Author Topic: FLEX Rapidfire Opensource 12F683  (Read 112903 times)

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
Re: FLEX Rapidfire Opensource 12F683
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2010, 07:52:43 AM »
no you do not need to use the Codwaw patch. a friend recommened to  me yesterday 9.62 works good.

Offline sozerozero

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2010, 05:53:39 PM »
I found this rapid fire tut and it made me drool...
But before I go ahead and buy all the wrong stuff I have a few questions.

for the PIC12f683 chip, which one of these is it on this link: DigiKey
or even is this the correct one here? SparkFun
or am I just a f***ing retard?

Secondly the tact switches. I'm trying to keep my purchases to one site if possible, a.k.a DigiKey as it seems to be the cheapest alternative for me. Problem with DigiKey is I can find the bloody tact switches on it. If you don't I'll be forced to buy em here or is that even the correct button...

Thank you to anyone who puts up with my retartedness.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2010, 06:35:30 PM »
digikey:http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=PIC12F683-I/P-ND
spark is correct
switch is good (as long as its tall enough) I think I used 7.5mm

if you go to microchipdirect.com you can get 4 free samples

Offline sozerozero

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2010, 09:54:36 PM »
digikey:http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=PIC12F683-I/P-ND
spark is correct
switch is good (as long as its tall enough) I think I used 7.5mm

Thank you for the response and I guess I will be checking out microchipdirect for those samples.

Offline LOONEY2008

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2010, 04:19:30 AM »
hi just so clarify sorted out the problem with the trigger fireing constantly was a dodgy batch of chips my last 3 as well lol.
anyways got a bread board and some new chips from maplins today started again with it all set up on breadboard for testing and works sweet no more turn controller on and it goes crazy during game play thanks i now see why on off option really isnt needed.

modded matt you mention microchipdirect.com for free chips problem i have is it asks for a busness email addy so i can place order what email client did you use to reg thanks..?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2010, 04:22:37 AM »
you must use a real email, the one your ISP gives you. @atlantic.net, @bellsouth.net etc

cant use gmail, or yahoo, those kinda free services.

Offline LOONEY2008

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2010, 04:56:56 AM »
also i have a newer cg controller someone metions a octocoupler can someone point me to a link of the right specs or one i need for this controller. wouldent mind playing against me little boy tonight on it lol

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2010, 12:59:17 AM »
also i have a newer cg controller someone metions a octocoupler can someone point me to a link of the right specs or one i need for this controller. wouldent mind playing against me little boy tonight on it lol

I hope this help you:

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,34805.0.html

Offline FastBrad

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • C.O.D Extraordinaire
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2010, 11:12:42 PM »
Hey guys, I have been playing around with CG2,I used the OC 4n25 and everything works fine, except for every now and then its as if i get a little flat spot whilst using RF eg: Firing away then nothing, release trigger and re-press works fine.  I am thinking it may be a voltage thing.Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Just some more info i have tried the oc circuit with a 47r and 33r ohms.

Thanks

Offline ste179

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2010, 01:29:22 PM »
OMG this is my first rf mod and i tried the burnmeup 3 code first but had problems on my Matrix controller so i searched around for other code using the same wireing/resistors but i think i was using a wrong type of resistor because as soon as i re-programmed with Flex rf and re-wired its working awsome.  I rekon this is the way to go for rapid fire its as simple or as complicated as you want it to be, the edit mode took me a while to get my head round but it makes perfect sense now and my COD 5 experience with this mod is awsome its really practical AWSOME job Hazer thanx for sharing.  I just have 1 slight problem when i first installed it i could change how many modes i used but now i cant seem to get it to edit because when i try to goto edit mode 4 it just skips from 3 to 5 any ideas people...
Also just a quick sugestion to people using this mod make sure to take care in possitioning where the chip and other components sit make sure they are not shorting (Common sense i know but...)i had the same problem as mentioned by somone further back who said the left trigger was fireing a shot and zooming ADS and right was zooming ADS and fireing a shot but it was my chip possitioning and it was shortong the actual triggers. :tup:

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2010, 01:39:27 PM »
to edit the ammount of modes you need to be in mode 1 (i.e the mode with no led indication)

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2010, 05:04:48 PM »
to edit the ammount of modes you need to be in mode 1 (i.e the mode with no led indication)
right, start editing mode from mode 1 to gain access to mode 4

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2010, 08:54:57 PM »
I did that on purpose. The idea was that what happened if you were able to edit modes from say, mode 3, and you shutoff the modes. The chip would get confused.

You have to always have one mode active, so editting the number of modes can only be done in 'mode 1'.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline EasyE

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2010, 10:13:11 PM »
Has anyone found a good speed for gears of war 2?  I turned the waw signal off and tryed to put it around 8 sps but it seems so much slower than my BMU3 chip 7.42 sps mode i have in my other controller.  Its my favorite game but i cant find the right speed any suggestions?

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2010, 06:09:14 AM »
i had similar issues with this code on gears of war 2....never found a goodspeed for it.... i just ended up giving up and using a older pad of mine..... but it would be nice to use this code on gears aswell... as it is one of my faverate games also...

Spurgurgle d.t com

Offline ste179

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2010, 12:15:31 PM »
Thanx for clearing that up for me :psp: but i have another question for you guys.  While you are in editing mode (3 modes active)editing mode 3 has anyone noticed that the selection between left trigger rf (emode 1)and right trigger rf(emode2) only flash to say its in mode 1 (2 lights flash once)so you hold LT for 3 secs p3+p4 led flash once(emode1) hold LT for 3 secs again p3+p4 led flash once(but your in emode two) i have a matrix controller and everything is working fine so if this is only happening to me how is it possible? :faint:

Offline sozerozero

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2010, 07:22:55 PM »

XD, I finally got around to doing this. Registered with my actual email and all that crap. Was just about to get them when suddenly, BAM. "We currently do not ship to your selected country (Canada)"
Now that just racism, or beaverism since its going against Canadians.
Oh well, :P

Offline ste179

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2010, 05:34:41 AM »
Dude there is quite a few sites that offer samples and even if they don't have a sample order form just email them give them details about your project and most of em will be happy to ssupply you.
Now does anyone know any good modes for cod6 with this mod? Also i've seen a rapid fire vid that makes full auto guns fire faster in cod 5 and 6 (like they r using double tap but faster) is there a way i can do this with this mod or is it only for semi auto guns? Dont get me wrong either guys and start flaming me i'm just asking i'm not putting this mod down buy any means (I LOVE THIS MOD)and if this is what it does i'm more than happy and won't change it unless they bring out a patch to stop flex(doubtfull) i'm just curious about this jitter thing they got on utube and if its the same as burst but with somthing like a repeat burst command(i'm not a programmer lol)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2010, 07:56:41 AM »
this mod dosnt support jitter. robo has a one mode that has jitter.

Offline mlsac

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2010, 12:38:02 PM »
Can you use any diode instead of the 1n4148? I have 1N914 from an old project, and i dont want to go out and buy some more.

Offline Entreated

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2010, 02:27:04 PM »
Okay i have a few issues..
I have wired this all up to a CG controller..

Entering editing mode is fine, going down in value is fine using the mode button, but the left trigger does nothing..
I keep pressing it and it sometimes goes down in value and does random lights etc then goes back to normal.
I have checked and re checked the wiring as well as replaced and resoldered the left trigger wire.
I have re programmed the chip just in case and still no luck.

Anyone care to enlighten me on what else could be the problem?

Thanks in advanced.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2010, 02:36:41 PM »
you have done something wrong. I use this on a cg and it works fine.

Offline Entreated

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2010, 05:18:54 PM »
Noo idea then..
Any suggestions? I find it extremly strange.

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2010, 05:38:08 PM »
well does the trigger work normaly outside of the programming mode.  If not you should check the solder points u could have bridged somthing u should not have.

Offline sozerozero

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2010, 07:58:57 PM »
Alright so I finally received all my parts today and programmed the chip, set up the controller etc.

and in the end nothing happened...
The P3 and P4 LED's would not turn on after I swapped through the modes. The right trigger never shot anything either.
I checked all of my solder joints (accidentally ripping off the P4 SMD, fml) and none of them were bridged.

So I'm assuming now I failed at programming the PIC itself. Anyone have any tutorials for JDM programmers? Or should I just try to re-write the HEX back onto the chip with another program besides winpic?

Offline Entreated

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2010, 02:15:23 AM »
well does the trigger work normaly outside of the programming mode.  If not you should check the solder points u could have bridged somthing u should not have.

Yes left trigger works fine outside programming mode, this is the thing i just have no idea what is up.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2010, 04:48:46 AM »
zero, make sure your power is at true pin #1 its the pin to the LEFT of the dot on your chip, the legs should be down. make sure your leds are turned the correct way. test the trigger even though the leds are not lit see if it rapid fires. if you can teat the chip with the controller on and see if it has power between pins one and eight (the top two)

Entreated, I think its in your head. sorry. try to set a duel wealding mode with the left trigger as RF make sure it works (modded) outside programing mode. it takes a bunch of presses to move very far. you say when it works it makes random led flashes, can you video this.?

let me be very clear, this mod works flawlessly, once installed correctly. if there is a probelm its not with this program or the instructions. If you are having issues with this it cause YOU did something wrong. I will help the best I can, but in the end its your work that needs fixing, not the mod.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 04:51:12 AM by modded matt »

Offline Entreated

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2010, 06:22:12 AM »
When i get home i'll take a look at the wiring and do what you said by checking the modes but how do i set up the left trigger rapid fire on a mode if i can't get access the second funtion in editing mode using the left trigger.

And i wasn't blaming the code, nor was i saying i had everything correct, i was just stating what my situation was and why this was happening and if there were any solutions.

When i first installed the chip i tested with the shell off just to see if the modes and tact were working (didn't go into the programming).
I then put the controller back together and the error stated in a previous post about P3 flash then P3 + P4 flash, but then i took the controller apart again and this error went away which i thought was a bit strange.
I now have no top on the controller and trying to get this to work.

When i get home from work i will having another glance over this and try and figure it out.

EDIT: Okay left trigger is working out of programing mode, so it can't be the left trigger that is the problem.

Okay so let me get this clear (from what i've read in the manual) you hold the mode button 3 seconds to enter programing mode, this then flashes P3 + P4 to let you know what section of the program your under (in my case 1 flash for right trigger), then in sequence the flashes go from P4 to P3 to allow you how many SPS this is set at based on the table that is in the manual. Mode button goes down in hex value increasing the SPS, left trigger goes up in hex value decreasing the SPS, (in my case mode button goes down correctly, but left trigger doesn't increase), then you hold the left trigger for at least 3 seconds to enter the second mode where P3 + P4 would flash twice. (for me the left trigger does nothing)..

Left trigger works out of programing mode but not in programing mode (i think this is the case)..

So from what i've explained above anyone care to help out on what might solve my problem, thanks in advanced.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:44:21 AM by Entreated »

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2010, 07:35:23 AM »
sounds to me like your just having issues understanding how the programming mode works .... you got first set up how many modes you want ie  2,3 or 4.... the go into each mode one by one and set them to the speed, on each trigger. then burst (on or off with x amount of shots), then wave type....... the flashes of the lights looked random to me when i first tried this code ... but know i know to count the flashes of each led to work out which speed its is and which part of therf im editing.... its a little tricky but if it wasnt it wouldnt be as adjustable as it is lol

Spurgurgle d.t com

Offline Entreated

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2010, 07:45:14 AM »
@Spurgurgle

Read my update above.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal