Author Topic: LED Swap stays on when controller is off HELP!!!  (Read 2649 times)

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
LED Swap stays on when controller is off HELP!!!
« on: July 23, 2010, 02:43:21 PM »
So i just swapped my green LEDs with RED leds in my Wireless Matrix board style 360 Controller.  Whenever i put in my recharge pack, the quadrants 1 and 4 are very dimmly lit but the quadrants 2 and 3 are a lot brighter (not as bright as it was on, but still much more brighter than dim). controller works fine and all leds work fine when it is powered on. but when turned off that happens

Any suggestions?!?
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS   )                -1 GameCube
-1 PS2 (fa              -2 OG Gameboys
-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: LED Swap stays on when controller is off HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 03:00:54 PM »
what? are the lights on when the controllr is off? see if it happens with batteries.
do you have rapidfire?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 03:01:24 PM by modded matt »

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 03:41:27 PM »
When the controller is off P2 and P3 are noticeably on rather than dim.  I tried with regular batteries and it does not happen.  I think it may have something to do with the rechargeable packs.  and NO rapidfire.  JUST LED SWAP on Stock  matrix controller

thnx for a quick reply matt!
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline eNeRGy

• BioLogic Mods
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 06:44:56 PM »
I would suggest a button added between lights and power source so you can turn it off.  Other than that idk what is wrong because my lights go off when no power is from my rechargable....
..::BioLogic Mods::..
__"Why play fair?"__

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 05:45:15 AM »
never seen this, I doubt you can fix it though. it seems to be bleed through the voltage is seeping through even when its off. the play and charge use the 4 center pins to power the controller, where the batteries use the springy terminals.

IDK sorry.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 03:20:47 PM »
It's a common issue with some of the Wireless Matrix controllers and can be seen on some when using the PnC pack and the stock Green LEDs, but it's more prominent when using Red LEDs as they have a lower forward voltage than any other color. Some controllers do it, some don't, but it's nothing that's going to hurt the controller or drain your batteries overnight or anything, just annoying is all.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 03:36:43 PM by RDC »
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 10:07:02 PM »
yes indeed can be annoying as its pretty bright LOL  thanks for the help anyways!  i can live with it.
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Data Hacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 05:45:52 PM »
EDIT: nevermind, you cant fix it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 02:33:45 AM by Data Hacker »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 06:12:25 PM »
It's a design flaw with some of the controllers, even some that have no LED swaps do it, so if anyone needs to fix it it's M$, which they technically did with the CG and CG2 version controllers.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Data Hacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 02:32:34 AM »
It's a design flaw with some of the controllers, even some that have no LED swaps do it, so if anyone needs to fix it it's M$, which they technically did with the CG and CG2 version controllers.

omg how could M$ let this happen!!! they should fix the matrix too its the second newest one and they are still being sold.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 04:32:24 AM »
Right, because they've never made anything else that didn't have any issues, like the 360, Vista, WinMe, etc., etc. E-mail them about it, I'm sure they'll be glad to fix it up for you being that they're different from any other company where they fix their horrible mistakes instead of making up a 'new and improved' version of it instead, oh wait.

The Matrix is also the first version of controllers that were made, they're not anymore even though you can still find them places. The CG, and more commonly now the CG2, are what you'll find in new controllers and the only thing they don't do well is power Blue or White LEDs.

It's not something that ruins the controller, and if you notice a drop off in play time from that small of a drain then you're not using the controller for anything but to stare at with a stop watch. Odds are if you could get your hands on 10 of them at least 1 would have the issue, so you could even have one that does it and never noticed it before, it's not a big deal, or even a small one for that matter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal