Author Topic: alittle help is needed  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
alittle help is needed
« on: July 31, 2010, 05:49:18 AM »
so recently i been failing at life. i bought a shell and painted it bright orange. Then when it came to swapping i realized it was for a different model of ps3. sigh alrite then i'll just take my ps3 apart and paint that shell instead.
Thats when i find out my ps3 is somewhat of a rarity and there are no disassembly tutorials so i set about making one when i get stuck and cant seem to remove the heat sink or fan. any help is appreciated. my ps3 model is cechm03 its a 80gb and i live in the uk. ill post some pics later  :dntknw:

thanks toad and indy for the sigglys

Offline Ennon

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
Re: alittle help is needed
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 06:34:49 PM »
So, wait. You're saying that you bought a Slim PS3 shell for use on your older PS3? Couldn't you tell by the pictures that it was different before you ordered it? This doesn't answer your question, but I'm kinda confused here :/ Because if you did buy a shell for an older PS3 it should work on any older PS3, I think.

Offline SNiPERSEyE

• Guy who draws things...
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 11:00:24 AM »
actually..
i think hes saying that he bought a ps3 PHAT shell, for a ps3 phat , and he has an older version of the phat, with different insides, compared to an average ps3 phat.

And as a solution (if all else fails)... you should paint the shell black again, repaint your shell, and sell the other shell on ebay...

Im a visual arts major at Dreyfoos highschool of the arts , I love games  taking stuff apart (electronics) i have a ton of psps (some modded some not) 2 ps3s and a 3ds im happy with it.

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 03:34:16 PM »
Because if you did buy a shell for an older PS3 it should work on any older PS3, I think.

oh how wrong you are... the HDMI port for one thing is in a different place on older PS3's and then if he has mem card readers THOSE need a place to go, and there are internal things that need different spaces depending on the model ect.

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 01:39:54 AM »
its not even a 60gb shell. thats what confused me. alls good though now i just painted the shell that came with my ps3

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 02:49:41 AM »
its not even a 60gb shell. thats what confused me. alls good though now i just painted the shell that came with my ps3

No offense but why didn't you just paint the shell that was on your PS3 in the first place? :P Why order one just to paint it and put it on haha

Offline Ennon

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 02:11:54 PM »
oh how wrong you are... the HDMI port for one thing is in a different place on older PS3's and then if he has mem card readers THOSE need a place to go, and there are internal things that need different spaces depending on the model ect.

I learned something :D

haha sorry

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 02:42:32 PM »
its my first paint job and i wouldn't trust myself keeping the parts out for that long...... but i did

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal