Author Topic: someone finally stands up to sony  (Read 1538 times)

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
someone finally stands up to sony
« on: May 02, 2010, 01:43:03 AM »
someone finally filed a class action lawsuit against sony over the removal of the otheros feature full PDF of the filed suit

http://www.ps3-hacks.com/2010/04/30/sony-gets-served-with-a-class-action-lawsuit/

must say read through it and this lawyer sounds like he knows his $hit brings up alot of points where sony advertised and promoted the feature thought i would post it here so others could read up on it as well enjoy

krazyone2006

p.s anyone who bought a phat ps3 between november of 2006 through march of 2010 and didn't resell it can join in the suit :tup:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 01:45:30 AM by krazyone2006 »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: someone finally stands up to sony
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 08:02:21 AM »
That's the most retarded and bull:censored: idea I've ever heard of. I hope you all lose.

What you idiots don't realize is that Sony is allowed to remove or add features as they deem fit.

Offline fightfan311

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 08:09:14 AM »
Holy crap!!! It sounds like Sony might be in a world of sh.1t. I currently own 3 PS3s that were bought in the specified time frame..... I mean, I'm a loyal Sony customer for 15 years(since ps1 !!) and this is how they treat their faithful consumers?? I want in! Do you think I should just call the lawyer's office on the lawsuit and ask to be added as a plaintiff?

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 08:19:12 AM »
yeah but to take away a feature that was a advertised selling point and deciding feature for ppl who spent the $600 to use it for a PC or to learn the cell processer and theres even talk of the colleges that chang ganged together 100's of ps3 for the processing power alone are supposidly already signed onto this sony won't get away with it

fightfan yeah call the lawyers office and they will take your info thats what some of my friends have done already

pspicks glad you like it when a copmpany takes things away from ppl who payed the extra money for it maybe you didn't use the feature or understand it so don't knock the ppl who did know how to use and did use it for what it was there for
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 08:27:19 AM by krazyone2006 »

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 08:26:12 AM »
i hope they all win and kick sony's ass in the process. a company shouldn't have the right to remove a feature that they not only included from the start (especially if it isnt a feature that uses there network & company resources) but also advertised as one of the feature of the console.
you wouldn't like it if nokia sold a everyone phone then turned round and said hey were not liking this feature of been able to call people on your phones so how about the next time you update it were going to take the phone feature out, oh and btw until you upgrade were not going to let you have access to any of our other services that we included when we sold you the device.

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline fightfan311

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 08:27:38 AM »
That's the most retarded and bull:censored: idea I've ever heard of. I hope you all lose.

What you idiots don't realize is that Sony is allowed to remove or add features as they deem fit.

But I think legally they might have a point. It would be like going to buy a car, selecting a specific one because it has......oh I dunno.....some super-advanced 4 wheel drive features that no  other cars have. You're paying more for it than any other car in it's class, and a couple of years after you have the car, the manufacturer impliments a mandatory all of that model to remove the 4 wheel drive feature that you have been enjoying for years.  If you don't participate in the recall you will no longer be able to use your onboqard navigation system, get your vehicle serviced at an authorized dealer, or use any of the other premium features on your car.. Sounds like a lawsuit to me.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 08:32:23 AM »
Sounds like retardation to me...Sony's allowed to do what they want with THEIR consoles.
Same as anything else.

Whether Sony wins or loses doesn't matter.

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 03:14:20 PM »

This.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal