Author Topic: psp 1001 won't work, tried pandora not working  (Read 1555 times)

Offline heclaboy82

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
psp 1001 won't work, tried pandora not working
« on: June 03, 2010, 11:08:28 AM »
hi, I am in need of assistance to see how can I fix this psp. A friend of mine dropped his psp and now it won't work. The green light comes on and stays on, no other lights sound, nothing. The only way  to turn off the light is to take out the battery or unplug the ac adapter. It's a psp 101 fat. Motherboard# ta-086. I tried pandora, nothing happens. I checked the pandora and mms on another psp and it works. I took the broken psp apart and put it back together, nothing happened. Then I took it apart again to see if the moBo was cracked, could see anything wrong. When I went to put it together, I plugged the ac adapter on before I put the faceplate and it turned on, but after 10 sec it turned off. It went back to green light on and stay on. I tried swapping the abxy circuit board with a working psp and the board works on the other psp, but the broken psp reacts the same.  So now I would like to know how can this be fixed. I just don't want to tell my friend to buy another moBo and that doesn't work. Have anyone else expirience this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Offline K.A.O.

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: psp 1001 won't work, tried pandora not working
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 01:39:43 PM »
it may be the black light fuse that has blown. bridge it an see what happens :tup:

Offline heclaboy82

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 01:55:39 PM »
I'm not getting sound either so I doubt that the backlight fuse is bad.

Offline Fayt_Chanya

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 03:59:32 PM »
Could be the LCD cable has become loose, in which case take it apart and remove the lcd completely, Then place it back in and see if it works. If it isnt that, try doing the same thing to the power board, those seem to be the bigget problem with the PSP.

Thats all I got.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal