just to let you know.

Post Merge: March 17, 2010, 09:53:45 AM
I was playing about with it a bit more yesterday.... I tried it with brand new AA battery's and it gave of the same results as when the charger was plugged in. So the only time it works is when there is only a little charge left in the batteries.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:53:45 AM by Frankie.R »

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2010, 05:27:06 PM »
Ill look into this, seems to be a slight power problem with the CG2 controller.

Offline Frankie.R

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2010, 09:41:05 AM »
Ill look into this, seems to be a slight power problem with the CG2 controller.
okay well if you need any testing done or a video of the problem feel free to ask.
Thanks Frankie.  :tup:

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2010, 11:26:23 AM »
Well everything is on hold at the minute, Currently working on some Java/C++ stuff, Also trying to develop two websites.

Im still around, just dont have time for much modding related coding right now.

Thanks for all the supports, Things will get done eventually :-p

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #167 on: March 19, 2010, 06:02:18 PM »
Could we have a semi-auto mode? Just like the 3 or 5 with one shot per pull for autos

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2010, 07:22:16 AM »
Explain.. You mean to make a automatic gun into single-shot?

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2010, 09:45:53 AM »
Exactly.

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2010, 09:03:52 AM »
Not sure if this will make the system too much Game-Dependant. Since that would be about fine tuning the timers etc.

And it would only work on CoD probarly. Trying to keep this a all-around rapidfire system.

Ill keep it in mind though.

Thanks, More suggestions highly welcome!

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2010, 02:55:21 PM »
Further on the semiauto idea. If you've played splinter cell, the main rifle you get shoots one shot, delays, then goes full auto. Could you do that.

Single shot - Delay - Full Auto

Offline tomcat

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2010, 03:21:20 PM »
As he was saying before this code is perfectly fine the way it is and he wants to keep it the way it is because it works for most games now. Why don't you just tap the trigger once and the hold it down. Solves your problem.

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2010, 03:56:43 PM »
Not the point. The hardware must be my slave. I press one button, it does what it's told to. Minimal input.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2010, 04:39:07 PM »
this is a fine mod. shelf it..cough cough topmap cough

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2010, 08:45:25 PM »
hah! yeah matt :-p i will continue on that very very soon

Offline BigDavie

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: t0pFire - Fully Loaded Rapidfire System [FREE-RELEASE]
« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2010, 05:55:42 AM »
Buick: Nice, Did you isolate the programming voltage? (13v)

If you wana help around id like someone to make a simple ICSP tutorial or even scematic for other people to use, just something with a jack or usb on.

Also t0pFire is going to get updated pretty soon. I want some suggestions.

Shall i swap the LED's same as Hazer's? so reflashing the PIC is a perfect install for both code's.
Remove some modes? make mode changing quicker? make all modes reprogrammable?

Need some suggestions for 00.3. or possibly a revision update.

This sounds like a neat idea to add an icsp to the controller, t0pP8uZz could you elaborate on how you would isolate the higher voltage from running back through the controller circuitry during programming Please!!!

Would a switch between the MCLR pin and the controller suffice (disable this connection during programming) or is it more complex than this and other pin connections need isolated?

I've searched but couldn't find an answer to this and Thanks for making your code freely available, I'll be trying it later tonight hopefully.

Cheers Davie.

Offline psyko_chewbacca

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2010, 10:04:41 AM »
I think swapping the leds to make it compatible with Hazer's mod could be a good idea. It 's not that hard to swap the led wires on an controller with t0pfire already installed.

To program the PIC easily I've putted in a socket so I just need to open my controller and unplug the chip from the socket to put it in my programmer. I feel it is the most efficient way to update it since the code is not updated every week. I prefer opening my controller once in a while rather than having an ugly programming port visible and more circuitry in my controller.

For the number of firing modes I think it is just right. I gives the user alot of options and makes it compatible with alot of games. I chose this code as I play multiple games that requires different modes. If I only was playing a specific game I would say there's too much modes but again when a new games would come up maybe the limited number of modes would make the RF mod useless with that new game.

One thing I would change is the time required to change the modes: holding the tactile switch for 1.5 second to change it could be nice.

I don't really see any use to make all modes reprogrammable but again different people have different needs. I would simply suggest that if you plan on doing this that you program a reset feature so that if you get confused about the speed timing of a certain mode you could quickly revert to it's original value.

One thing about programming mode is that I would prefer that the right tactile switch incereases the firing rate and the left tactile switch decreases it. To me, it feels more relevant that way.

These are my suggestion for an updated t0pfire.

Thanks again t0pP8buZz for taking the time to update your awesome Mod!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 10:09:08 AM by psyko_chewbacca »

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #178 on: March 31, 2010, 02:25:47 PM »
Just one suggestion: take out 1 shot.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline strpwnedulol

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods Learner
« Reply #179 on: April 26, 2010, 02:26:50 PM »
 :clap: i did the tlc555 timer mod and well... it sucked i hate it it's so slow and then i saw this!!! im doing tonight ill post my results. :tup:

Stupid People Do Stupid Things... And Judging By Your Post; You Are One Of Them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal