Author Topic: Hey guys  (Read 1506 times)

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
Hey guys
« on: July 02, 2010, 06:10:59 PM »
I'm looking for another car. I found a 2003 Mustang Convertible with 93k on it. It's about a 2 1/2 drive from me. What I want to know is what should I test on the 'stang when I go to test drive it? The ones I already know are the A/C, Top, etc, but I need some moar points so I don't get screwed over
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
Re: Hey guys
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 06:18:09 PM »
The major things you want to look for before you even start the car is engine oil, engine coolant, or any sort of leaks.  Make sure the coolant does not have a rusty look and make sure the oil is not charcoal black.  If you see any sort of leaks around the valve covers or the head, don't buy it.  Also when you start the car, listen close for any sort of exhaust leaks coming from the manifold or where the manifold meats the rest of the exhaust system.  Also test the lights in the gauge cluster buy turning the key to the on position (without starting the vehicle)  and make sure the check engine, oil, tire pressure if it has one, and all those little emergency lights come on.  Just letting you know from my little bit of experience :cool:

Offline CRooKeD aNTLeR

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • NUT UP OR SHUT UP
Re: Hey guys
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 02:57:17 PM »
basically what crazy said and that there is no mysterious ticking sounds in the engin compartment... make sure all the lines are intact and not leaking... you should be fine if you have questions ask if you can take it for a test drive, take it to a auto zone and they will check to see if anything is wrong with it by plugging their computer into your car for free. hope this helped

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal