Author Topic: FLEX Rapidfire Opensource 12F683  (Read 113730 times)

Offline dopesun

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: FLEX Rapidfire Opensource 12F683
« Reply #210 on: January 02, 2011, 04:57:24 PM »
crazymoddwers six mode is

where can i find that mod at?

Offline BEANC0UNTER

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #211 on: January 09, 2011, 10:03:32 AM »
Anyone know where I can get a chip with the code on it already along with the switch?  I can even buy a chip and switch if someone would be willing to write to the chip for me.

Thanks

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #212 on: January 09, 2011, 10:05:02 AM »
where you from id be happy to help

Offline BEANC0UNTER

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #213 on: January 09, 2011, 01:38:28 PM »
I am in Indiana.  Do you have chips/buttons to sell or do I need to buy some?  I could then send them to you?

Offline FastBrad

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • C.O.D Extraordinaire
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2011, 05:16:00 PM »
Just wondering if anyone can help me.  I installed flex onto a new pad, and seems like the rapid fire right trigger never stays on what I set it at...Very bizzare

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2011, 05:47:04 PM »
yea when in programming mode you set the speed you want but when you leave programming mode it deducts 1 increment so you need to set it 1 more than you want it at has happend to me so many times just one of them things

mm
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 06:15:44 PM by modded matt »

Offline FastBrad

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • C.O.D Extraordinaire
« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2011, 09:38:24 PM »
I don't recall any of my other installs behaving like this...Extremely weird

Offline staticvoid

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2011, 12:41:30 AM »
what optocoupler and resistor to use on cq2?  looking for  numbers to order with.l

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1
« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2011, 01:51:45 AM »
As you can see in the pics, you dont need resistors when using flex. 4n25 optocouplers will work. https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,34805.0/all.html

Offline manwinder

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2011, 05:47:48 PM »
wats up guys, i have just installed the flex in a matrix, it works perfect but i was wondering when the controller has battery pack plugged in, the leds are on( just a little bit), and my cg controller won't do anything, the leds go on when i am press the button, but the rapidfire doesn't work, and can the cg be used for a cg2 controller or is there a different hex for cg2

Offline siiNNiiSTer

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • mOd-tAsTiC!
« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2011, 07:58:00 AM »
for those of u wondering about using FLEX on black ops.... activision/treyarch made W@W right...woulnt it make sense to use the patch buster mode?
turn W@W patch buster mode on and set ur rf to something under 9 sps. ive been using this since blops came out. i think i only got mod blocked once all i did was slow it down a bit more

Offline UnderClocked

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #221 on: March 29, 2011, 10:26:39 AM »
wats up guys, i have just installed the flex in a matrix, it works perfect but i was wondering when the controller has battery pack plugged in, the leds are on( just a little bit), and my cg controller won't do anything, the leds go on when i am press the button, but the rapidfire doesn't work, and can the cg be used for a cg2 controller or is there a different hex for cg2

I've tried twice now installing this on a new controller ... flat out doesn't work period!  Double checked all my connections and verified them with a DMM and then the PIC programming ... still nothing!  Complete waste of time!

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #222 on: March 29, 2011, 12:26:59 PM »
Do you have the chip clocked right meaning is Number one pin where it should be and do you have it wired right?

This flex rapid fire works very good I have used it many times so slow down and relook over everything make sure you double and triple check everything also did you program it for a cg or  matrix controller?

double check your steps, there is nothing wrong with this RF . worked on Matrix and CG controllers for me. and evedently many others on this site.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #223 on: March 30, 2011, 05:02:20 AM »
I've tried twice now installing this on a new controller ... flat out doesn't work period!  Double checked all my connections and verified them with a DMM and then the PIC programming ... still nothing!  Complete waste of time!

This code is perfect. YOU have made a mistake, not our fault. I have personally installed this on many controllers....what do you really think everyone is lying? thats a large consperacy.

Offline UnderClocked

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #224 on: March 30, 2011, 10:41:36 AM »
I know how to wire a PIC (this is not my first rapid fire mod) and all the wires were soldered on correctly (double checked and verified continuity between all solder points) and I verified the program on the PIC before and after the install.

Brand new CG2 controller, yes I used the CG hex file & wiring diagram and verified the voltages, wires, etc.  ... reason I tried it twice.

... still the same result both times .... didn't work at all.  It's not that big a deal .... it was free ... figured I'd give it a try ... didn't work on my controller ... oh well  :cry2:

I did use a PIC I bought from MADDOG controllers which is much more involve in wiring up and it worked just fine so I know it wasn't a wiring mistake or a controller issue ... problem is that wasn't free and uses momentary buttons, resistors, etc. instead  :confused:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:52:06 AM by UnderClocked »

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #225 on: March 30, 2011, 12:04:03 PM »
This code is perfect. YOU have made a mistake, not our fault. I have personally installed this on many controllers....what do you really think everyone is lying? thats a large consperacy.

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #226 on: March 30, 2011, 12:55:05 PM »
I know how to wire a PIC (this is not my first rapid fire mod) and all the wires were soldered on correctly (double checked and verified continuity between all solder points) and I verified the program on the PIC before and after the install.

Brand new CG2 controller, yes I used the CG hex file & wiring diagram and verified the voltages, wires, etc.  ... reason I tried it twice.

... still the same result both times .... didn't work at all.  It's not that big a deal .... it was free ... figured I'd give it a try ... didn't work on my controller ... oh well  :cry2:

I did use a PIC I bought from MADDOG controllers which is much more involve in wiring up and it worked just fine so I know it wasn't a wiring mistake or a controller issue ... problem is that wasn't free and uses momentary buttons, resistors, etc. instead  :confused:

The cg2 I thought  Hazer said you had to wire it throught the coupler? I believe I asked him this question a while back  do a search you will find the right answer, sitting here and whining about it gets you know where , we all will help just gotta be able to ask the right questions and look for the right answers.

Read here https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,34805.0.html

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #227 on: March 30, 2011, 01:51:59 PM »
it is not a must and will not affect operation if its a cg1 or cg2, the only difference is that when you turn the controller off the RF will stay on because the cg2 dosnt have a switched power supply. the optocoupler makes a switched supply that is all. this code works perfectly. I have used this personally may times. YOU did something wrong. in fact ill buy the controller to show you if you care to send it pm me thats how much I stand behind this code, send me yr controller i will mod it for you, whatever it takes...

This is a great code, short of buying a viking, you wont find much better. MadDog doesn't even come close to flex, with flex you can pick how many modes, and you can select the rate of fire, burst, etc.

If the mad dog worked, your problem lies in YOUR programing of he chip I would still like to see pictures of your install.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 02:02:43 PM by modded matt »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #228 on: March 30, 2011, 04:36:21 PM »
Does the Maddog wire upside-down? (Deadbug?)

Many things here:

1. Just because the programmer said 'programming succesful' doesnt mean nothing until you run a seperate verify.

2. The chip diagram is for the notch facing upwards (the legs facing down).

3. This design requires all of the wires/connections to be made. You cannot skip the left trigger.

4. The CG2 is the same as the CG1 except for shutdown. If you do not install an opto-coupler, you should remove the batteries when the contrller is off.

5. The code is for a 12F683. If maddog was a 12F618 or other 8-pin chip, this code will not work with it. It has to be a 12F683 (its the only one with a Timer2 interupt).

The only reason you got a salty response from the people here is because you commented that this code was a 'waste of time'. This code is better than 95% of what people charge alot of money for. Your statement makes it sound like its sub-standard when in reality the problem lies on your end of the installation, where hundreds of installs have been sucessful.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline drummerdude

• BST BAN
  • ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +11/-5
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #229 on: March 30, 2011, 05:26:39 PM »
Im thinking about using this code in my next controller. Just wondering... how do i get the mode indicator through different colored leds in the guide button, like in your video, instead of through the player leds. Your video makes the controller look so hardcore!

"I'm not a very tall person, however I show self-confidence of a bigger person"

Offline FastBrad

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • C.O.D Extraordinaire
« Reply #230 on: March 31, 2011, 03:59:23 AM »
Im thinking about using this code in my next controller. Just wondering... how do i get the mode indicator through different colored leds in the guide button, like in your video, instead of through the player leds. Your video makes the controller look so hardcore!
That is a tri colored led inserted into the lower half of the guide button, and to be honest a reasonably tricky  mod, i will have a look around my pc and see if i have the intructions still

Offline FastBrad

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • C.O.D Extraordinaire
« Reply #231 on: March 31, 2011, 04:25:27 AM »
GTFO nuff said

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #232 on: March 31, 2011, 08:15:17 AM »
That is a tri colored led inserted into the lower half of the guide button, and to be honest a reasonably tricky  mod, i will have a look around my pc and see if i have the intructions still

bi-colored*

and you shouldn't find it too difficult...

Offline drummerdude

• BST BAN
  • ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +11/-5
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #233 on: March 31, 2011, 12:51:39 PM »
instead of using one of those tri led things, i just used 2 seperate leds. a red and a yellow. in the pic, its on the mode with both leds on. I was going to use a red and a blue, so it would come out purple, but i didnt have a blue led, nor did i feel like buying one. also i didnt feel like drilling a hole in my new shell, so i strung the button through the small gap in the anolog stick.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #234 on: March 31, 2011, 05:46:27 PM »
I was going to draw up the circuit but never had time. I also forgot this code has seperate LED outputs and does not need the single-output trick that the Final Rapidfire used. If you use a red and green LED, you get red, green, and yellow colors.
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline drummerdude

• BST BAN
  • ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +11/-5
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #235 on: March 31, 2011, 06:43:32 PM »
whats da difference between flex and final rapidfire?

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #236 on: March 31, 2011, 09:06:10 PM »
Final rapidfire is flex with an rs232 interface to program the controller with a PC utility. Point and click adjustments. At the very end of the design work, I thought it would be a good idea to make the controller have a 'self-editting' feature just in case you did not want to go all the way to the computer to change a speed by one setting.

Flex is basically the Final rapidfire with the PC interface ripped out.

Sadly, I have seen only one design that matched mine in the open market. I cannot even remember who sold it. I would have figured by now there would have been a tremendous leap in rapidfire designs compared to the open-source but it seems like people are happy to spend $20 on a static 6-mode 'a 13 year-old made this' code.

Hell, with all of the information freely out there and discussed many times in these forums, I am shocked no-one has made a USB version of my design. It would take all of about a week or two.

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #237 on: April 01, 2011, 08:05:21 AM »
Final rapidfire is flex with an rs232 interface to program the controller with a PC utility. Point and click adjustments. At the very end of the design work, I thought it would be a good idea to make the controller have a 'self-editting' feature just in case you did not want to go all the way to the computer to change a speed by one setting.

Sadly, I have seen only one design that matched mine in the open market. I cannot even remember who sold it. I would have figured by now there would have been a tremendous leap in rapidfire designs compared to the open-source but it seems like people are happy to spend $20 on a static 6-mode 'a 13 year-old made this' code.

Hell, with all of the information freely out there and discussed many times in these forums, I am shocked no-one has made a USB version of my design. It would take all of about a week or two.

working on it ;)
slowly though, learning as i go...

Offline dopesun

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #238 on: April 01, 2011, 06:33:04 PM »
BTW i have bought the final rapid fire when it was first released by hazer. the differences between that and flex is the speeds are a bit different. and on the final rapidfire you cant switch duty cycles (as far as i know). both are great though.

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #239 on: April 06, 2011, 08:56:32 AM »

I am working on reproducing the RS232 version, but it is slow going because life gets in the way.  I started on it last year, and never got back to it.  I wish I knew more about USB, but sadly I don't. I was also working on integrating the no resistor mod into my code.  I will not however even try to do the onboard editing.  I think I could accomplish it, I just to not have the time to mess with it, lol.  While I am posting, has anyone found any kind of code (specific speeds, or jitter or something like that) that will work on Black Ops?  I am guessing it is just going to be a max fps per gun, which is why i want to do the RS232 reprogrammable, as I could change the speeds quickly.

Hazer, I have to say again that your code is awesome.  I love programming, but unfortunately I don't know any major programming languages (I learned to program in basic using a TI graphing calculator, and I have a little VB experience).  Using your open source code with the description of the code you gave, I learned how the assembly code does what it does, and that is how I am working on this code. Thank you for all your contributions to rapidfire.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:58:22 AM by magic_man185 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal