Author Topic: Need help with programmer!  (Read 3972 times)

Offline EasyE

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • Acidmods User
Need help with programmer!
« on: April 10, 2010, 04:56:01 PM »
Ive tried everything i cant get my programmer to write the codes on my chips.  some work but some dont.  I have a JDM programmer a cheap one do you think my settings are wrong or my programmers broke.  It will detect device and say i have the chip in but when it program it says 100% then when i install it only changes to 1 mode help please?

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
Re: Need help with programmer!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 05:12:07 PM »
First of all,you've got to explain your problem in plain English so we can understand what's actually happening.....
Derp.

Offline EasyE

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 11:53:27 PM »
Well i have a jdm programmer and i use winpic 800. I used some of the hex codes on this site and they work but a couple days ago i found a new hex on here and wanted to try it out.  when i went to program it said program all completed 100% but when i installed it the thing wouldnt work, even when i read the code off the chip it came up blank.  I just wanted to know if anyone thought it might be the pic programmer, the settings in winpic, or anything else. hopefully this explained my situation more.  thanks

Post Merge: April 10, 2010, 11:54:57 PM
To sum it up i cant get the hex codes on the chip and didnt know if anyone had any thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:54:57 PM by EasyE »

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 12:12:18 PM »
I'd bet on it being either the pic istelf or the programmer
Derp.

Offline EasyE

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 02:13:03 AM »
The Chip i am using is a 12F683 I/P is this the right chip? It has always worked for me before

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 03:44:00 PM »
I meant you might have a defective or damaged chip,try it with another PIC,preferrably one of a different kind such as the 12f629,or whatever you have laying around..
Derp.

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 12:25:15 AM »
if its a cheap programmer it might be that..... or it could be that it doesnt like winpic....

my first programmer was a cheap one and it kept having issues with win pic.... so in stead of that i used and software that came with the programmer and it worked fine after.

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 05:09:13 AM »
please show us what hex you are using. You state it worked before, now when you program it states 100% but only has one mode......to me it sounds like you are using Robbo3's one mode jitter hex, and you have copy write on, which would make the chip reap blank.

sounds like user error to me

Offline EasyE

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 12:28:48 AM »
I have used robbos jitter hex before, how do i chang copy write off in winpic? if you have to pm of post here.  thanks alot everyone

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 05:05:28 AM »
I use micropro with my jdm programmer and it works perfect.  Give micropro a shot and see if this fixes your problem.  If it does not, then your programmer is garbage.

Offline EasyE

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 09:39:43 AM »
For some reason its just the hex codes that are posted on the site.  I can get hazers BMU3 and GF to work but any other hex file that i download wont work.  Its gotta be something in the settings with my winpic or micropro.  I got a new programmer and pic but still not working. help if you got any ideas? Thanks

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 10:17:10 AM »
Are the hexs not downloading?  Or they dont work when you try to program them?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 10:34:29 AM »
its cause I put a hex on you lol....

no really give me a link to the files you are downloading. let me take and look at them and we will go from there. do they end with .hex or .txt
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:34:56 AM by modded matt »

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 10:45:27 AM »
O ya, if you download it and it comes up as .txt , then you can rename it to .hex

Offline EasyE

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 02:19:40 PM »
The files are saved as .hex and download all the way.  When i go to program the chip it will tell me it has programed but when i install it comes up blank and when i read the chip with my programmer it comes up blank.  When i use Hazers BMU3 it works fine with no problem.  I tryed robbos jitter and they worked before but now when i tred to put them back on the chip it wont work.  I like Crazy Modders 6 mode alot but now i tryed that and cant get it to work either.  Its probley something simple im just being a Dumb :censored:.
Thanks again

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 05:10:05 AM »
most of the free codes on this site are protected. in the program menu, after you try to read the chip, and it comes up blank, there should be a tab or icon which reads "all protect" or something of that nature. that is because they dont want you trying to alter the hex, or steel their hardwork. If your programmer stats that the programing was successful, then install the chip acording to its wiring diagram (all are different) and go with it. if it dotn work, it could be two other things, 1. the code is no good, or 2. your wiring is no good.

provide me a like to exactly what code and install diagram you are having problems with so I can verify functionality, second request. help me help you. I have other people I could be helping. last time I will ask

Offline EasyE

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 01:47:31 AM »
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=35170.0;attach=1359

There is robbos jitter rapid fire code.  Thats the one i have been trying to install.  The wiring setup i have used is the same as hazers BMU3 just with the Y solder point of course.  I have a pic socket and just switch the chips in and out of my controller.  This hex has worked with my wiring before but wont work now.  I went through and resolder today but still not working.  Hope this helps you understand my situation more.

Post Merge: May 05, 2010, 01:48:42 AM
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=35170.0;attach=1363

There is robbos jitter rapid fire code.  Thats the one i have been trying to install.  The wiring setup i have used is the same as hazers BMU3 just with the Y solder point of course.  I have a pic socket and just switch the chips in and out of my controller.  This hex has worked with my wiring before but wont work now.  I went through and resolder today but still not working.  Hope this helps you understand my situation more.
V2 is the exact hex code im using 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 01:54:51 AM by EasyE »

Offline EasyE

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 08:09:56 PM »
I got it.  It was my settings i had to turn the cp off.  thats it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal