Author Topic: Lets See Your Gamer Cave!  (Read 6113 times)

Offline MW2hack

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sex, Drugs & MW2
Lets See Your Gamer Cave!
« on: July 18, 2010, 08:36:45 AM »
I did a search and it did not come up with much as to where you guys spend those hours (added up to days) playing your favorite thing we all love. Gaming!

I finished off this part of our house exclusively to get away and gamer out. The living room and family room upstairs either had bad lighting (sun light) or was just too active in our house. This area was going to be a laundry/utility room/large hallway & sitting area, but after finding myself "sick" over Xbox 360, I spent the last months finishing off this area and relocating the laundry in our mud room. I wanted an area where I could sit down, invite fellow Xbox freaks over, mix a drink and have some privacy away from the hustle & bustle of the upper levels. Once you set your mind to anything, it can get done. Only took a couple months and a couple friends, some beer and deep thoughts. Well maybe a little heavy on the deep thoughts. Not much more could be done in this space. Still have a couple things to finish like hooking up the electrical, hooking the low voltage for more sound, and finishing off the wet serving area/bar (temp bar for now). I couldn't wait though. After getting a couple great deals on the seating and a  55' 1080p / 120Hz / LED-LCD HDTV, I got it setup and playing MW2.

I figure some of you guys & gals have some awesome gaming rooms and areas. I would like to see some images of what you guys & gals are doing to make you gaming room/area unique. I want to do some more decorating in Xbox fashion. :help:

One tip I can give ya to keep family members who do not game from using the area is DO NOT PROVIDE CABLE OR SATELLITE ACCESS. :winker: Oh and keep Netflix, Zune & the fact the gaming systems today play DVD's on the down low. :rofl: I did sneak in a digital TV antenna though.
"I am in it for the money!"

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
Re: Lets See Your Gamer Cave!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 10:05:01 AM »
nothin special but it does the job

Room:

Desktop:

Offline MW2hack

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sex, Drugs & MW2
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 11:26:24 AM »
Nice desk top & that is a pretty sweet office setup. Nice having the PC right with the gaming equipment. If you are married, you can always say "I am working" lol! Nice & thanks for sharing.

That is one thing I have on the list and I put it up a couple notches since seeing your setup. I want to integrate my laptop with my TV & system (music, movies, & browser) a little better than I do now. I really do not want (do not want) to but & fab a swing away bracket R.A.M. mount deal. My wireless mouse does a good job on a new battery from that distance, but I have to use my pants as a mouse pad because the fabric the couches are made out of does not work for a darn. I also would like to look into wireless key boards also, maybe.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 11:27:01 AM by MW2hack »

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 12:22:31 PM »
you should look into getting one of these. they're a little pricey but i think the added convenience would be worth it in the long run.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=logitech+dinovo&x=7&y=30

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 02:39:43 PM »
Here's mine.

I've lived with this setup for years, minus the second monitor. That was a recent addition this year :3

Pretty much how my desktop is always set up:

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 03:55:17 PM »

That's how I am rocking my gaming.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 04:06:17 PM by Monk3y »

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 04:12:51 PM »
minifridges are nasty. i got mine from my stepdad when he moved out, these days i wonder how i ever lived without it :D

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 11:56:25 PM »
I'm really liking your setup jacobia, like your desk and dresser are nice looking and really organized. Looks good man. and I agree, mini fridges are the :censored:. I don't have to go downstairs for my mountain dew anymore haha.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 12:29:31 AM »
Here's mine.
I've lived with this setup for years, minus the second monitor. That was a recent addition this year :3

I have that exact same mouse.  It's pricey but it's so worth it.

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 07:49:04 AM »
I'm really liking your setup jacobia, like your desk and dresser are nice looking and really organized. Looks good man. and I agree, mini fridges are the :censored:. I don't have to go downstairs for my mountain dew anymore haha.

thanks man. i usually move everything around after a couple months because i get tired of it but i like this one too much

also where's kicks? didnt he finish his new rig recently? i wanna see how his setup looks
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:51:23 AM by jacobia jacob »

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 11:32:14 AM »
Yea Jacob I am the exact same way, I get tired of my setup all the time and have to move things around.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 06:47:37 PM »
this is where I game:

this is where I mod:

Offline gunner7553

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • will void warranty
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 12:50:27 AM »
Here it is what do you think :tup:? oh and i forgot about my two broken modded controllers :rofl:.

Gaming cave 7/20/2010

Offline Jamie

• ~~ Xbox 360 And SMF Lover ~~
  • Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • SMF Genius
    • X360 Rockers
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 10:45:40 AM »
Id show you if i kept it in a place

I have alot of travel packs cuz im movin my cosoles everywhere in my house :P and other places

Soon ill have a place :P

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 10:58:26 AM »
this is where I mod:

So much cleaner then mine..

L0rdNiC0 Pioneering Mods on the PSP Slim :taunt:
Sound Mod, Button LED Mod, Security Mod, Dual NUB, Mode Select Switch + More

Offline MW2hack

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sex, Drugs & MW2
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 08:08:35 PM »
Nice set ups guy! :clap:

I like Matt's gaming area and for sure his modding area. I am new to modding gaming systems (thanks to acid mods & it's staff and members I am learning a ton), but have been around microprocessors and soldering in the past. It's been nice these last couple weeks building integrated circuit printed circuit boards & programming mp's again. This is now my new modding area now:

I am addicted now to figuring out new methods at mods for the Xbox. I hope in the future to give back some info to where I learned some cool stuff (acid mods).

Ask my wife lol! When it comes to this kind of stuff I get crazy involved and willing to anything to help others & figure out cool stuff. LOL

Thanks for those who have shared so far. Gaming isn't just a hobby, it can be a lifestyle.  :victory:

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 08:13:02 PM by MW2hack »

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 09:15:47 AM »
This is where I mod

my computer: