Author Topic: My psp modification plan  (Read 897 times)

Offline MRMODIFY

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
My psp modification plan
« on: April 15, 2010, 03:35:09 PM »
Intro
First things first, I'm new to here and psp modding, i used to do alot with psp's like 3 or 4 years ago when CFW just came about, I'm more used to xbox 360's as that's what i work with most nowadays. I've got like 5 psp's lying around, all with different problems (all completely hackable though except for 2 which i don't know about yet.)
I've got three phat psp's version 1003, and 2 slim psp's version 2003, the 2 slim psp's are the ones I'm not sure about hacking with CFW yet, i will find out soon as I'm experiencing a few problems with my memory card at the moment.. so that will be sorted soon. ANYWAYS

My Plans
I'm pretty sure i know how to install CFW on my psp's as i have done quite a bit of research, so that's not a problem. However I'm looking to add as much modifications as possible like extra speakers, 2Nd thumbstick & sound reactive LED's

My PSP Problems
1: PSP 1003 pretty messed up in all senses of the word; faulty laser, missing the cage thing that the UMD's slot into, UMD door is broken and can come of at any time, several cracks around the faceplate, power switch works when it wants and I'm missing many other buttons like the one to open the UMD door. I'm looking to fix this one up the most as it would be a complete turn around from what its at now :laughing:
2: all the rest of my psp's are pretty fine, and only need like the faceplate changed or something stupid like that xD

Modifications xD
I pretty much want everything possible, without losing anything like the use of the umd door, sound reactive LED's are my main aim though xD

Equipment
My dads a technician so hes got some pretty good equipment, we got like a thousand different resisters lying around and various other things so I'm pretty sure i got everything i need in terms of, wires, soldering and drilling.
This is also why i came to this site... i need to know what i need like a full equipment list of what to get and what not to get, and were to get things from, i don't really like shopping on the internet as I'm kinda scared of the fact theres many scammers out there looking to get there hands on my money xD

Lastly
This is a pretty big first post to this site, but I'm just telling you all my goals, and I'm also asking for your help, i will try to help this forum in any way possible maybe not in the psp section but I'm sure i can help in the computing and xbox 360 section... any questions about this or anything in general just PM me  :tup:

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
Re: My psp modification plan
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 03:41:29 PM »
Awesome... Welcome dude. Just a note on the proper broken PSP, you could just use it for parts in case of mistake or failure.

What sort of mods are you doing? Is it gonna be just software/firmware? Or is there gonna be some casemodding too?

Anyway, I'm not the person to ask. Loads of people round here that are pro at PSP stuff.

Offline MRMODIFY

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 08:54:47 AM »
Hey thanks for the reply! :D
Im going to go with your advice and use my messed up psp as spare parts etc..
I was planning on doing a bit of case modding then adding some custom firmware after ofcourse
I just wanted the things like 2 analog sticks, sound reactive LED's ... you know what i mean xD

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 02:08:06 PM »
Welcome to site MrModify. Have a look around, I am fairly sure there is something here that touches on everything you want to do with your psp. 

Check the tutorial sections and use the search feature.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal