Author Topic: Apple iTablet <UPDATED>  (Read 2790 times)

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
Apple iTablet <UPDATED>
« on: January 12, 2010, 01:19:14 PM »
Well once again, it is time for us to look at all the rumors surrounding Apple and the Mac.  Today we will take a look at some of the rumors going around about the iTablet, Apples long awaited tablet Mac.  Rumors have been sprouting up about it for years, but this time there might actually be some fact behind them.  Obviously these are RUMORS so do not take anything written here as fact, they are just what I have gathered and think could actually be possible.  So without further ado lets get into this article.

It seems to me that the iTablet will be one of 2 things, a bigger iPod touch with more features, or a full blown Mac with a touch screen.  Obviously I hope for the latter rather than the former, as another part of the Mac line would be a nice thing to have.  If it is a new Mac it is likely to be a touch screen like the iPod touch as opposed to the pen alternative.  It is also likely to have an optional stylus for better art based applications.

Here is a picture I have dug up of some “leaked” specs, though like I said take it with a grain of salt.  Honestly I think that it may have 4 GB of ram pre-installed, but that is just me.

As you can see, it wont have an exceptional amount of power, but it is no slouch either. The thing that makes me think that the specs listed here are false is the fact that there is no video card listed, and if I know Apple, they won't be using any on board video cards with their products any time soon. 

This is all that I have been able to find about the iTablet, but you can be SURE that I will update as soon as more information becomes available.  If you have any more information or you would like to comment on the article and give your views feel free to PM me or email me at jayfrick@gmail.com.

UPDATE :

Trusted sources over at Gizmodo are reporting these details.

• The tablet's multi-touch gestures are "out of control."
• It's powered by an incredibly fast ARM CPU
• It runs on the iPhone kernel.
• The internal model number is K48AP.
• There hasn't been an updated iPhone OS build because there's too much tablet-related code/references in the OS and Apple obviously didn't want that to leak.
• The tablet is basically an "iPhone on steroids."

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 11:05:18 AM by ~:Dhruv:~ »

Offline REv9k

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Apple iTablet.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 04:59:37 AM »
Hah, can't believe the iSlate/iTablet fever has reached here.

This is fake.  Where are you going to fit cooling for a 2.26Ghz Core 2 duo in a tablet?

It wil be atom or ARM.  It will be ARM if it runs a modified iPhone OS, and for cooling reasons.  They also bought an ARM development company a while back named PA Semi.  This and the iPhone are the most likely reasons why.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:03:37 AM by REv9k »
I'm starting a new website for musicians- recording, live, inspiration, etc-  http://www.revolution9000.com!

Also check out my band at http://www.slowrecovery.com and help keep up up in the charts on Reverbnation!  Enjoy the music and spread the word!

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 05:10:25 AM »
@REv9k : Passive cooling in ULV chips works decently. Also that document might be a fake but i have my doubts that Apple will go the Atom way.
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 06:58:38 AM »
Like I said, they are rumored specs.  I am just relaying what I have found

Post Merge: January 13, 2010, 02:09:24 PM
nice find Dhruv!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:09:24 PM by Kilokk »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal