Author Topic: what type of switches could accomplish what i am describing?/possible LCD mod  (Read 1030 times)

Offline tooandrew

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
Does anyone know where i can get a 3 input one output switch  small enough to fit in a psp? like dip switch (or something like a knife switch? never heard of it but some dude mentioned it), just as small as possible
also a switch with similar dimensions that i can use to connect one of two sets of wires, like.... where there's two inputs and two outputs but the input of one side is only connected to the output of the same side, and the switch changes which set of wires is connected. if you still dont get what i mean read on.

basically i need to have four possible positions-

first switch is needed for the LEDs connected to a fader board
one to connect one of the contacts to ground so the leds will fade and re brighten
 another to connect the a different contact to ground so they'll just be on
 and another position with no wire connected to turn them off.

then the other switch
i need to switch where the positive wire goes from/to.
i need one setting to be from the speakers to a little breadboard that will make the row of leds sound reactive
and the other setting to connect from a +5v point to the fader board
( i already made/set up the board and the fader and everything)

I dont even know if these sorts of switches exist :/
it is a psp 1000 i plan to mount the switches on the side of the umd drive. provided they're small enough it could be there and stil have the drive work

Also, is it possible to put a psp slim screen in a phat? I like them much more. i can solder if neccessary, and it could possibly free some space if it could work

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
This is the site that you want to browse.

www.alps.com

They have just about every kind of switch you can think of.  All though ive never ordered from them.  Im sure they have some sort of minimum order.  But either way, this site will give you an idea of what you need.  Also you can try www.dealextreme.com and www.focalprice.com, they might have what your looking for

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal