Author Topic: E3 2010 Condensed Day 2 (Nintendo)  (Read 997 times)

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
E3 2010 Condensed Day 2 (Nintendo)
« on: June 15, 2010, 10:04:13 AM »
Day 2 of E3 2010 Starting off with the Nintendo Spotlight

This is not finished. I will continue to update it throughout the day as I receive the information. Please hold your comments until I am finished. Thanks -TwisT

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is everything the fan base could hope for in a new game and Wii motion plus only sweetens the pot and improves those little imperfections from the last game.  A specific date was not given for the official release of the new Legend of Zelda game. This is because it isn’t finished. We can look forward to playing it next year.

It seems that Wii is actually more popular than the PS3 and the 360 combined. In the last Year more Wii games have been bought than any other console in history. They also stated that more people intend to buy a Wii than intend to buy one of the other two top consoles combined. A group also did a study that shows that people play there Wii’s more than other console players, and they are not only playing Wii Sports or anything like that.

Just Dance looks highly addicting like the sort of multiplayer game you’d have at your parties. Quite colorful and has a up beat sound track.

Golden Sun Dark Dawn for the Nintendo DS will be available this holiday. A brief video of game play was shown but it didn’t show anything of note. I was too busy drooling and wanting it now to keep notes. It’s Golden Sun it has to be great otherwise an angry mob will end up at their offices.

Golden Eye like we all remember back on the N64 will also be in stores this holiday season. The game looks better than the first one, but anybody that remembers the original game knows looks are not everything. The multiplayer is everything you remember and more.

Disney’s Epic Mickey looks good. Mickey Mouse uses paint and paint thinner to complete the tasks in his world. You can use thinner and erase obstacles or you can use paint to create a path and turn enemies into friends. Play style will matter in this game, how you solve problems determines how the characters around you react to you, what they tell you and what they don’t.

Kirby’s Epic Yarn has a new art style and will be available this Fall. In the game play Kirby unzips, pulls threads pulls buttons to modify the level around him so he can complete the level. Such as pulling a button and tightening the thread to pull the level closer to you.
Dragon Quest 9 will be released in 26 days. If you are a fan of the Dragon Quest line of games I don’t have much to say. Over 125 side quests, multiple wifi quests, over 900 items to customize characters with, tag mode finds other players and adds more characters and maps to your game.

Nintendo 3DS will have a 3D slider that will let you adjust the effect of the top screen’s 3D. It includes an analog stick known as the slide pad. It does include one camera on the inside lid. However on the outside of the lit it has two cameras because it is able to take a picture and then you are able to view it in 3D.

The hardware supports communication through wifi access without you having to do anything to activate it. It communicates between other 3DS no matter what game you are playing. This will lead to new stages, ghost data, new ranking and much, much more.
A long list of companies were shown that intend to make games for the 3DS, including Square Enix with Kingdom Hearts. A Metal Gear Solid will be made. Ridge Racer and so many more titles. So many that I can’t type fast enough and pay attention so. So it is easy to see that the 3DS will have a huge launch base and it will take hand held gaming by storm. No glasses are required to play this game.

They gave the viewers in the studio the chance to play the new 3DS. They had some beautiful models walk out holding the 3DS… On a side note these had steel cable locks attached to them and to the models belt. The new console will include a tilt sensors. It will also support viewing 3D movies. One of the examples given was "How to train your dragon".

With Nintendo’s new line up they have certainly raised the bar. I am not sure if anybody not even Sony can top the 3DS.

[To be continued]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 02:09:22 PM by TwisTtheTwiTcH »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal