Author Topic: Killzone 3...D? (and a small rant...)  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Spriche

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Killzone 3...D? (and a small rant...)
« on: May 22, 2010, 11:49:50 PM »
Looks like there is yet another game jumping on the 3D bandwagon.The latest issue of Gamepro magazine has exclusive details on Killzone 3. In the article there are reportedly, gameplay elements such as jetpacks, arctic environments and the game will be fully playable in 3D.  Hopefully we will actually get to see the game in action at E3, which is turning into E3-D.

It seems like 3D is the new motion control. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure 3D games and systems like the 3DS will,like motion gaming has, bring us some compelling experiences.  Unfortunately, at the same time 3D gaming will, like motion gaming, more than likely bring us awful, rushed, gimmicky, shovelware the world could probably do without. If manufacturers can get the cost of 3D sets down and it is used on games that make sense, it could be the next step in gaming.

If not, 3D gaming could be sharing an exhibit with the Virtual Boy in the halls of failed game ideas.

Source

Kotaku

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
Re: Killzone 3...D? (and a small rant...)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 04:28:36 AM »
True. I've never felt 3D to be anything more than a gimmick. Impressive as it is, I will never be truly impressed until holographic games come to exist.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal