Author Topic: How are the new Xclamps?  (Read 1563 times)

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
How are the new Xclamps?
« on: May 03, 2010, 11:24:30 PM »
So i opened up a refurbished 360 and it has the xclamps with the black screws that connect to the metal case.  how are they? should i continue to use them or should i chuck them out and use M5 screws?
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS   )                -1 GameCube
-1 PS2 (fa              -2 OG Gameboys
-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: How are the new Xclamps?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 04:28:29 AM »
those are the xclamps which have come in every xbox I have exer opened

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 04:56:30 AM »
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 01:58:18 PM by SN!P3R »
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 01:10:37 PM »
these xclamps arent the ones that just hook in.  it has that direct screw into the case
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »
show pics or it dont exist

they all have a black screw that goes through the case.the xclamp clips onto the stud, and the stund has threads in it, the black screw goes through the cage and into the xclamp stud. never seen anything different

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 02:25:16 PM »
yea that was what i meant

must have not been clear sorry

but i did  open a really old 360 that didnt even have black screws and were just clip on.  i know those are crap to chuck out.  but how are the black screw ones ??
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 03:13:13 PM »
nope, sory dude there has never been a xclamp revision. the clamps, studs, and black screws have always been there.

to answer your question, its not a problem with the xclamp. the problem is with heat. if you can keep it cool the xclamps wont matter

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 03:58:11 PM »
any other way of keeping it cool if you dont have the newer heat sinks, you dont have the money for watercooling and you prefer not to start the jet engines in the back?  could you makeshift an extension for the gpu heatsink?
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 04:03:44 PM »
people have differnet openions. I would not do the xclamp fix until it was needed, some say do it as soon as your out of warranty...
as for keeping it cool, keep it clean!! add a fan in front of the heat sinks, add small heat sinks to the hana and other chips. etc

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 04:26:26 PM »
anything else i could do for the GPU specifically? since i have noticed my other 360s having issues with the GPU more than the CPU... is it possible to even get a fan for the GPU?
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Itchy

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 01:38:03 PM »
any other way of keeping it cool if you dont have the newer heat sinks, you dont have the money for watercooling and you prefer not to start the jet engines in the back?  could you makeshift an extension for the gpu heatsink?

easy to keep it cool dont turn it on  :rofl: 
In my experience and I do have a lot of it in console repairs its just pot luck having a different fan or the new heatsinks dosent make a difference (opened one once and found a old type cpu heatsink that microsoft had put a solid copper bottom on it guess what it still had rrod  :boxed:)yes they will run cooler but Ive seen no difference - those people who brought the red edition res evil xbox those are starting to fall over now with the age old rrod problem untill a new design comes out its just going to be pot luck if it fails

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal