Author Topic: LG W2261VP  (Read 2791 times)

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
LG W2261VP
« on: May 02, 2010, 08:06:40 AM »
 Product: LG W2261VP 'Flatron' 22 inch Monitor
Price: £150
Score: 4/5

**EVEN THOUGH SOME PICTURES LOOK BLURRY OR WASHED OUT IT IS NOT THE CASE.... I JUST HAD TO USE A LO-QUALITY LAPTOP WEBCAM TO TAKE THEM**

Introduction

The w2261vp is a TFT monitor that uses TN panel technology. It Has a max resolution of 1920x1080 and supports 1080p. It is a brilliant budget monitor at around £150.

Quick Look

Quality: 1080p
Contrast: 1000:1 to around 20000:1
Screen Size: 21.5 inches
Ratio: 16:9
Input: Power, D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI
Output: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
Screen: LCD TFT, No glass
Drivers: DVD with Software included

Build Quality

Straight out of the box this thing is beautiful. It has a sweet bezel on the back much like macs, and a gloss black laquer all over. Looks pretty, but it's hell to dust. There is 5 buttons on the side that are hidden from view, which is annoying, especially when attempting to adjust the monitor. The stand it comes with has limited tilt, pitiful really, but as a monitor, it doesn't matter too much to me. Also there are no speakers, so make sure to get some PC speakers to use with it.

Features

Insane as it may sound, this product has the most epic power button ever. It's the most fun I've ever had with a single switch. It's similar to the sensor inside an optical mouse, when you cup your hand around the glossy plastic, a red light cones on, and the beauty comes to life.

The 5 buttons on the side control:
- Fun (4:3 mode, Cinema Mode, Effects, EZ Zoom)
- Menu (Image, Colour, Settings)
- f-Engine (Image Presets)
- Input Select
- Select Button

Even though it takes around 5 or 10 mins to properly set up this monitor, the results are well worth it. A mega contrast and sharpness creates a clean, crisp, yet colourful image. And believe me, having gone f r o m an old CRT to this... Well, it's mind-boggling.

Testing

I tested this monitor with two games:

Burnout Paradise for colour and detail test
Call of Duty 4 for response and sharpness test

Colour and detail in 1080p is phenomenal. And I'm glad to say this monitor does it proud. Beautiful landscapes and colours I never knew existed jumped f r o m the screen.

Burnout Paradise

As for response and sharpness, there really is no better at this price. Because of the sharpness in conjunction with resolution, the visible distance is much longer and enemies are much more defined. The response is pretty much instant (2-5ms) and is perfect for intense FPS games

Call of Duty 4

Conclusion

I highly recommend this monitor for PC nuts and gamers alike. There are some minor gripes, however these shouldn't affect most people. Just remember to buy an HDMI Cable, as one isn't included.

Pros:
- Image Quality and Sharpness
- Contrast
- Range of inputs
- Power Button

Cons:
- Stand has little tilt
- Has to be cleaned a lot
- Important Buttons hidden f r o m view.
- Lack of Speakers

Build Quality: 3.5/5
Value for money: 5/5
Features: 3.5/5

Overall: 4/5 - THE gamers' screen - and at a budget price too!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 08:26:12 AM by HiddenVenom »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal