Author Topic: Few Painting Questions (sorry if they've already been asked)  (Read 2549 times)

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
First off, wanting to paint my 360 along with the 2 controllers I have. Secondly, already looked at a few threads and I know to use Krylon Fusion spray paint, now to the questions.

1. Should I sand down the controllers/case even though I am using the krylon fusion for plastic spray paint? If so what type of sand paper (how rough that is, idc about brands lol)?
2. Will using a clear coat after painting make flat colors a little glossy?
3. When I paint the faceplate, how should I properly remove the plastic for the lights? Will they just pop right out/back in?
4. Is there a certain temperature to paint in? If so what are the effects of painting in a warmer/colder environment?
5. Also any paint color combinations are welcome, was thinking of going with a flat black with a blue secondary though.

Sorry about asking so many questions, just my first time painting a console along with controllers and they are my only ones so messing up would kinda suck. Plus I have really bad OCD so if something turns out not great I won't be happy with it :P

P.S. If anyone has any additional pointers/tips to add onto the answers to my questions please feel free to add them. Anything to make the paintjob better is appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:48:03 PM by Monk3y »

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
Re: Few Painting Questions (sorry if they've already been asked)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 03:12:34 PM »
1st yes just scruff it down with wire wool then spray it.
2nd depends what clear coat you have. there are a few types-matt-satin-gloss
3rd not sure i,ve only painted a ps3. i guess just mask it off with tape
4th a warmer can spays more cleanly>get it to room temp-no more or the can may explode
5th hmmmm... i've always liked matt black and dark purple. black and blue is toooooooo common.
good luck if you need any help just ask me

thanks toad and indy for the sigglys

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 03:22:59 PM »
Ummm...is wire wool a brand or what? also once you sand it down is it good to wash it down with cold water afterwards?

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 03:49:27 PM »
wire wool is like cotton wool but made of wire :p . no its not a brand i think, just clean it with rubbing alcohol.

thanks toad and indy for the sigglys

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 04:13:42 PM »
Should I let it then self dry after cleaning it with the alcohol or wipe it off with a cloth?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal