Author Topic: Exception (DSI) in Gecko OS?  (Read 3873 times)

Offline noobpsphacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
Exception (DSI) in Gecko OS?
« on: March 10, 2010, 07:40:38 PM »
This is a long post. For those of you who don't care about specifics or are lazy, in short I can't run Gecko or Ocarina even though all my IOS's are updated with false-signing and I have the latest System Menu. And I have everything Hackmii can offer - DVDx, Bootmii, and HBC.

I'm trying to run Gecko OS 1.9.3.1, or Ocarina. I'd love to get some hacks going on. I have HBC, DVDx, and Bootmii on my 4.2U Wii via Hackmii installer. I did this all today. After all sorts of disc read errors and hours spent trying to fix them I uninstalled everything. The disc drive worked fine again. I then reinstalled everything and it worked well. Until I opened Gecko once again. That's when it all started. It keeps giving me an Exception (DSI) error. It's followed by a GRS (or GPR. I'm not sure which) list 00-31 followed by hexadecimal values. Then there's another dump (I forget which). And a code dump, also followed by hexadecimal values. It freezes and I must turn off my Wii at that point (Though I must mention if I turn off SD cheats it boots, but that defeats the purpose of running the game through Gecko, now doesn't it?). On the Wiibrew forums, I registered and asked about it. I was told multiple things, including back up my NAND, then update every IOS and the system menu with DOP-Mii. I updated IOS 36 through IOS 36 to give it the false signing bug. I then updated every IOS I could to it's latest version, even though it warned me all the updates were stubs (whatever that means...). Then I reinstalled System Menu 4.2U. I restarted my Wii, went to HBC, Gecko, started my game, and once again, a wonderful little Exception (DSI). I went to Gecko 1.9 and it said there were no codes on the card (when there clearly were.). I went to Gecko 1.8 and only the background loaded, no menus, nothing...and my wiimote disconnected so I had to move my lazy ass across the room and turn it off manually. Again. Ugh. Now I'm at a loss. All my IOS's are updated, I have everything the Hackmii installer can give me, I have the latest System Menu, but I can't run games through Gecko, Ocarina, anything. Can someone please help?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:42:45 PM by noobpsphacker »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal