Author Topic: Warranty question  (Read 2548 times)

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
Warranty question
« on: May 01, 2010, 01:26:48 PM »
well my 360 finally burned up. the manuf. date is 2006-06-05

do you think i can still send it in for free repairs even though its been more than 3 years?

it does have all the gamestop refurb stickers on the back but the silver M$ sticker is still intact in the front. (not modded or anything)

what if i did send it in and they decide that i must pay them to repair it?

will they not give it back if i dont pay or what? never messed with warranty before so i dont really know what happens.

thnx, will
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS   )                -1 GameCube
-1 PS2 (fa              -2 OG Gameboys
-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline Youji29

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Warranty question
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 01:52:07 PM »
1st call xbox...cause they will have to set a repair order for you...and 2nd if it was already repaired by others..the warranty will be void...call them up 1st if i were you..been with xbox customer support...and btw..forgot how many years is the warranty...sorry..<<dont have xbox..hehe..

also dont send in other accesories..including power chords , block and hard drive..just the xbox itself..

Remember to call before sending it..or youll have a big problem..

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 02:05:06 PM »
if it is not red ringed then it is voided acctually it probably is still voided any way cause its probably been longer then 3 years after hte orginal warenty but thats me guessing. Any way if it is out of warenty then they will not fix it for free.

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 02:23:46 PM »
i called them but it was the cycles of the machine lady.  they said to go online for repair orders. anyway of talking to a live person?
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 04:16:06 PM »
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 01:59:06 PM by SN!P3R »
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline tooandrew

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 04:28:15 PM »
they're gonna charge you like $60-90$. your warranty is not void, but it is expired. Look up the x clamp fix. all you need is bolts, metal washers, nylon washers, isopropyl (rubbing) alchohol, and artic silver thermal paste (and the tools to open it)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:30:01 PM by tooandrew »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 04:32:45 PM »
it takes a while but yea stay on the line

take it to gamestop, they will give you a discount on a new one. that one served its purpose, and you got your moneys worth.

Offline tooandrew

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 04:40:43 PM »
the three year warranty is only for the rrod anyways, and thats the longest warranty there is. you said it's been more than 3 yrs. what all is wrong with it? x clamp will fix e79 and rrod and if its a disc drive error buy a new dvd drive, dump the fw on the original, get the dvd key from the dump and spoof it to your new drive, then it will work.

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 04:51:01 PM »
i talked to gamestop and they no longer are allowed to accept any RROD 360s.

say if i ship it in and they charge me, do i have the option to say that i do not want it to be fixed and they will just mail back as  is? or are they keep it like ransom until I pay?

should i just take off the gamestop refurb stickers since gamestop are a-holes and dont ablige to anything after the 1year warranty (that is if you bought one) before shipping to M$?
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline tooandrew

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 10:08:59 PM »
dude im telling you, the warranty is expired, and i am pretty sure that even with no warranty sticker, microsoft will still repair it, considering you'll have to pay for it, anyways.

I'd say attempt the x clamp fix, worst case scenario, you mess it up (somehow. it's really really easy) and send it to microsoft. i recommend searching "i-hacked.com x clamp fix tutorial" and take a look at it. it's totally doable, man. you dont even need a soldering iron, or anything dude. also, the artic silver paste you replace the thermal paste with promotes better heat dissipation. as long as you've got the case open, you can do the 12v fan mod. much mo betta.

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 10:58:46 PM »
the thing is i have two other RROD 360s that i could only revive one. did xclamp and heatgun... its unforuntately only a temporary fix.  i want something more reliable like a MS professionally done.
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline tooandrew

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 11:16:27 PM »
not temporary, just improve the cooling, it'll be fine. if you have a reflow station, that is a better fix, as it reflows the whole board, but the x clamp reflows  the cpu and gpu.

Offline Youji29

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 11:31:02 PM »
call them 1st..cause even if you send it to them right now without calling them..they wont fix it..cause they have no repair orders...

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 11:40:56 PM »
what if i place one with the online repair request first? since the automated lady said to go online for the repair stuff
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Youji29

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 12:59:15 AM »
you can...but if i were ask them 1st if the repair is free or what..if its not free..go online repair..its much cheaper..

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 12:55:57 PM »
Either way it's the same price...Your warranty never existed because it was a gamsetop refurb, and the sticker was already voided. X-clamp is temporary fix, your better off with the heatgun method. My best recommendation for you at this point is to just buy a new xbox, they are only $200. Sell this xbox on ebay and you can probably get around $40-50.

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 12:32:44 AM »
ehh.. imma just open it up.  since it was refurb. model it has the new xclamp with the black screws that screw into the casing.  how are these? do they get the job done?  should i keep them and use them or should use regular screws?
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Itchy

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 01:45:23 PM »
I deal with Microsoft
they donot charge you if the warranty is out of date to fix it or send it back they just contact you and tell you that its out of warranty or its been opened they then give the option to have it fixed (for money) or sent back at no cost.

Before anyone asks no I cant give you a number to ring or contact email thats for those who do that sort of thing for a living  :cool: and if your already doing it for a living then you should already have it.

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2010, 01:54:17 PM »
i was like screw M$, so I took it apart myself and heatgunned it. works since then. thanks for the information though. good to know. I just can't believe 3 years has already past by since it came out.
MY CONSOLE LIST:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal