Author Topic: Play & Charge - Help And Advice Needed  (Read 1705 times)

Offline strpwnedulol

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods Learner
Play & Charge - Help And Advice Needed
« on: April 23, 2010, 07:58:11 AM »
Well, I Have 2 or 3 X-Box 360 Charge and Play/Plug and Play/Play and Charge Kits and Was Wondering If I Could Use Those To Program My Chips (12f683-I/P, PIC16F84A-04/P, and PIC16F688-I/P-ND)...

For Ex: (In The Diagram(s) HERE ) Instead Of Soldering The Programmer To A DB-9 Serial Connector, Solder It To The Leads On A Cable From One Of My Kits...
(I'm referring to something like this: CLICK HERE)

How Would I Do So? (What Leads Go Where?; Can It Work?; Will It Work With Any Programming Software?; ETC...)

Thanks in advance.
-Josh

EDIT: I Found A Schematic Of The PnC Cable: HERE But I Don't Know How To Read It/Understand It/Apply This Knowledge.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 08:55:47 AM by strpwnedulol »

Stupid People Do Stupid Things... And Judging By Your Post; You Are One Of Them.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Play & Charge - Help And Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 09:48:18 AM »
it is posible, on some devices some are allow ICP and some dont. have you ever programed these chips before?

The 12f683 is 8 pin and the other two are 16pin, what might I ask you are doing with them? the 16f84A I have only ever seen used for spitfire which is a dead end mod. the 16f688 is a newer chip but i have not seen it used on any xbox related projects.

Offline strpwnedulol

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods Learner
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 11:41:22 AM »
I'm Not Sure About Actual Possibility.
But in Theory....

Also:
12f683 Chips = For R/F Controllers
16f688 Chips = For R/F Controllers Using The Schematics In The Attached PDF File ( I also attached the programmer shown in the PDF -( Rename The Picture To A Zip File... )- If you do not trust me or something then don't download it  :eyebrow: )
16f84A Chips = for friends who complain about  hard to reach controller buttons (they have small hands almost like a 10year old.)

Stupid People Do Stupid Things... And Judging By Your Post; You Are One Of Them.

Offline Brainstorm32

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 11:56:25 AM »
Where is this programmer software. I would like to test it out. It shows a s Jpeg file

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 12:27:44 PM »
this looks like one awsome mod. I can do the play and charge programmer, but in doing so, you will no longer be able to use the play and charge function. I pmed you.

Offline Brainstorm32

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 06:14:37 PM »
Nevermind. If I could read I would have noticed that the file needed to be changed to a zip file :wacko:

Offline strpwnedulol

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods Learner
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 10:56:04 AM »
I pmed you.
I Replied.

Nevermind. If I could read I would have noticed that the file needed to be changed to a zip file :wacko:
Reading Does Help...  :yess:

Post Merge: April 25, 2010, 02:32:41 PM
Tell Me If I'm Wrong, But Is The Info Correct In The Excel Table Here Correct?

Post Merge: April 26, 2010, 02:30:42 PM

i found this, and if im not mistaking the ICSPDAT and ICSPCLK go to the respectable DATA + and DATA - of the USB-cord/PnC-Cable and the + and The - Go To the Power And Ground Of The USB-Cord/PnC-Cable And then i dont know about the Vpp Maybe An External Battery???
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 02:30:42 PM by strpwnedulol »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal